Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Otherwise, it’s pretty much no-frills. But also a nice no-frills price, so that’s nice!

Precisely. I'm pretty much planning to do a "report out" on so many things when I get back: Poly, DAH, Dessert Party, Cruise, etc. How can I not, when our entire experience is influenced by tips on this site? :) I'll be sure to take pictures and give feedback!

The cost was so low for the whole day. I'm literally throwing every last dollar I have at Disney right now, so it was a no brainer to do this, too. We're going to hang out all day (the reservation starts at 10:30 AM, btw), then clean up and head out to HDDR for dinner that evening. Kona for bkfst the next morning, then on to our Disney cruise.

Thanks! It does look like enough seating for the 5 of us. Did it feel like you were well out of the sun? I'm pretty pale and can't take too much lol!!
Just booked one for our june stay and the CM informed me it only seats 6 and it seems like they may enforce this but I’m not sure why they would care.

It was roughly $75 for the whole day (10 am to 7 pm)

Last edited:
I would have taken a pic if people weren’t in it, but I walked by the Oasis Pool mid/late afternoon one day this past weekend and noticed the one on the far left (if facing the Oasis Pool Bar/Grill) didn’t have much shade at all at that particular moment in time with the angle of the sun. Obviously it’s not like that all day.

You can ask to note a request, but I’d be a little suspect of that actually making it to the right person on site. YMMV though.

We’d use them more if my kids weren’t so obsessed with the Lava Pool. I will say, one could make a case to book them 7/4 week just to have a reserved pool spot whenever you need it.

Otherwise, it’s pretty much no-frills. But also a no-frills price, so that’s nice!
Thank you! Maybe I'll try a request with DSS.

I much prefer the lava pool, but my youngest likes the oasis pool and only wanted to go there last summer :sad2:

I think the loudness and craziness at the lava got to him a little lol! But that sun at the oasis was killing me!:sunny::faint:

I thought the same thing about 7/4. It will probably just be nice to have something on such as busy day and yes the price was not bad!!

Precisely. I'm pretty much planning to do a "report out" on so many things when I get back: Poly, DAH, Dessert Party, Cruise, etc. How can I not, when our entire experience is influenced by tips on this site? :) I'll be sure to take pictures and give feedback!

The cost was so low for the whole day. I'm literally throwing every last dollar I have at Disney right now, so it was a no brainer to do this, too. We're going to hang out all day (the reservation starts at 10:30 AM, btw), then clean up and head out to HDDR for dinner that evening. Kona for bkfst the next morning, then on to our Disney cruise.
Wow that sounds great! Thanks for the tips and have a great time!!

Thank you! Maybe I'll try a request with DSS.

I much prefer the lava pool, but my youngest likes the oasis pool and only wanted to go there last summer :sad2:

I think the loudness and craziness at the lava got to him a little lol! But that sun at the oasis was killing me!:sunny::faint:

I thought the same thing about 7/4. It will probably just be nice to have something on such as busy day and yes the price was not bad!!

FWIW, the one in the middle has a taller roof line and is slightly larger. And I mean slight - it’s not a major difference. Really can’t go wrong with any of them, from my view. Enjoy!

Aloha! We are headed for our first family trip, and first stay at my lifetime dream the Poly the end of this month! I am so excited I might actually burst party:
A few questions though, as we finalize plans and packing. We are staying standard view resort side, and it's 6 of us. 2 adults, 4 kids age 7, 4, and 15m old twins. So we will have a double stroller. Is first floor going to be our best bet? I've heard the elevators are small, so while I'd love a balcony I worry we won't all fit in one trip! Also do the resort side rooms have plenty of toiletries for us or should I plan on packing my own? And are kids allowed to play in the sand on the beaches? I don't think it will be warm enough for us to swim, so they'll need some time to play somewhere. Thanks! I'll probably be back with more questions as I go

Sorry for the unsolicited opinion, but regarding first floor/elevators etc... my opinion when staying on the resort side is that my desire/preference for an outdoor space - be it balcony or patio - trumps everything else. Small elevators, walking up stairs, whatever... those I can deal with... I just ‘want’ that outdoor space in a bad way (sorry to admit that out loud).

Our kids are 8 and 4 (have been staying there since 4 and 1) and there is nothing better than putting the kiddos to bed and spending some time on the balcony/patio winding down with DW while everyone goes to sleep. Maybe with a beverage or two.

So for us, I put all my eggs in one basket and usually request “first or third floor” as my only request. View categories make this statement somewhat flawed, but I figure that way we at least have a roughly 2/3 chance of getting a room with an outdoor space.

And while the elevators are 1970’s small.... they aren’t so small that 2 adults, 2 kids, and a double stroller won’t fit. You just may need to avoid other passengers and wait for an empty cab if the case arises.

Sorry again for the unsolicited opinion! Hope y’all have a great trip.

Sorry for the unsolicited opinion, but regarding first floor/elevators etc... my opinion when staying on the resort side is that my desire/preference for an outdoor space - be it balcony or patio - trumps everything else. Small elevators, walking up stairs, whatever... those I can deal with... I just ‘want’ that outdoor space in a bad way (sorry to admit that out loud).

Our kids are 8 and 4 (have been staying there since 4 and 1) and there is nothing better than putting the kiddos to bed and spending some time on the balcony/patio winding down with DW while everyone goes to sleep. Maybe with a beverage or two.

So for us, I put all my eggs in one basket and usually request “first or third floor” as my only request. View categories make this statement somewhat flawed, but I figure that way we at least have a roughly 2/3 chance of getting a room with an outdoor space.

And while the elevators are 1970’s small.... they aren’t so small that 2 adults, 2 kids, and a double stroller won’t fit. You just may need to avoid other passengers and wait for an empty cab if the case arises.

For some more unsolicited advice, this is exactly how we feel also. :thumbsup2

Same. I’ll take the stairs no issues even with a stroller.

And with a family of 6, as OP mentioned, you’ll want as much extra space as you can get even if it’s in the form of a small outdoor space.

And while the elevators aUOTE]

This is actually how we feel as well, and in all the planning and obsessing, it never occurred to me I could just request one or the other thanks!

I agree! We go with 3 kids and need that space to sometimes get away from all the kid noise lol :hyper2:

Speaking of trips, I just realized we are 89 days away from our next Poly visit. :dogdance:

It'll be here before you know it! :wizard:

86 days for us! Thankfully we are NOT doing the race haha! I'll still have a Pago Pago Painkiller sitting by the Oasis pool however.

You will be checking into the Poly before you know it! :goodvibes

Truly was one of the best trips! We just enjoyed the weather, listening to the Christmas music piped in all over at poly and gf , and eating and drinking lol.

The boat from poly/gf/MK was a nice way to just relax and enjoy an afternoon.

Sounds like a nice, relaxing time :cloud9:.

Have not Googled or searched this, so apologies. Anyone happen to have the Poly lost and found number handy?

Thanks!

Hello Poly lovers!

For our next trip in February, we will not be staying at our beloved Polynesian :sad:. However, we will be right next door at the GF, and are planning to walk or monorail over a couple of times to get our Poly fix(es). The goals are: another collectible tiki mug from Trader Sam’s, pulled pork nachos, Lapu Lapu from Tambu, and ‘Ohana bread pudding.

What is the current feeling about having drinks on the Tiki Terrace and bringing in food from Captain Cooks? We’ve never done this for fear of shortchanging the TT waitstaff, but have seen others doing it. This would be an easy way to snag a tiki mug and enjoy some nachos at the same time, but not if it’s frowned upon.

Also, is the bread pudding still available at Tambu after the revamp? Please say yes please say yes please say yes...

Thanks!

Hello,

My family and I are booked for a Pool or Marina view in July. My family consists of my wife and two college age sons. Any suggestions on room requests would be greatly appreciated. Would also appreciate any tips on the Poly in general. I have been to WDW many times but this is our first stay at the Poly.

Thanks!

Loving the patio discussions...we have a pool day planned for our trip in march and I am considering a patio but also wondering if it will be warm enough?!?! I'm thinking we may just wait and see...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter