Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a note for upcoming visitors. We're here now in Raratonga longhouse (which has been renovated with a ceiling light replacing the ceiling fan). No problem with the thermostat turning off at night or when we're out of the room. It's staying nice and chilly where we set it! I had the thermostat override instructions saved but never needed to use them.

I have to second this. I was in Hawaii last week which has had the small room updates as well. Same thermostat as always for me and a nice ice cold room where I could control it pretty much exactly as desired.

Just a note for upcoming visitors. We're here now in Raratonga longhouse (which has been renovated with a ceiling light replacing the ceiling fan). No problem with the thermostat turning off at night or when we're out of the room. It's staying nice and chilly where we set it! I had the thermostat override instructions saved but never needed to use them.
We stayed in Rarotonga in May and loved it. Thanks for the update..we'll be back at the Poly in just 2 weeks, hope we get the same 3rd floor room.

I'm starting to plan our next trip- husband gave me the go ahead :yay: We were thinking of staying at the Poly.... it will be Aug 2018, me, DH, DD7 and DD3. Was wondering if it's worth club level or regular? We were planning on doing a meal plan. Thoughts?

Also any tips would be great!

We stay club level a lot and eat at least 1 to 2 meals a day there. We would never do the DDP and club level. Sometimes we have a lunch TS and come back for snacks at night.

Club level is definitely a personal preference - we love the ability to hang out in the lounge especially the Poly's Lounge. It is our favorite lounge. The Poly and BWI CL CMs are wonderful and make you feel like family. We love it.

Darn it! Now I'm nostalgic for CL and am wondering if we can make it work this year. Haha! I think over the course of a week we only ate three or four counter service meals in the parks. We really took advantage of the CL offerings. The convenience just can't be beat. Just that price is a real deterrent for us for this year. I think I'd rather do two trips as opposed to one CL trip. What are your thoughts on why you might like CL? What you would do with the savings if you didn't do CL?

Last edited:

I just thought for convenience with our 2 girls and it will allow my husband a place to go while the girls are going to sleep. Also for breakfast and snacks, I usually mail a huge box of snacks and drinks down, with CL I wouldn't have too. The alcohol offerings were a draw so my husband could have a beer at night.... but I read that in 2018, alcohol is included with dining package. We were just going to do the regular dining plan or maybe even just the quick service meal plan. Haven't done all the math yet and wouldn't do anything special with the savings.

We stayed in Rarotonga in May and loved it. Thanks for the update..we'll be back at the Poly in just 2 weeks, hope we get the same 3rd floor room.
I had actually requested third floor in Fiji but am I ever happy to have gotten third floor Raratonga. With the heavy dinnertime thunder showers, it was amazing to have only a 10 foot gap between the longhouse and the Grand Ceremonial House! Had I been in Fiji, I wouldn't have ventured out quite so easily!

Just a mention to be cautious with your luggage when you arrive at your room. I bumped into a family on Boutiki buying clothes and swimsuits and they mentioned they were buying because they had discovered bedbugs in their room. They had been moved right away but they had to take out all of their belongings to be "cleaned", hence having to buy clothes. I have always read online about not bringing your belongings into the room before checking it out, but I never remember to do it myself! On the plus side, you can do a bug check and take some room photos before it gets all messy with your stuff!

Just a mention to be cautious with your luggage when you arrive at your room. I bumped into a family on Boutiki buying clothes and swimsuits and they mentioned they were buying because they had discovered bedbugs in their room. They had been moved right away but they had to take out all of their belongings to be "cleaned", hence having to buy clothes. I have always read online about not bringing your belongings into the room before checking it out, but I never remember to do it myself! On the plus side, you can do a bug check and take some room photos before it gets all messy with your stuff!

Every disney resort has had bedbugs at some point. Unfortunately it's more common than most people realize. Thankfully disney is usually very proactive at even the mention of a bug in the room.

A good tip is to park all baggage in your bathroom while you check. Bathrooms and bedbugs do not mix.

Where do you check, I thought they hide until night. :scared:

Thank you for all the info. So tough. I know we will have a great time no matter what we pick.

I agree, you will have a great time whether you stay CL or not :goodvibes.

Thanks for the info! Hope you're having a great time :).

Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Will you share your room number after you return home from your trip? I plan to request Rarotonga for October, and would like to hear more of your feedback when you get back home!

Enjoy your trip!!

Does anyone know if the Polynesian stopped the smores making at the fire pit they have? My kids used to love that! Thanks

Nicole

We got the same room two years in a row in Rarotonga. Third floor - last room on the left. Years ago we got the same room two years in a row at POFQ!! What are the odds?

[GALLERY=][GALLERY=][/GALLERY][/GALLERY]
Will you share your room number after you return home from your trip? I plan to request Rarotonga for October, and would like to hear more of your feedback when you get back home!

Enjoy your trip!!

We just arrived home today. We stayed in room 3811, which was on the oasis pool side, 4th room from the end furthest from grand ceremonial house. We loved the location and view was nice. We could actually see fireworks at night over the room of Hawaii longhouse. Would happily stay in this room next time!

[GALLERY=][GALLERY=][/GALLERY][/GALLERY]

We just arrived home today. We stayed in room 3811, which was on the oasis pool side, 4th room from the end furthest from grand ceremonial house. We loved the location and view was nice. We could actually see fireworks at night over the room of Hawaii longhouse. Would happily stay in this room next time!

That sounds like a perfect location. Thank you so much for sharing!!

When did this happen? Recently?

Oh where can I find the thermostat override instructions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter