Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should then just call them Non View, so you know your getting the Worst view possible in the first place.
Including pools? Well that kind of stinks. So they will put an even higher price if you look at a pool vs a palm tree?
So I'm guessing Hawaii CL garden will be More expensive?
And so will anything facing a pool? They going to do this everywhere? Cause that would pretty much suck "hey want a. Ire at all and don't want a palm tree in your face that's gonna cost you even more" if they do I hope it isn't they raise the price but mark the less desirable Lower then they are now.

I'm just guessing, he didn't post the actual news yet, just that changes are coming.
But I would imagine it would be something similar - change lagoon view to water view and you can include pools in those! That's how it is at Beach Club.
I think Fiji would definitely become at least a lagoon view.
He did say it doesn't include DVC?

Kind of stinks if it does happen. When Disney (or any company) sees that people are requesting the same thing over and over, they figure out they can make some money on it! :D

I'm just guessing, he didn't post the actual news yet, just that changes are coming.
But I would imagine it would be something similar - change lagoon view to water view and you can include pools in those! That's how it is at Beach Club.

Kind of stinks if it does happen. When Disney (or any company) sees that people are requesting the same thing over and over, they figure out they can make some money on it! :D

He said it is cash rooms and not DVC.
I went to the Facebook page to check it out. He also said it'll be soon and probably by September!

Yeah, well it gets to be a bit much when something standard they'll call an upgrade :( especially when you've saved up. Of course, I might be picky as we haven't had a vacation at all since our worst vacation/ Disney trip 2010 before that it was 2005 our honeymoon lol so overdue for a trip. We now have 3 little ones (5yrs, 2yrs, 4m)
So, I've been saving trying to get is a really nice one. As, We had a pretty big scare with me right after the baby was born so I really want us to enjoy this first family vacation.

Luckily they can't do anything to DVC because I think that would cause a point redistribution somewhere. The current point charts are through the end of 2018 and include a lake view and standard view so I can't see it changing up too much. That being said, it's a real shame they're trying to change up the cash rooms. The rates are already pretty splurge worthy for most. It's gotta be hard for the guest to justify much more.

I wouldn't panic about view category changes.

Here's the thing: All of what is now SV is basically booked for all of fall. If a bunch of rooms currently SV become, say, Lagoon/Pool/Water View, some of the SV bookings will still have to be assigned into them.

Totally simplified math. Numbers not accurate. I am making this easy/clear on why I say the above.

Today, there are 100 SV rooms. 25 of those rooms are reclassified in September to Water View.
However, prior to September, Disney allowed all 100 rooms to be booked as SV.

Therefore, 25 of those 100 bookings must be assigned into Water View, or better, because otherwise those people don't get rooms.

I wouldn't panic about view category changes.

Here's the thing: All of what is now SV is basically booked for all of fall. If a bunch of rooms currently SV become, say, Lagoon/Pool/Water View, some of the SV bookings will still have to be assigned into them.

Totally simplified math. Numbers not accurate. I am making this easy/clear on why I say the above.

Today, there are 100 SV rooms. 25 of those rooms are reclassified in September to Water View.
However, prior to September, Disney allowed all 100 rooms to be booked as SV.

Therefore, 25 of those 100 bookings must be assigned into Water View, or better, because otherwise those people don't get rooms.

So you're saying...In October I still have a shot at Fiji marina view if I wanted to request it! ;)

(I'm asking for Niue, which I think would be safe from changes anyways)

I'm starting to plan our next trip- husband gave me the go ahead :yay: We were thinking of staying at the Poly.... it will be Aug 2018, me, DH, DD7 and DD3. Was wondering if it's worth club level or regular? We were planning on doing a meal plan. Thoughts?

Also any tips would be great!

I think Dining Plan + Club Level is overkill, especially with kids. Dining Plan has you spending a lot of time dining, and a lot of food. CL can be used for breakfast, snacks, light appetizers and drinks in the evening, but only if you're spending time on resort (and aren't pre-stuffed on DDP).

I'm starting to plan our next trip- husband gave me the go ahead :yay: We were thinking of staying at the Poly.... it will be Aug 2018, me, DH, DD7 and DD3. Was wondering if it's worth club level or regular? We were planning on doing a meal plan. Thoughts?

Staying CL is a personal preference as "worth" is different for everyone, but it is a nice experience. With that said, we don't stay CL every trip, but when we do, it's mostly for the lounge and having another place to relax rather than in our room or around the resort. We also like the DDP and don't think it's too much food (just our opinion). We do a TS dinner every night, so having CL and the DDP is not a problem for us, but ymmv. We haven't tried CL at the Poly, but it seems to get good reviews and the view from the lounge can't be beat. Good luck deciding and happy planning :wizard:.

We stayed CL in 2016 with our 7 and 3 year old (plus grandparents). Grandparents received a pin code that year and we got a great deal on the rooms. What I loved about staying CL was the convenience of it. Because our kids were/are young we don't hit the parks commando style and really enjoy the pools and resorts. At CL we had access to the lounge and snacks. We got uncrustables and juice boxes for the kids in the morning to take to the parks. We are not big alcohol drinkers - but the evening offerings were nice and many guests were enjoying beers, etc. if you like having a few drinks at night CL is very nice! We loved the location of the longhouse and had a great view of the oasis pool. We plan on going back this spring but I don't know if CL is in the cards. I think a standard view and garden grocer will work just fine for us this time. Although the food offerings were nice, I didn't find them to be anything special and by the end of the week we were ready for a change. I'm curious if the food offerings have changed much since 2016. Have fun planning!!

Staying CL is a personal preference as "worth" is different for everyone, but it is a nice experience. With that said, we don't stay CL every trip, but when we do, it's mostly for the lounge and having another place to relax rather than in our room or around the resort. We also like the DDP and don't think it's too much food (just our opinion). We do a TS dinner every night, so having CL and the DDP is not a problem for us, but ymmv. We haven't tried CL at the Poly, but it seems to get good reviews and the view from the lounge can't be beat. Good luck deciding and happy planning :wizard:.

We stayed CL in 2016 with our 7 and 3 year old (plus grandparents). Grandparents received a pin code that year and we got a great deal on the rooms. What I loved about staying CL was the convenience of it. Because our kids were/are young we don't hit the parks commando style and really enjoy the pools and resorts. At CL we had access to the lounge and snacks. We got uncrustables and juice boxes for the kids in the morning to take to the parks. We are not big alcohol drinkers - but the evening offerings were nice and many guests were enjoying beers, etc. if you like having a few drinks at night CL is very nice! We loved the location of the longhouse and had a great view of the oasis pool. We plan on going back this spring but I don't know if CL is in the cards. I think a standard view and garden grocer will work just fine for us this time. Although the food offerings were nice, I didn't find them to be anything special and by the end of the week we were ready for a change. I'm curious if the food offerings have changed much since 2016. Have fun planning!!

Thank you for all the info. So tough. I know we will have a great time no matter what we pick.

Thank you for all the info. So tough. I know we will have a great time no matter what we pick.

We stayed at the Poly CL garden view for our first trip with our 5 year old last winter, and will be staying there again this fall with a 6 and 2 year old. We loved the easy, quick breakfast in the morning and having a quiet place to relax midday. But the best part for us is that after the kids are in bed, we can sit out on the patio with a view of the Oasis pool, and one of us could run upstairs to the lounge for drinks and snacks to bring back. It was a nice mini-vacation for DH and me after the kids were sleeping and we were otherwise room-bound.

We stayed at the Poly CL garden view for our first trip with our 5 year old last winter, and will be staying there again this fall with a 6 and 2 year old. We loved the easy, quick breakfast in the morning and having a quiet place to relax midday. But the best part for us is that after the kids are in bed, we can sit out on the patio with a view of the Oasis pool, and one of us could run upstairs to the lounge for drinks and snacks to bring back. It was a nice mini-vacation for DH and me after the kids were sleeping and we were otherwise room-bound.

Like x1,000. :thumbsup2

That's what I was thinking. Thank you. Did you have a meal plan too?

I also find CL plus meal plan too much. When we stayed CL, it did alter our touring style. We built our day around breakfast and evening snack times and found a sit down lunch he only other needed meal. We bought very few snacks. I would pick one or he other. CL if you see yourself favoring resort time, dining plan, if you favor park time. Honestly, my family does not do either anymore, as we tend to like the freedom to order where and when we want!

That's what I was thinking. Thank you. Did you have a meal plan too?

We had the dining plan last time. The biggest problem was that we had way too many snack credits left over, since we were getting our snacks in the lounge when we went back for an afternoon break. We also didn't need the refillable mugs because there were beverages in the lounge. But we did a late breakfast and normal dinner every day, after grabbing a quick early breakfast in the lounge. I'm on the fence about having the dining plan this time- we would about break even given that we're doing a bunch of character meals.

Just a note for upcoming visitors. We're here now in Raratonga longhouse (which has been renovated with a ceiling light replacing the ceiling fan). No problem with the thermostat turning off at night or when we're out of the room. It's staying nice and chilly where we set it! I had the thermostat override instructions saved but never needed to use them.

Just a note for upcoming visitors. We're here now in Raratonga longhouse (which has been renovated with a ceiling light replacing the ceiling fan). No problem with the thermostat turning off at night or when we're out of the room. It's staying nice and chilly where we set it! I had the thermostat override instructions saved but never needed to use them.

Great to read, thanks! :)

Love Raratonga Longhouse, stayed there twice

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter