Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! We are getting ready for our first stay at the Poly over 4th of July week. We have only had breakfast at O'Hana and loved it, but have reservations for dinner this year. Has anyone been to O'Hana for dinner recently? It looks like they changed the menu from when I made the reservation - no more chicken or shrimp? The website says "your feast of sausage, beef, turkey and pork..." Is this a new menu? My one daughter doesn't eat meat, and the other only eats chicken and shrimp. We may need to rethink this reservation... Any help is appreciated!

We had dinner at 'Ohana two weeks ago and there was chicken, shrimp & beef - all yummy! Though I'd give it all away for more of that bread pudding...

We just stayed there a few weeks ago and it was heaven! We also used cabs instead of the buses to get to AK and HS and while it was still a 10-15 minute drive, it wasn't nearly as bad as the buses. I would leave at least 30min before you want to be IN the park. It will be a 10-15 minute drive, and then parking, and then walking. If I was super cautious I would leave 45 min beforehand.
How much was the cab and how early are they available ?

I cannot decide what longhouse to request :crazy2:. I would like either Fiji or Samoa. I know I would like to request 3rd floor. Should I just add Fiji or Samoa 3rd floor as our room request? The only thing I worry about Fiji is the walk to the pool and buses. Is there a side door that goes into the Great Ceremonial House?
What would any of you suggest?

I love Fiji, but Samoa is more centrally located if you are looking to be near the pool or transportation. You have to walk around the Marina a little bit to get to the pool from Fiji and across the resort to get to the buses. There is a side door of the GCH by Trader Sams. It isn't that far of a walk, but it depends on your family.

Last edited:
Just booked here for three nights in July and can't wait to be back at the poly! Quick add on after a dance competition and really wanted to try a studio this time instead. What are my chances one will open up before we arrive?

I cannot decide what longhouse to request :crazy2:. I would like either Fiji or Samoa. I know I would like to request 3rd floor. Should I just add Fiji or Samoa 3rd floor as our room request? The only thing I worry about Fiji is the walk to the pool and buses. Is there a side door that goes into the Great Ceremonial House?
What would any of you suggest?

I think both are good options. We love Samoa and while we've never stayed in Fiji, it seems to be a favorite for a lot of people. Keep in mind that if you check in and find that your requests weren't met, you can always ask if a different room/longhouse is available. It's not guaranteed that your room/longhouse can be changed, but it never hurts to ask ;).

I love Fiji, but Samoa is more centrally located if you are looking to be near the pool or transportation. You have to walk around the Marina a little bit to get to the pool from Fiji and across the resort to get to the buses. There is a side door of the GCH by Trader Sams. It isn't that far of a walk, but it depends on your family.

I agree :).

Just booked here for three nights in July and can't wait to be back at the poly! Quick add on after a dance competition and really wanted to try a studio this time instead. What are my chances one will open up before we arrive?

How exciting, it's always fun booking unexpected trips! As far as a studio, we never stay in those, so I can't answer as to how easy/hard it is to book. If there's not one available now, I would just keep checking. Good luck. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

GADisneyDad14 - Thank you so much for the pictures and the viewing critique for the new fireworks show. It is really helpful to know how the experience across the lagoon compares to the experience inside the park. With WISHES, we have only watched it a few times in the park as we prefer the tranquility of watching from across the lagoon (or if in the park... jumping on all the rides with no lines while everyone else is staking out their claim before the show). Watching from the resort has no big crowds and an easy stroll back to our room when we are ready.

On our last trip, we were trying to time our MK exit one night to arrive back at the GF right before the fireworks started. While waiting for the next boat launch, a large pontoon?? style boat arrives and the captain says anyone interested in a fireworks cruise could hop on. It was magical!! We watched the show with music playing on the boat speakers from the middle of the lagoon and then were dropped off at the GF boat dock. It is those little surprises that WDW does so well to get us even MORE hooked :wizard:

Does anyone know if the Oasis Pool Bar & the Tiki Bar accepts the Disney Visa rewards card or a Disney Gift Card?

This also gets asked about quite a bit so including some current photos of the Oasis Pool 'cabanas' (I use the term loosely). As a reminder, these are at the Oasis Pool, not the main/feature pool (Lava Pool).

There are three. The middle one is slightly larger and has a slightly higher roof/shelter. All three are "poolside" so are in very good spots.
IMG_9632.JPG

I don't remember the lounge from last time I was at Poly (Feb), I think that is new? Each one has the same furniture. This one is the middle one which as I mentioned is just a bit larger.
IMG_9633.JPG

The is one of the side ones.
IMG_9634.JPG

Nighttime shot. They appear to drop the 'ropes' so these are first come/first served at this hour.
Oasis Cabanas.JPG

This also gets asked about quite a bit so including some current photos of the Oasis Pool 'cabanas' (I use the term loosely).

Thanks for posting these pictures! It really helps to visualize the space. Any changes to the CL food this time? (I know you have posted lots of pics in the past.) Just wondering if they have started omelets or other improvements I've read about at other CLs. We are finally less than a year to our trip so I'm hopeful for further improvements in the CL.:)

Thanks for posting these pictures! It really helps to visualize the space. Any changes to the CL food this time? (I know you have posted lots of pics in the past.) Just wondering if they have started omelets or other improvements I've read about at other CLs. We are finally less than a year to our trip so I'm hopeful for further improvements in the CL.:)

It was similar to my Feb trip if you saw that report on the CL thread. Still some significant upgrades over prior years, but nothing to the extent of chef stations, etc. I've got a bunch of photos and will post over on the CL thread soon. :thumbsup2

Going to Polynesian in early December for our first trip. We are splitting our stay with Boardwalk Villas (5 at BV, followed by 2 at Poly). I am wondering, are there still locations to view the fireworks at MK from the beach (or another common area) ? We are planning on doing O'Hana our first night and maybe just enjoying the resort on our last day (since we have to leave MK early due to the Christmas Party).

Quick question... is there a Polynesian pin sold at the Poly at all? I don't think I saw one last year when I was checking out the gift shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter