Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're going to be at the Poly for the Princess half next weekend and heard that you can order the O'hana feast as a room service offering. I'm not sure how mobile we'll be after the run, so it sounded like a great option. I, however, am lactose-intollerant. Does anyone know if you can order the meal dairy free? I know they can do it at the restaurant, but I wasn't sure if they would be willing to do this for room service.

TIA for any help you can offer!

This time next week I'll be checking in to my Poly studio! First time since I don't own there.

Have a great time! :yay:

First time at the Poly coming up so tyvm!!

The Poly is amazing, you're going to love it! Have a great trip :wizard:.

We're going to be at the Poly for the Princess half next weekend and heard that you can order the O'hana feast as a room service offering. I'm not sure how mobile we'll be after the run, so it sounded like a great option. I, however, am lactose-intollerant. Does anyone know if you can order the meal dairy free? I know they can do it at the restaurant, but I wasn't sure if they would be willing to do this for room service.

TIA for any help you can offer!

I've read reports of people making substitutions for items, but I'm not sure about dairy free. Hopefully others will be able to help :flower3:.

We are finally set! It took a couple of days to get my fastpass times but persistence pays off in the end. I managed to talk DH into a couples massage after Friday's race ;) We are eating very light (Dole Whips are light eating right?) until the race then the massage and an early ADR at Ohana. After a food coma induced sleep we'll enjoy Flower and Garden at Epcot Saturday and MK on Sunday. We decided to pass on AK this trip since we'll be back again in May!

So excited!!

Thinking about a stay here in June (we always stay at CBR but they will be under major construction so looking for a new place with a great pool! We love CBR pool) So, every room has sliding doors that open? I've never stayed deluxe before only moderate and they don't have balconies. Hoping for some kind of a slider that opens to get fresh air! So every room has one? On the online check in - does it have a section to request what floor? The kids splash pad - is there a height limit? My son is almost 48 inches - (I know the height limit at CBR splash pad is 48). Are there tables by the pool or are there just lounge chairs? And if there are tables can you bring food in from the quick service? Sorry if this was all answered before - I read the first couple pages and saw all the great photos! Thanks!

Thinking about a stay here in June (we always stay at CBR but they will be under major construction so looking for a new place with a great pool! We love CBR pool) So, every room has sliding doors that open? I've never stayed deluxe before only moderate and they don't have balconies. Hoping for some kind of a slider that opens to get fresh air! So every room has one? On the online check in - does it have a section to request what floor? The kids splash pad - is there a height limit? My son is almost 48 inches - (I know the height limit at CBR splash pad is 48). Are there tables by the pool or are there just lounge chairs? And if there are tables can you bring food in from the quick service? Sorry if this was all answered before - I read the first couple pages and saw all the great photos! Thanks!
All of the rooms have a slider, but 2nd floor don't have actual outdoor space save on the DVC units.

The splash pad limit is 48" but if a child is playing nicely I didn't see them getting fierce about it. My son is over 48" but they were okay with him playing nicely with his little sister.

There are some tables by the pool, but they're pretty limited. There are also tables on the deck near the QS. There is a QS at the Oasis Pool, so obviously food is not considered "not okay." The Oasis Pool Bar is A+++ and the pool is really nice.

All of the rooms have a slider, but 2nd floor don't have actual outdoor space save on the DVC units.

The splash pad limit is 48" but if a child is playing nicely I didn't see them getting fierce about it. My son is over 48" but they were okay with him playing nicely with his little sister.

There are some tables by the pool, but they're pretty limited. There are also tables on the deck near the QS. There is a QS at the Oasis Pool, so obviously food is not considered "not okay." The Oasis Pool Bar is A+++ and the pool is really nice.

Thanks!!!!!!!

The splash pad limit is 48" but if a child is playing nicely I didn't see them getting fierce about it. My son is over 48" but they were okay with him playing nicely with his little sister..
Just to add to this, my over 48" daughter has never been kicked out of the Poly splash pad while hanging out with her brother, on several stays and even during the busy 4th of July weekend. Our one and only stay at CBR (in September) she was asked to leave almost immediately upon entering.

I agree with the comments above about the 48" height requirement. We spend a lot of time there!!

Taller than 48" will be just fine unless they are causing trouble or otherwise bothering others, which is usually more the case with a 'tween' than a child around 48" inches. If you're over 48" they'll tell you to not go down the smallest kiddie slide and may ask to check your height against the sign, but everything else is OK from my experience. I've never seen someone flat out kicked out for being close (although have a WL!).

Thanks guys!!!! He's only in kindergarten but he's really tall! So he looks so much older than he really is!
Take him over to the Oasis Pool too. My daughter is that age, and she LOVED the zero-entry with bubblers over there (and the access to the drink machine).

I'm so so excited for our upcoming stay in April at the Polynesian! It's for our first wedding anniversary and I couldn't be more thrilled to stay there. My husband and I are usually the type to stay in the parks all day, but this time, we're specifically carving out time to take breaks back at the hotel to go to the pool, take a nap, hang out at the Tiki Terrace, etc. However, I can't decide what to request for our online check in! We booked a garden view. I definitely want the third floor balcony. We'd prefer a king bed since it's just the two of us, but not fussed either way (I'll call WDW to request that though). It seems that Samoa and Raratonga are our choices. I'm leaning toward Samoa, but does it get too noisy since it's right between the two pools?

Also, when I call to request the king bed, should I also say that it's our anniversary? I know I shouldn't expect anything, but I figure it can hurt to add that tidbit to our reservation!

I'm so so excited for our upcoming stay in April at the Polynesian! It's for our first wedding anniversary and I couldn't be more thrilled to stay there. My husband and I are usually the type to stay in the parks all day, but this time, we're specifically carving out time to take breaks back at the hotel to go to the pool, take a nap, hang out at the Tiki Terrace, etc. However, I can't decide what to request for our online check in! We booked a garden view. I definitely want the third floor balcony. We'd prefer a king bed since it's just the two of us, but not fussed either way (I'll call WDW to request that though). It seems that Samoa and Raratonga are our choices. I'm leaning toward Samoa, but does it get too noisy since it's right between the two pools?

Garden View is in more than just Samoa or Rarotonga. Fiji and Niue also have king rooms, GV.

There are additional GV rooms in other buildings but I'm not sure about the king availability.

Also, when I call to request the king bed, should I also say that it's our anniversary? I know I shouldn't expect anything, but I figure it can hurt to add that tidbit to our reservation!

Definitely have it added to your reservation. When I booked our October trip the cast member was very chatty and we were talking about our first Halloween party and how I was trying to get my oldest there before he graduates and she said, let's add his graduation to the reservation. I didn't even ask and it only came up talking about why we were taking the trip. It never hurts to put it on there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter