Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the monorail is not running, they will either have a boat from Poly to MK or a bus from Poly to MK. Since not all CMs may be well-informed, the best is to keep an eye on any reduced monorail announcements. Here are a few of the monorail operating hour news from the last year. It seems it went back to longer hours (7 am resort monorail and an 8 am epcot monorail) on Sept 27th.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportat...-timetable-to-accommodate-automation-work.htm
http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportat...rate-on-revised-schedule-from-september-1.htm
http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportat...erating-schedule-to-begin-on-september-27.htm
http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportat...ime-operating-hours-through-to-the-summer.htm
http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportat...ney-world-monorail-system-operating-hours.htm

Is there a beach with chairs and/or hammocks in front of Moorea? Can you see Wishes from there? I'm thinking not from what I hear about the bungalows' location. So what other areas can you watch Wishes? We're staying GV deluxe studio. Thanks in advance!
No beach chairs (unless someone drags ones over) on the beach in front of Moorea. The best place is in front of the Volcano (Nanae) Pool. Also, per the pool CM I spoke to the pool will have later hours for the summer so I'm hoping to try watching from the pool again or even the hot tub.

No beach chairs (unless someone drags ones over) on the beach in front of Moorea. The best place is in front of the Volcano (Nanae) Pool. Also, per the pool CM I spoke to the pool will have later hours for the summer so I'm hoping to try watching from the pool again or even the hot tub.

Yep. Starting the Friday of Memorial Day weekend the pool hours will switch to 9A-11P.

We switched from WL for our first deluxe stay to Poly TPV for Oct 9-16 last night, soooo excited! This trip is just the DW and I and we figured if we were going to splurge this trip why not get the resort and view we've been dreaming of for a long time. We wanted to be on the monorail or boat because we are doing MNSSHP two nights and the Keys to the Kingdom Tour on a third day. This trip will definitely be a heavy MK trip and the Poly seems perfect for that. Of all the deluxe resorts my wife likes the look and feel of the Poly. She says it just looks like it says tropical vacation lol.

My question is: Is Tuvalu the only building that will have the (TPV) room category? I'm thinking the only other TPV, besides villas, would be Hawaii but those are CL rooms. Am I correct? We are hoping to be in Tuvalu because the location seems perfect to look out at the lake and MK and to watch wishes at night from the balcony on our non party nights. Has anyone else on here stayed TPV lately?

Time2disney: thank you for the monorail update link! It doesn't look as bad as I thought! We don't plan to Rope Drop on any of our days anyway !!
You are welcome!
I agree the shortened hours are not to extreme, and the ferry service and resort boats will be running for EMH, so no worries!
And just the thought of trying to get my teens to a rope drop is making me twitch uncontrollably! Lol! Ain't gonna happen.:sad2:

How would I get to the contemporary for an early morning Chef Mickey's ADR (725 am) if the monorail is running on limited schedule when we go??

I assume the ferry will be running early for pre park opening ADR's and BBB???

We only have two early mornings while at the Poly. CM's before Epcot and an 815 BBB. We have two sleep in days and one BB day which will be check out day but we'll be going check in at the BC.

Last edited:
Every year we Rope Drop. It will be nice just the two of us, slowest week of the year....actually having a sit down breakfast each morning before Strolling over to the parks and just Walking Through. No waiting in line for the gates to open. I won't know how to go back to vacationing the old way!!!

How would I get to the contemporary for an early morning Chef Mickey's ADR (725 am) if the monorail is running on limited schedule when we go??

I assume the ferry will be running early for pre park opening ADR's and BBB???

We only have two early mornings while at the Poly. CM's before Epcot and an 815 BBB. We have two sleep in days and one BB day which will be check out day but we'll be going check in at the BC.

I think why no one is answering your question is because there is no definitive answer. From what I have read there are early buses that run starting between 6:15am to 6:30am for early ADR's. If you miss your bus it might be a while until another arrives. So surely between the watercraft and buses you should be able to get to CR/MK. And if these options aren't available you can always get a taxi, which are numerous outside the front entrance.
Sorry for the not clear answer. I wish Disney would just post a time/schedule for all early ADR buses, and if you missed that bus then you could get a taxi. I know the unknowing is driving you crazy(us diser's are planners!) but i think once you get to the Poly you will be able to find your answers.

I think why no one is answering your question is because there is no definitive answer. From what I have read there are early buses that run starting between 6:15am to 6:30am for early ADR's. If you miss your bus it might be a while until another arrives. So surely between the watercraft and buses you should be able to get to CR/MK. And if these options aren't available you can always get a taxi, which are numerous outside the front entrance.
Sorry for the not clear answer. I wish Disney would just post a time/schedule for all early ADR buses, and if you missed that bus then you could get a taxi. I know the unknowing is driving you crazy(us diser's are planners!) but i think once you get to the Poly you will be able to find your answers.

Thank you!

We switched from WL for our first deluxe stay to Poly TPV for Oct 9-16 last night, soooo excited! This trip is just the DW and I and we figured if we were going to splurge this trip why not get the resort and view we've been dreaming of for a long time. We wanted to be on the monorail or boat because we are doing MNSSHP two nights and the Keys to the Kingdom Tour on a third day. This trip will definitely be a heavy MK trip and the Poly seems perfect for that. Of all the deluxe resorts my wife likes the look and feel of the Poly. She says it just looks like it says tropical vacation lol.

My question is: Is Tuvalu the only building that will have the (TPV) room category? I'm thinking the only other TPV, besides villas, would be Hawaii but those are CL rooms. Am I correct? We are hoping to be in Tuvalu because the location seems perfect to look out at the lake and MK and to watch wishes at night from the balcony on our non party nights. Has anyone else on here stayed TPV lately?

We are staying TPV next week. We requested Tuvalu as well. Hawaii is for CL only and I believe there are a few TPV in Aotearoa as well but I am hoping for Tuvalu for a better lagoon view.

Haha! YAY!

Yes! I've had my ADRs set for a while now. We like to have a very relaxed vacation. Sleep in, grab some breakfast at Kona/Captain Cook's and then head into the park around 11. Then around 4 we come back, swim/nap and go to a sit-down dinner at 7ish! First night we will celebrate with a late-night 'Ohana dinner!

I'm so excited! Going to work every day is killing me though, I'm ready to go NOW!! Haha :)
Your schedule is my schedule! Love the relaxed vacation....but still packed with loads of fun! Happy Happy for you!

Every year we Rope Drop. It will be nice just the two of us, slowest week of the year....actually having a sit down breakfast each morning before Strolling over to the parks and just Walking Through. No waiting in line for the gates to open. I won't know how to go back to vacationing the old way!!!
I'm with you. I've been twice with this same pace in mind. It was Heaven!

I read this and it made me check my calendar -- we are also 7 weeks away from our Poly CL stay! 4th of July week? What view did you book? I went with LV cause we are hoping for 1st floor room.

Yes! We arrive June 30th. We are booked on a magical deal and could only get GV CL - We are not thrilled with the pit of dirt that we realize will be outside of our door - but have requested 3rd floor so hopefully we can still have a balcony. We spend more time watching things from the lounge anyway - although we LOVED our GV first floor stay 2 summers ago - DD being able to run around in the grass while we sat on our porch with some lounge snacks was THE BEST!

I would like to announce...because I am over the moon excited...JUST 22 DAYS UNTIL I CHECK INTO THE POLY!!!!! :dogdance:
Woo hoo!!!

I read this and it made me check my calendar -- we are also 7 weeks away from our Poly CL stay! 4th of July week? What view did you book? I went with LV cause we are hoping for 1st floor room.

I just noticed your signature - are you also doing BC CL? We are doing BC CL after we do Poly CL! 1 week at both!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter