Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We checked in today around 12:30. Our room was ready, although we didn't get the text until after we got to the room. We're in room 1520 in Hawaii. It's perfect. We have a lovely garden view. The man who checked us in at the front desk was lovely. He asked me if it was my daughter's first time. I was thinking no, she's never stayed at the Polynsesian. Of course he meant at Disney, period. So she got a first visit button and a nice coloring book with crayons and some stickers. She was thrilled. I felt to silly to correct him, and she didn't get a first visit button on her actual fist visit, so it all works, right? We haven't done much but hang around the resort, swim in the pools, and head to Disney springs for a little bit.

The important stuff:

1. Both hot tubs are working. There was one kid in the lava pool hot tub who was being a pain and completely unsupervised. Another family was there and I could tell dad thought he was mine. I let him know he wasn't.

2. The bus to Disney Springs was shockingly quick. I've always just gotten a cab or used uber. I was feeling cheap, so took the bus. We waited maybe five minutes and one showed up. We were at DS within half-an-hour.

3. We ate at Trader Sam's terrace. The live music is lovely. I got the pork tacos. Very good, although they could use a bit more sauce or something, they were just a tad dry. I got the Hippopotamai-tai. I'm sure I spelled that wrong, but it was very good and I have my nice mug. The price was $21, which I think is about $6 more than when TS first opened.

Thats about all I can think of for now. Weather today was just gorgeous. 80 and no humidity, with a nice breeze.

Had to switch to POR from the Poly today (conference for the rest of the week and won't reimburse a hotel room at that price). So sad to leave!

Those that just arrived, have a great time! I hope someone got my awesome room. Fiji 3315.

You can make your requests when you are making your reservation and the CM will note your preferences, you can do online checkin at the 60-day prior to checkin date, but (in addition to) if you are a Touring Plans subscriber, they will actually send in a fax of your preferences. Just make sure all forms of requests do not negate the other. If you want to forgo the Touring Plans request, so be it, but you can still see the room choices up close and personal (or at least many of them). Go to touring plans.com and go to More, Resorts and hotels, Hotel room views. See what you want to request before requesting. Easy peasy. I have done all three for my last two trips and luckily got what I asked for! Good luck!

I did call back in and add a request to reservation but i didn't know about that option with touring plans. I am a suscriber, so I'll def do that as well. Thanks!!

I'm staying at the Poly in Sept to celebrate my big 40.. and I can't wait.. haven't stayed there since I was a little kid :)

I'm celebrating my 50th at the Poly. Haven't stayed there since 1982!

What a great way to spend your birthdays! Hope you both have great trips and enjoy being back at the Poly :goodvibes.

Arrived today, resort and cm
Are great. Dinner at ohanas was not for us, it has been a few years since we ate there. The current menu was too much with pepper flavor. My ds who loved ohana in the past hated it and would eat nothing.

I'm sorry about your dinner, but glad everything else is great! Hope you have a great stay and enjoy the Poly :wizard:.

Hi all!
We're so excited to have just booked our first stay at the Poly in August! My DP (partner) and I have been coming to WDW in August for the last 9 years, but last fall purchased a home and took a financial hit on our previous home that put us in a place of not really being able to make Disney happen for our 10th anniversary, which was pretty upsetting, but we managed to pull together funding with some creative saving and will be on our way in a little over 3 months. We really consider ourselves Epcot resort people and will be staying the bulk of our trip at our favorite resort, the YC, but are delighted to start our trip with 2 nights at the Poly. We'll be on a *magical* vacation, so we have a SV booked, but they all look so great, I'm not terribly worried. As we get closer, I may have some questions about particular longhouses, but overall, I'm just so excited to be heading to Orlando on the year it "definitely wasn't happening!" I plan to spend the majority of my time at the Poly at Trader Sam's and Pineapple Lani (not necessarily in that order).

Aloha All!

Congrats on your first upcoming Poly stay, you're going to love it! Enjoy the planning :).

We checked in today around 12:30. Our room was ready, although we didn't get the text until after we got to the room. We're in room 1520 in Hawaii. It's perfect. We have a lovely garden view. The man who checked us in at the front desk was lovely. He asked me if it was my daughter's first time. I was thinking no, she's never stayed at the Polynsesian. Of course he meant at Disney, period. So she got a first visit button and a nice coloring book with crayons and some stickers. She was thrilled. I felt to silly to correct him, and she didn't get a first visit button on her actual fist visit, so it all works, right? We haven't done much but hang around the resort, swim in the pools, and head to Disney springs for a little bit.

The important stuff:

1. Both hot tubs are working. There was one kid in the lava pool hot tub who was being a pain and completely unsupervised. Another family was there and I could tell dad thought he was mine. I let him know he wasn't.

2. The bus to Disney Springs was shockingly quick. I've always just gotten a cab or used uber. I was feeling cheap, so took the bus. We waited maybe five minutes and one showed up. We were at DS within half-an-hour.

3. We ate at Trader Sam's terrace. The live music is lovely. I got the pork tacos. Very good, although they could use a bit more sauce or something, they were just a tad dry. I got the Hippopotamai-tai. I'm sure I spelled that wrong, but it was very good and I have my nice mug. The price was $21, which I think is about $6 more than when TS first opened.

Thats about all I can think of for now. Weather today was just gorgeous. 80 and no humidity, with a nice breeze.

Thanks for checking in. Sounds like your trip is off to a great start! Enjoy the Poly and the gorgeous weather :sunny:.

Had to switch to POR from the Poly today (conference for the rest of the week and won't reimburse a hotel room at that price). So sad to leave!

I'm sorry you had to change from the Poly. Hope you can plan another Poly trip soon :).

:confused3

The important stuff:

Hope you ENJOY your trip and fabulous weather!:woohoo: How do you like the Oasis pool? :confused3 TIA!:goodvibes

:confused3 Hope you ENJOY your trip and fabulous weather!:woohoo: How do you like the Oasis pool? :confused3 TIA!:goodvibes

Oasis pool is very nice. The hot tub is quite a bit larger. We have a garden view room in Hawaii and it's beautiful. The fence doesn't bother me at all. Neither pool seemed crowded in the least and there were plenty of lounges and tables available. I think I prefer the oasis to the lava pool. My 4-year-old loves the splash area, but chasing her up and down gets old after a while. I prefer swimming in the pool with her. And it might be all in my head, but every time I've been in a salt-water pool, my skin and eyes feel so much less irritated. So I'd take the oasis over the lava pool. Noise from the pool hasn't been an issue at all at night.

It's the filtration system they use...instead of chlorine with the cartridge, diatomaceous earth or whatever systems usually used...friends of mine use it in their new inground pool...it's just a different filtration/sanitation system. Water was not salty to the taste, but softer and no heavy chlorine smell.

Oasis pool is very nice. The hot tub is quite a bit larger. We have a garden view room in Hawaii and it's beautiful. The fence doesn't bother me at all. Neither pool seemed crowded in the least and there were plenty of lounges and tables available. I think I prefer the oasis to the lava pool. My 4-year-old loves the splash area, but chasing her up and down gets old after a while. I prefer swimming in the pool with her. And it might be all in my head, but every time I've been in a salt-water pool, my skin and eyes feel so much less irritated. So I'd take the oasis over the lava pool. Noise from the pool hasn't been an issue at all at night.
THANKS and enjoy!:thumbsup2 Can't wait to see Oasis!:woohoo:

Hi all!
We're so excited to have just booked our first stay at the Poly in August! My DP (partner) and I have been coming to WDW in August for the last 9 years, but last fall purchased a home and took a financial hit on our previous home that put us in a place of not really being able to make Disney happen for our 10th anniversary, which was pretty upsetting, but we managed to pull together funding with some creative saving and will be on our way in a little over 3 months. We really consider ourselves Epcot resort people and will be staying the bulk of our trip at our favorite resort, the YC, but are delighted to start our trip with 2 nights at the Poly. We'll be on a *magical* vacation, so we have a SV booked, but they all look so great, I'm not terribly worried. As we get closer, I may have some questions about particular longhouses, but overall, I'm just so excited to be heading to Orlando on the year it "definitely wasn't happening!" I plan to spend the majority of my time at the Poly at Trader Sam's and Pineapple Lani (not necessarily in that order).

Aloha All!

Congrads on your planning and savings. Hope you have a wonderful 10 "ears" anniversary! Enjoy.

Thanks for checking in. Glad you're having a great time :goodvibes.

I'm having serious poly withdrawal.

Might be time to start planning another trip :rolleyes1.

we'll be staying at the poly late June to early July, including July 4th. What is it like at the Poly on the 4th? I imagine a lot of folks try to go there to watch the MK fireworks even if they aren't staying at that resort. Is it a situation where you have to stake out a spot on the beach or somewhere else hours prior?

we'll be staying at the poly late June to early July, including July 4th. What is it like at the Poly on the 4th? I imagine a lot of folks try to go there to watch the MK fireworks even if they aren't staying at that resort. Is it a situation where you have to stake out a spot on the beach or somewhere else hours prior?

My understanding from reading the boards is a roped off area is available for club level guests, and the CM's try to keep non-resort guests off the beach that night. No sure how successful they are...

I was there last year for July 4 and they do not close off the beach to non-resort guests. The beach will be packed on July 3 & 4, starting at about 5pm and on. You will need to get a spot on the beach pretty early if you want to have a decent spot on either night. If you're staying CL, you will have a roped off section on July 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter