Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am staying at the Poly in May and have questions re: how to get to the parks in the morning. Specifically, will the ferry from the Polynesian get us to the Magic Kingdom in time for “rope drop” or should we stick with the monorail from the TTC? I know the parks are opening before the advertised hours - will the monorail/ferry/buses be running early enough for us to enter park when they start allowing guests in? Or do you need to drive yourself in order to get there for the actual opening?

Thank you!
You can’t get to park entrance by driving. 🙁

I have been doing gf and Cr Covid times. It’s just easier to walk. However the gf walkway wasn’t opened the 1st few trips. They hold you in a line at mono until they are allowed to load for MK. They will let you on if going to breakfast adr but mono didn’t stop at MK .

For 9a opening they were loading at 8:30 not a minute before. Since there isn’t a stop at poly, right now the resort mono would be the fastest. Many people just automatically take the express monoHowever if you arrive and one line shorter get in that.

This past weekend it was 8a opening and they were allowing guests in the park 7:15. I would be at mono by 7a for those days.

Timing is everything, be flexible. If both monos just left and boat looks like it’s near full , so you won’t wait long, hop on. The most important thing is knowing your options and do what looks best at the time. Dd and I often change our course by observing what’s around us.

There are no stupid questions!

Yes, the Resort Monorail still makes all the normal stops, just not Poly. So, TTC-GF-MK-CR-TTC.

Of course if you’re at the TTC you could always opt to take the Express Monorail line which just goes from TTC (through CR but no stopping) to MK.

Hope that helps.
from a WDW newbie (going for the first time to Poly in June) this may be the most helpful post I've ever read here!

are non-dvc rooms able to be booked for fall? i put in my dates but all i'm getting are the dvc rooms.
It might help to know when you are going in the fall?

The 50th starts on Oct. 1 so Oct. will be very busy. Also the booking engine does not like to leave empty rooms (orphans) over Friday & Saturday nights. Try moving your dates by a day or to or add a day.

Dave

It might help to know when you are going in the fall?

The 50th starts on Oct. 1 so Oct. will be very busy. Also the booking engine does not like to leave empty rooms (orphans) over Friday & Saturday nights. Try moving your dates by a day or to or add a day.

Dave

ok, i'll try that! the dates we put in are nov 12-14 (fri-sun). we're booked at CSR at the tower, but i love poly so i thought i'd try. it's in the middle of a long trip for us, so i'll try to play around with the dates! thanks!

ok, i'll try that! the dates we put in are nov 12-14 (fri-sun). we're booked at CSR at the tower, but i love poly so i thought i'd try. it's in the middle of a long trip for us, so i'll try to play around with the dates! thanks!

Given that that is Veteran's Day weekend, it's likely to be busy, so not surprising it's booked up.

Given that that is Veteran's Day weekend, it's likely to be busy, so not surprising it's booked up.

that's what i was thinking as well, but i was able to book for the days we wanted yesterday! thinking maybe it was just a little glitchy when i was booking initially.

Im having this kinda weird thing happen 🤷🏻‍♀️ Ive been searching lake view studio for months on disney site. I did book through dvc points. But i was curious to see the price difference between lake view & standard view on Disneys site, and NO MATTER WHAT dates i put in, random dates all over the place through 2022,i NEVER see a lake view room available??

Im having this kinda weird thing happen 🤷🏻‍♀️ Ive been searching lake view studio for months on disney site. I did book through dvc points. But i was curious to see the price difference between lake view & standard view on Disneys site, and NO MATTER WHAT dates i put in, random dates all over the place through 2022,i NEVER see a lake view room available??
I am always on the site looking for a maybe trip. I have NEVER seen the lake view pop up. I do sometimes see the bungalow.

I think they have so few they are all booked by DVC members.

davids dvc does show point prices converted to $ if you want to try that.

Sorry if this has been asked recently: are the resort boats (to get to CR, for example) currently running? If not, have they said when they will return to service? Thanks!

As @mrsap said the GF poly MK boat is running. Currently the boat dock at CR is closed. You can get to Cr via monorail. Or if leaving MK walk over.

thanks! I suppose this is more of a CR question, but do you know if they will let me park at CR if I’m picking up a mobile order at The Wave?

If not, I can walk to ttc and monorail there and back. But I’m trying to figure out a way to get food to room (bungalow). Trip isn’t until mid-May, maybe there will be changes between now and then (resort to resort boats would be awesome if they restarted by then).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter