Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks! I suppose this is more of a CR question, but do you know if they will let me park at CR if I’m picking up a mobile order at The Wave?

If not, I can walk to ttc and monorail there and back. But I’m trying to figure out a way to get food to room (bungalow). Trip isn’t until mid-May, maybe there will be changes between now and then (resort to resort boats would be awesome if they restarted by then).
They let in rideshare (we have used it several times during Covid). If lot is full they may refuse you. However if you have app open and show it I doubt they would deny you.
There isn’t a boat from mono resorts to Cr. The Cr boat was to WL and FW.

The mono is actually pretty quick. I have taken QS food on it this year. The security guards are fine with it. Fyi

thanks! I suppose this is more of a CR question, but do you know if they will let me park at CR if I’m picking up a mobile order at The Wave?

They may or may not. A couple of friends have been turned away from different resorts even with a mobile order (Poly, Contemporary, Yacht Club - so all resorts within walking distance of a park (yes, Poly is in walking distance using the path to the GF and then the GF-MK path) so they seem to be cracking down), even after having clicked "I'm here, make my order." So I wouldn't count on it.

Best bet would be if leaving MK to walk over, then on the way back take the monorail to TTC. Or it it's before/after monorail hours, take the resort circle bus so you don't get stuck charged for an order you can't get.

I have been reading other resort pool questions during Covid and recent experiences. I have stayed at YC, GF, CR Poly.
Last week on a 90 day there wasn’t anyone checking at poly . I sat in the oasis pool for an hour and never saw a single CM.
Then dd got off her work call and we went to lava pool. They did have lifeguards at the pool but no one was cleaning the chairs like at gf. Also no one manned the gate.

I guess they assume with resort side closed they ok?

Just mentioning it for anyone arriving soon. As always things are always changes so knows, but that was last week.

Did you ever have a chance to see the Koi fish in the ponds right at the entrance to the GCH?

We could also see them from the Monorail deck. I don't recall what year they were removed.

Dave

I know the front of the GCH probably needed work, but I’ll be really sad to see the old one go. It was so peaceful and pretty with the water and the landscaping. I hope they bring the water back but I didn’t see it in the concept art. :(

I only saw a distance picture of the concept art. Nothing up close or inside to even tell what the details are! I'm impressed you could see that from the drawing! (Unless there is something besides the distance view floating around out there.)

When room (AP and FL res) discounts drop for August/ September so you think they will exclude Poly?

Apologies if this has been covered on this thread or elsewhere -- are there estimates for when construction will be completed? Either Disney-announced or speculative, based on progress thus far? thanks!

Did you ever have a chance to see the Koi fish in the ponds right at the entrance to the GCH?

We could also see them from the Monorail deck. I don't recall what year they were removed.

Dave

Sadly no. We didn’t hang out a lot at the MK area resorts when I was a kid and they were gone by the time I started going as an adult.

When room (AP and FL res) discounts drop for August/ September so you think they will exclude Poly?
Good question. For the past so many years GF has had the largest discount. CR would only be much less. Sometimes Poly would be the same as gf or sometimes in between. My guess is if a discount it will be on the lower end.

A lot depends on if the resorts are full or if they need to fill rooms. Wait n see I guess.

We are arriving in a couple weeks. Our flight is early (Arriving 9am) presuming our room won’t be ready where is bell services to drop our bags - still at GCH or is it in Pago?

Can anyone confirm guests do not need to wear masks while lounging in the cabana at the Oasis pool?
Yes we can confirm that you don't need to wear a mask while lounging at the Oasis pool. or while swimming. There are no cabanas but 3 covered patios.

They do request you are a mask when revving the pool deck to go to the restroom or exit the pool area.

Dave

We are arriving in a couple weeks. Our flight is early (Arriving 9am) presuming our room won’t be ready where is bell services to drop our bags - still at GCH or is it in Pago?
Still at Pago Pago due to the construction at the front of the GCH that is still progressing.

Dave

Pago. There are signs directing you there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter