Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got lucky "Blueskies" from the gf thread was at poly CL last November and we had a blast! Then circusgirl (has great photos) was at WL cl with me in January. There are a few people that have similar dates as me this summer so I am hoping for another dis meet.

So did you plan to meet up when you read each other's dates? Because there's a thread that's posting that very thing!

I am planning March 2016 and can't decide on whether I should do a dvc studio or regular room?!? three kids ages 3, 7, 8 at trip time….we stayed at the poly before refurb and loved it so excited to return!

Will an extra bathroom help speed things up in the mornings? I know I chose the villa for that very reason...but I have a DD 12, DS 15 and 17! :dance3: Oh! We need bathrooms! And I like the kitchenette because last year we ate most of our breakfasts in our regular room at the GF. So the kitchenette is another bonus for us. :yay:

How close are the garden view rooms in Hawaii to the East pool. Do you think the noise and view will be overwhelming. Does anyone know when the refurbishment will take place and for how long approximately?

If you are paying rack rate I would do dvc because of the 2nd bathing space and kitchenette. However if you can get a discount than the regular poly rooms would be 20-35% lower, depending on which you use.

As far as I know the old Tokelau building is going to be the 1 br villas and renamed. I was on a dvc resale site today and they were not yet showing. (the studio and bungalow rooms were listed)

I loved that building as well and since a 1br fills my families needs at times I hope to get to try it someday. It has a nice central location:flower1:

Actually, I just listened to the Dis Unplugged last night. Tokelau will only have studios. No 1 br villas for the Poly, however, 2 studios can be linked.

And I agree with you that the studio vs reg room should be based on rack rate or not. I was fortunate to have a 40% discount so I had no problem deciding @princessap

How close are the garden view rooms in Hawaii to the East pool. Do you think the noise and view will be overwhelming. Does anyone know when the refurbishment will take place and for how long approximately?

I just got my email today (for our August stay) saying that it would be closed mid-April 2015 to early 2016.

@@maiapapaya and @Mousemom I am a fellow Canadian as well :)

@maiapapaya @princessap @Sue M
Hello my Canadian Dis friends! :wave2: I currently live in a small town a few hours north of Toronto. Would be nice to connect at the Poly sometime! Have you posted your dates on the Date thread?

(Pssstttt.... How in the world are we even affording Disney vacations with the Canadian dollar now?! Oy!!!) :scratchin ;)

Hello my Canadian Dis friends! :wave2: I currently live in a small town a few hours north of Toronto. Would be nice to connect at the Poly sometime! Have you posted your dates on the Date thread?

(Pssstttt.... How in the world are we even affording Disney vacations with the Canadian dollar now?! Oy!!!) :scratchin ;)

The Canadian dollar is exactly why we aren't looking at DVC right now. It's crazy! :headache:

I haven't posted our dates yet since our current plans aren't to go until March break next year. :sad:

If you are going to be bothered by the constructions, i suggest you wait a little while longer because the "bob the builders" are everywhere. You want a garden view? Forget about it. You will see the construction workers digging for lost treasures. And if you walk around the grounds you will see canvas screens and makes you wonder if you are in Area 51in Nevada. You think parking lot view is any better? Ha! Bob Villas dumpsters are there. But if these things don't bother you, Go for it. I had a great time there.

Yes, I have posted our dates! CAD is awful! So only doing TS 50% of the time, instead of daily. And severely cutting into suvie budget, oy is right :sad2:

Yep, we live right on the edge of Lake Huron in ON. Every Canada Day our town sets off the fireworks over the lake and we sit on our beach and pretend we're watching wishes from the Poly! We've even been known to play "When You Wish Upon a Star" on one of our phones! (total Disney nerds) Where are you from MouseMum?
Many times when our kids were younger and still rode in a wagon we would do the Canada Day parade around the Square in the morning, and then sit at the top of the hill at Lighthouse Park in the evening watching the same fireworks as you I believe.:)

Actually, I just listened to the Dis Unplugged last night. Tokelau will only have studios. No 1 br villas for the Poly, however, 2 studios can be linked.

And I agree with you that the studio vs reg room should be based on rack rate or not. I was fortunate to have a 40% discount so I had no problem deciding @princessap
Oh hadn't heard that they dropped the 1 br option. Guess we will keep staying at BLT and VGF. The price of 2studuos is $$$$$ whereas a 1 br is more reasonable. I can even get a 2 br for the price of 2 studios and you get a king bed 2q's and sleeps 9. The laundry and living space are gteat for stretching out too.

Well at least I can still stay at poly for mom n me trips. For a family with older kids the studios just don't cut it. The bungalow costs more than a 3br grand villa so even though I always wanted to try it I am thinking probably not.

Then again maybe some day just one night tacked on, a girl can dream right??:cloud9:

What are the best buildings for decent standard view rooms that will be away from the E. pool construction? More interested in just what building the best views are for the standard view rooms.

thanks!

Oh hadn't heard that they dropped the 1 br option. Guess we will keep staying at BLT and VGF. The price of 2studuos is $$$$$ whereas a 1 br is more reasonable. I can even get a 2 br for the price of 2 studios and you get a king bed 2q's and sleeps 9. The laundry and living space are gteat for stretching out too.

Well at least I can still stay at poly for mom n me trips. For a family with older kids the studios just don't cut it. The bungalow costs more than a 3br grand villa so even though I always wanted to try it I am thinking probably not.

Then again maybe some day just one night tacked on, a girl can dream right??:cloud9:
No way I'll be staying in a bungalow either for $2500/night, yikes. But I'm dreaming of pixie dust too, lol. Sad our fav longhouse is now DVC. Tokelau. Even with just 2, my daughter & me trips, she doesn't want to be stuck on a pull out 2 weeks. So DVC studios are out for us to rent points.

What are the best buildings for decent standard view rooms that will be away from the E. pool construction? More interested in just what building the best views are for the standard view rooms.

thanks!
Have a look at resort map. Anything on west side of resort would be away from construction. But everyone is requesting that, so I don't know how much luck we'll have. I don't think there are any bad views at Poly. Tikiman has a great website and lists all the pros & cons of each longhouse.

No way I'll be staying in a bungalow either for $2500/night, yikes. But I'm dreaming of pixie dust too, lol. Sad our fav longhouse is now DVC. Tokelau. Even with just 2, my daughter & me trips, she doesn't want to be stuck on a pull out 2 weeks. So DVC studios are out for us to rent points.

Our girls, right?

The dvc studio isn't an option for that reason! Also dh is a KING guy. It's vacation, you want to be comfortable.

Did you notice the bungalo only has 2 beds ??? One of my kids would be on a sleeper at $2500 a night.

Aloha friends! Have a good planning day I hope!

Us too!!! Where abouts are you??

I can't decide between studio or regular room still!! The studio would have to be booked soon but I don't like that I can't cancel if I rent points?!

The Canadian dollar is exactly why we aren't looking at DVC right now. It's crazy! :headache:

I haven't posted our dates yet since our current plans aren't to go until March break next year. :sad:

That's when we are heading back too. Doesn't it seem soooo far away!!

Thanks for the pics WDWKOOK! For someone that asked about the tiki torches still being lit, yes they were all still lit last month. Walked Poly to GF a few times at night, still as beautiful as ever!

That was me! Yay!!!! :yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter