Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Was just there weekend of Jan 20th. There was a scaffolding around some buildings as they worked. But unless I was looking out from my balcony, it wasn't noticeable walking the grounds or enjoying the pools. We had the best time and the RS studio room we had was incredible. The building was beautiful and the stay was perfect. Didn't use the walkway but the monorail service was quick and on time throughout our stay.

IMG_0220 (1).jpg

We just returned from a 10 night trip to WDW staying at POFQ. We visited Gaspie's for dinner and fireworks one night and had to walk through the crazy construction zone from the boat dock. Needless to say, we took the monorail back to MK. Between the construction walls and the closed 1900PF and Narcoossees, we are happy that we chose POFQ this trip. Not sure how they can justify the current room price with it's current state.

Was planning a trip to the Grand in April to just relax by the pool. But some reports say with the construction noise it is not relaxing at all. Has anyone experienced it? They also report noise in RPC.

Was just there weekend of Jan 20th. There was a scaffolding around some buildings as they worked. But unless I was looking out from my balcony, it wasn't noticeable walking the grounds or enjoying the pools. We had the best time and the RS studio room we had was incredible. The building was beautiful and the stay was perfect. Didn't use the walkway but the monorail service was quick and on time throughout our stay.
This is a really nice room! What is an RS studio room?

I received an email about construction during my stay that others on here have reported about.

Magical. Are there any updates on the Tea at the Grand Floridan? It had been a tradition for the ladies in our family prior to Covid. Do you think it will come back or will everyone be shifting to the Cake Bake Shop on the Boardwalk?

Wonderful. Has there been any update on the Tea at the Grand Floridan? It was a family tradition for the ladies in our family prior to Covid. We have seen updates on the Cake Bake Shop at the Boadwalk and were wondering if this is will be our tea option going forward?

Thanks

Wonderful. Has there been any update on the Tea at the Grand Floridan? It was a family tradition for the ladies in our family prior to Covid. We have seen updates on the Cake Bake Shop at the Boadwalk and were wondering if this is will be our tea option going forward?

Thanks
They'll be starting main lobby renovations soon and I'm guessing they're going to include the tea room & 1900 Park Fare.
Like I said that is just a guess so hopefully someone who will be staying soon can get you some better info

Any idea when work is going to start on the lobby

has most the cash resort rooms been done, as in the non DVC part

The walkway being closed is a deal breaker for me. I was going to put up with the construction since we were only staying one night before moving to the YC. Switched to CR Tower Club. Never stayed there before and am looking forward to trying something new.
We were at the Contemporary on Wednesday and the main pool is closed for refurbishment. I would hate to be staying at CR right now because they are using jack hammers to break up the walls inside the pool. We stayed at the WL once when they were doing the same kind of work and the jack hammers are very loud.

We were at the Contemporary on Wednesday and the main pool is closed for refurbishment. I would hate to be staying at CR right now because they are using jack hammers to break up the walls inside the pool. We stayed at the WL once when they were doing the same kind of work and the jack hammers are very loud.
No pool would my deal breaker, I’m a big fan of the mid day break.

Guests Forced to Walk Through Construction Site to Reach Boat Launch at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort

View attachment 737035
grand floridian feb 1 2023 construction 9511

grand floridian feb 1 2023 construction 9506

grand floridian feb 1 2023 construction 9507

The walkway beyond the pool entrance is blocked off.

grand floridian feb 1 2023 construction 9509

grand floridian feb 1 2023 construction 9513

grand floridian feb 1 2023 construction 9514

Around the corner from Narcoossee’s, guests walking to the boat launch enter a section lined with green temporary fencing.

grand floridian feb 1 2023 construction 9533

Behind the fencing is more construction materials, sitting in a stretch of dirt.

grand floridian feb 1 2023 construction 9534

grand floridian feb 1 2023 construction 9559
grand floridian feb 1 2023 construction 9557

grand floridian feb 1 2023 construction 9535
Switching resorts for Memorial Day weekend , wow

Any idea when work is going to start on the lobby

has most the cash resort rooms been done, as in the non DVC part
Last I read they were finishing up Conch Key and starting Sugar Loaf leaving Sago & the CL rooms in the Main Building
to be done in I'm guessing April/May. I do know RPC CL is not bookable for the end of May(I was looking into a trip for my b-day) and nothing was available . @mrsap or someone who has been recently might have better knowledge

What did it look like they were doing to the pool? Is it a major overhaul? Sorry that you were inconvenienced with the noise.

What did it look like they were doing to the pool? Is it a major overhaul? Sorry that you were inconvenienced with the noise.
It looked like they were removing the pool tiles from the pool walls. The pool was full of crushed tiles and other debris. They look like they will be installing new tiles in the pool. This will take a while to finish.

We were at the CR for dinner at Steakhouse 71 and we’re walking around the resort. We weren’t staying there. :)

It looked like they were removing the pool tiles from the pool walls. The pool was full of crushed tiles and other debris. They look like they will be installing new tiles in the pool. This will take a while to finish.

We were at the CR for dinner at Steakhouse 71 and we’re walking around the resort. We weren’t staying there. :)

I was hoping for a whole redesign of the pool, but it sounds more like refinishing, resurfacing, retiling sort of thing. It is supposed to be done in early April. Guess we’ll see.

Hope you had a nice dinner at steakhouse 71

Long time Yacht Club/Beach Club/Poly family with our first stay at GF resort studios in August and wondering if there is a soda dispenser like at Hurricane Hannahs's at Stormalong Bay at either pool at the GF or if Gasparilla's is the only place for soda/seltzer option? Looking forward to those new rooms. Thanks.

Long time Yacht Club/Beach Club/Poly family with our first stay at GF resort studios in August and wondering if there is a soda dispenser like at Hurricane Hannahs's at Stormalong Bay at either pool at the GF or if Gasparilla's is the only place for soda/seltzer option? Looking forward to those new rooms. Thanks.
There is a beverage dispenser at the Beach Pool Bar next to the villa pool. It is similar to Hurricane Hanna, but not as big. :)

If staying at VGF, do you check in there or the main building (assuming did not do online)? Are there bellmen and/or valet at VGF? We will arrive at dinnertime if that makes a difference

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!