Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
When looking at the bus times in the app, does it list bus times per stop or is the anticipated time the time the bus is expected at the first stop?

Has anyone seen an actual room as Gran Destino? From the photos it looks like the bathroom is not separated like it is in the other moderate rooms, only allowing for one person to get ready at a time.......... can anyone confirm?
Tower+Bathroom.png

Has anyone seen an actual room as Gran Destino? From the photos it looks like the bathroom is not separated like it is in the other moderate rooms, only allowing for one person to get ready at a time.......... can anyone confirm?
Tower+Bathroom.png

I am interested to know also. A no-privacy shower is a no-go (not-ever, no-how) for me. From the pics I've seen, it isn't clear (pun happens to work) what separates the bathroom from the rest of the room.

Last edited:

I'm a little confused on the refurb and tower construction.
Is it over now? Or is it ongoing?

I've seen some places say that it was supposed to end in March, but on the WDW website it still says "Pardon our Pixie Dust" and that renovations are still happening.
Can someone let me know if the construction is over? And if not, if there has been updated info on when it is expected to finish?

Thanks so much!!!!

I've seen some places say that it was supposed to end in March, but on the WDW website it still says "Pardon our Pixie Dust" and that renovations are still happening.
Can someone let me know if the construction is over? And if not, if there has been updated info on when it is expected to finish?

Thanks so much!!!!

Still ongoing but in final stages.

https://wdwnt.com/2019/04/photos-co...-23-19-gran-destino-tower-villa-del-lago-etc/

Thanks so much!!!!

The room renovations are complete. The tower and new restaurant in the middle of the lake are supposed to open in July, so they're still being finished up.

Just back from a 5 night stay. We were with our team for a cheer competition and were housed in Cabanas 8B (room 8220) which are Standard rooms. Two Queen beds, double vanity, shower and bath tub. Overall, the room was comfortable and spacious, lots of storage space, including under the bed storage space for luggage which was great. The location for us was great as it was an easy walk to the Dig Site pool, as well as the quiet pool in the Ranchos area. It was a 7 minute walk to the main lobby. Bus Stop #4 was right behind our building so easy to hop on and off the bus if we did not need to stop in the lobby first. Cast members were friendly and helpful. Housekeeping was less than stellar. I would rate as a 4 out of 10. The first full day they did not come. The second day they came around 5:30 pm and only made beds but did not empty trash or take away used towels. They were responsive when I called for them to come do that and apologized. The third day they came around 6 pm while we were trying to get ready for dinner so I just declined.

The pool bar was good. Had a Fiestas Margarita which was delicious (frozen tri-colored). DD got a chicken Caesar salad that was pre-made and just OK. Her friend got a cheeseburger which looked much better. Chicken tenders were yummy. Bar tenders were very friendly- much friendlier than the food people. The food at El Mercado was average - like any quick food you might get at a museum or when out and about. They were able to make DD a grilled cheese on the grill which was yummy. Maya Grill was good but $$$. $70 for one adult entree and one child's meal, plus an appetizer. No drinks. Rix Sports Bar and Grill was good- I had a the Rix salad with shrimp and it was fresh and delicious. Very friendly service there. And finally, Cafe Rix was great for quick coffee and muffin on the way out in the mornings. Their chocolate chip cookies and gelato were delicious, and my DD enjoyed a tropical smoothie from there one afternoon.

I enjoyed the grounds of the hotel- I liked the lake and the paths and did not find the resort as huge and spread out as people discuss. That being said, I love walking and do not have little ones who might not be easily able to walk for long periods of time.

Overall, I would definitely stay there again. It was my first "moderate" stay (have done BC, AKL and GF) and I found it very comfortable. The main negative was those awful Love Bugs all over the resort (and the parks). They are EVERYWHERE. I do not mind bugs, but if you don't like bugs, do not go to Orlando in MAY. They literally swarm around you, land on you, end up in your room, stuck all over the bottoms of your shoes...a few somehow came home with me in my suitcase, LOL.

So curious to know what Club entails in the tower! Any ideas?

I am super curious myself. I have CL room booked in the new tower for the first weekend in August. So excited! But there just isn't much info out there. Even the Disney Parks Blog doesn't have details. You can view the artist renderings on a few sites. I do a google search every few days to look for more detailed info but usually just come up with the same drawings or old "business class" club info. I guess I will find out soon enough but this will be my first time staying somewhere without having read a ton of reviews, because there won't be any until mid-July!

We got a great deal for our trip in August- about $200/night with the summer offer (tower room). If there are club rooms available when we get there, would the price difference be even larger for the club room since we got such a great deal if we wanted to upgrade? I hope that makes sense.

We got a great deal for our trip in August- about $200/night with the summer offer (tower room). If there are club rooms available when we get there, would the price difference be even larger for the club room since we got such a great deal if we wanted to upgrade? I hope that makes sense.

If you upgrade once you arrive, then yes, they will more than likely charge rack rate.

But keep checking room inventory (especially about 30 days out). Once the conventions release their holds, sometimes those rooms will go into the discount pool.

This will be our first time at CSR and our first time pulling off a split stay due to horrible choices for flight times. We are staying one night at pop and transferring to CSR tower (2 rooms 6 ppl) 9 nights we are using ME

My thoughts were to pack swimsuits in carryons let the kids (3, 9,13) swim at pop and just hang out let mom & dad recoup from stress of first time flying with our high strung 3 year old lol I have always been curious about the pop/ values so figured this was a great opportunity to get a feel for what they are really like.

Not sure what to do - *give pop our luggage and they will transfer it over no issues, which would be great right.... but then it dawned on me I have to check in at CSR tower before we go to MK duh! For our tickets to work. Thinking I should take a tax with all our luggage to CSR check in and hav3 them hold our luggage until the room is ready. ( FYI I don’t pack light I with probably have 6 suitcases)

I have a 10:20 reservation at crystal palace on our check in day.( our plan is to stay the day at MK) What would be your plan of attack with your luggage if you were in my shoes.....

Help please ..... what would you do?

Anyone here yet what the square footage of the tower rooms are yet?

We are doing a similar thing in October, but CSR is our first night before heading to GF. We plan to get up early on our first morning, drop all luggage with Bell Services at CSR to have it transferred to GF, then hop on a bus to Magic Kingdom. We will spend the day at Magic Kingdom, then go to GF that evening. Our tickets start on that first day.

We did this last year going from Yacht Club to CBR. A word of advice though, when we did it last year, we dropped luggage around 8:00am. We took a break during the day at Animal Kingdom to go to CBR and get settled, but our bags weren't there yet (around 4:00). They didn't show up until after 5:30pm. It wasn't a huge deal, but by the time we finally got the bags and got settled, we ended up not going back to the park and went to Disney Springs instead. Not a huge deal, but just wanted to give you a heads up. You will have to collect your luggage at Bell Services (or pay $6 delivery fee to your room).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter