Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if they still have Krispy Kreme donuts at Cafe Rix? Because if they do... I don't know if I'll be able to handle my excitement.

Yes, they do. DD commented that those are Krispy Kreme donuts. Some small glazed, glaze filled, and chocolate frosted filled.

I will be 5 months pregnant at the time of our trip. We booked a standard room as that what was all that was available with 2 beds at the time. If better rooms don't pop up where should I try to request? Of course I would like to be close to main building and a bus stop as we will also have my 9 month son (crazy I know). Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi All :wave2:

This is my first post to the message boards - I only discovered them fairly recently, and I have to say I am totally impressed with the amount of information that I'm finding; I look forward to picking your brains for recommendations as I'm sure I will have many questions in the coming months.
When our sons were young, we would frequent WDW once every year or so. Then they went and grew up on us (now 25 and 28) and we haven't been back since hubby's 50th (and Mickey's too!) in 2005, and now his 60th is next year and it's time for another trip!
Last time we stayed at POR - and this time we're looking at CSR. We will be a group of about 12 - probably 5-6 rooms. I see from reading that most folks prefer certain buildings over the others; proximity to main buildings etc. We are planning to reserve standard rooms, and there aren't any children, so being on top of everything is not necessary - yet we don't want to be so far away from it all that we feel we're not even on the property (POR - horrible TA - story for another day!) :sad2:
I printed a map of the property to get an idea - are the standard rooms kept in one vicinity, or are they spread out between the sections? Is there a section that you wouldn't recommend?

Thanks in advance :)
Vicki

Hi All :wave2:

This is my first post to the message boards - I only discovered them fairly recently, and I have to say I am totally impressed with the amount of information that I'm finding; I look forward to picking your brains for recommendations as I'm sure I will have many questions in the coming months.
When our sons were young, we would frequent WDW once every year or so. Then they went and grew up on us (now 25 and 28) and we haven't been back since hubby's 50th (and Mickey's too!) in 2005, and now his 60th is next year and it's time for another trip!
Last time we stayed at POR - and this time we're looking at CSR. We will be a group of about 12 - probably 5-6 rooms. I see from reading that most folks prefer certain buildings over the others; proximity to main buildings etc. We are planning to reserve standard rooms, and there aren't any children, so being on top of everything is not necessary - yet we don't want to be so far away from it all that we feel we're not even on the property (POR - horrible TA - story for another day!) :sad2:
I printed a map of the property to get an idea - are the standard rooms kept in one vicinity, or are they spread out between the sections? Is there a section that you wouldn't recommend?

Thanks in advance :)
Vicki

There are standard rooms in all buildings except Casitas 1-3 (preferred rooms) and Cabanas 9B (Business Class rooms). They will be the rooms on the parking lot side of the remaining buildings.

Hey guys...

Wow, this is one long thread. I hate to ask something I'm sure has already been answered, but I am humbly begging your pardons and asking:

We have three reservations for our trip in October. We have one night up front that wasn't covered under free dining (pain in the boot-ay) that we have a room only res in a Preferred King. The bulk of our trip with free dining is under just King, and the last day we tacked on late and couldn't get free dining (again with the boot-ay) so it's a room-only at a King - Preferred.

Couple of questions.

1) What do you think the likelihood is of us being bumped to a preferred so we don't have to switch rooms? (Our TA did request it.)

2) What exactly does a preferred room mean?

3) If given the option, what should I ask for? We do not have kids so we aren't going to be using the pools daily, and even if we were, we don't care about the Dig Site pool that much. It's more important to us to be near the food area and transportation.

Thanks everyone... can't wait, first time to CSR. So excited! :yay:

Hey guys...

Wow, this is one long thread. I hate to ask something I'm sure has already been answered, but I am humbly begging your pardons and asking:

We have three reservations for our trip in October. We have one night up front that wasn't covered under free dining (pain in the boot-ay) that we have a room only res in a Preferred King. The bulk of our trip with free dining is under just King, and the last day we tacked on late and couldn't get free dining (again with the boot-ay) so it's a room-only at a King - Preferred.

Couple of questions.

1) What do you think the likelihood is of us being bumped to a preferred so we don't have to switch rooms? (Our TA did request it.)

2) What exactly does a preferred room mean?

3) If given the option, what should I ask for? We do not have kids so we aren't going to be using the pools daily, and even if we were, we don't care about the Dig Site pool that much. It's more important to us to be near the food area and transportation.

Thanks everyone... can't wait, first time to CSR. So excited! :yay:

1) Hard to say. Alot will depend on how full the resort and Preferred category are.

2) Preferred means you will get a room in buildings Casitas 1-3 which are close to the lobby and food court.

3) Given your criteria I would request building Casitas 4. It is the closest non-preferred building to the food court. It also has the Fitness Center, Spa, Salon, sauna, and laundry in that building. Outside the Fitness center is a large quiet pool. It can be used as a lap pool, but more importantly it is about 2-3 times the size of the other quiet pools. It has tons of lounging area. We had great 14 night stay in that building in 2011 and we never went to the Digsite pool, we just used that quiet pool. The final perk of that building is it is right beside bus stop 2 which is the first pick-up for the parks and considered the best bustop at CSR. It is on the opposite side from the Digsite, but you said that didn't matter.

We always book a Business Class room now since they created those, but before that Casitas 4 was our favorite building. We have stayed in all 3 areas of CSR.

This is a fantastic thread! Less than three months until I'm back at WDW - it will be my first time staying at Coronado (I've always stayed at the All Stars previously)

1) Hard to say. Alot will depend on how full the resort and Preferred category are.

2) Preferred means you will get a room in buildings Casitas 1-3 which are close to the lobby and food court.

3) Given your criteria I would request building Casitas 4. It is the closest non-preferred building to the food court. It also has the Fitness Center, Spa, Salon, sauna, and laundry in that building. Outside the Fitness center is a large quiet pool. It can be used as a lap pool, but more importantly it is about 2-3 times the size of the other quiet pools. It has tons of lounging area. We had great 14 night stay in that building in 2011 and we never went to the Digsite pool, we just used that quiet pool. The final perk of that building is it is right beside bus stop 2 which is the first pick-up for the parks and considered the best bustop at CSR.

We always book a Business Class room now since they created those, but before that Casitas 4 was our favorite building. We have stayed in all 3 areas of CSR.

You rock, Sask... thank you so much!

You rock, Sask... thank you so much!

Your welcome! :thumbsup2

I updated my post to include that Casitas 4 is on the opposite end of the resort from the Digsite, but given your criteria and other info I mentioned that shouldn't matter.

I've been into Greek yogurt lately and was curious what kind of yogurt and brand they offer in the lounge at business class. Thanks!

1st time staying at CSR...Checking in Nov 1st!!:cool1:

Questions is.......For those that have been to this resort before what our the odds of our room being ready when we arrive in the morning?:confused3

We have a super early flight that gets us to Orlando by 9:15 am so I figure we will be checking in at the resort by 10:30 am if all goes smoothly which it usually does with Southwest.:thumbsup2

We have a preferred room booked with the FD and I know the resort will probably be full.

Would be nice if our room was ready, but if not I figure we can head to Downtown Disney for lunch and some shopping...:rolleyes1 Hoping they have some "Frozen Ornaments" out by Nov in the Christmas store so I could go buy those...;)

Just wondering if others had luck with the room being ready that early?

I have always had great luck with our Studio being ready early at AKV in the past..Coming off the Disney Cruise they get you to the resort super early.:goodvibes

Another question... if I check in online, will I still have an opportunity when I get there to ask to stay in a preferred room the whole trip so we don't have to move rooms? Or would it be better for me to wait until we get there to have that conversation?

Another question... if I check in online, will I still have an opportunity when I get there to ask to stay in a preferred room the whole trip so we don't have to move rooms? Or would it be better for me to wait until we get there to have that conversation?

You can still ask. It just creates a little work that has already been done with the initial room assigments.

The only time we did online check-in was last trip because we were booked into Business Class which guarantees a room in Cabanas 9B. Other trips I've done regular check-in so I can "negotiate" room assignment. ;)

I don't know for sure whether doing online check-in would have made that harder or not. The front desk staff at CSR have always been great to deal with for us.

I would see if you can let them know in advance that your one night reservation is followed by a package. Maybe a fax or call.

I know they tend to assign rooms in advance so that may make it easier for them.

1st time staying at CSR...Checking in Nov 1st!!:cool1:

Questions is.......For those that have been to this resort before what our the odds of our room being ready when we arrive in the morning?:confused3

We have a super early flight that gets us to Orlando by 9:15 am so I figure we will be checking in at the resort by 10:30 am if all goes smoothly which it usually does with Southwest.:thumbsup2

We have a preferred room booked with the FD and I know the resort will probably be full.

Would be nice if our room was ready, but if not I figure we can head to Downtown Disney for lunch and some shopping...:rolleyes1 Hoping they have some "Frozen Ornaments" out by Nov in the Christmas store so I could go buy those...;)

Just wondering if others had luck with the room being ready that early?

I have always had great luck with our Studio being ready early at AKV in the past..Coming off the Disney Cruise they get you to the resort super early.:goodvibes

We checked in at 9:30 last September and our room was ready.
I actually asked the CM to repeat herself because I didn't believe it lol. She laughed at me and assured me our room was ready. We checked in on a Monday and no conventions were happening but FD was going on. So I would do online check in and hope for the best :thumbsup2

I would see if you can let them know in advance that your one night reservation is followed by a package. Maybe a fax or call.

I know they tend to assign rooms in advance so that may make it easier for them.

I may try to call. My TA assured me that she did note it. I would love to be upgraded to the preferred room for the entire stay, but if that's not possible, then I'm happy to take a standard King to just avoid having to switch.

Does anyone know the condition of the laundry rooms recently? Are the machines in good repair and not rusty? We are staying longer this trip, so I either ship more clothes or have to do laundry!

Does anyone know the condition of the laundry rooms recently? Are the machines in good repair and not rusty? We are staying longer this trip, so I either ship more clothes or have to do laundry!

We are usually there for 2 weeks, so we do laundry once or twice. I don't haven any complaints, other than some of the dryers work better than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest