Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

Booked a trip to CSR for November 2022, this will be our second time staying here; our first was December 2019. It will be our third Mother/Daughter trip! We are currently booked standard view, as we had a great experience getting a room in Casitas building 4, right near the first bus stop in 2019 however, we are debating switching/upgrading to Gran Destino Tower but are unsure if it's worth the difference in price.

Does GDT have their own bus system? I remember at some point they were testing it out. Our main concern is if we switch to GDT, we will be last on the bus for the parks and may not get a seat.

Additionally, do you think the quality is higher at GDT versus the standard resort rooms?

TYIA!

Hi!

Booked a trip to CSR for November 2022, this will be our second time staying here; our first was December 2019. It will be our third Mother/Daughter trip! We are currently booked standard view, as we had a great experience getting a room in Casitas building 4, right near the first bus stop in 2019 however, we are debating switching/upgrading to Gran Destino Tower but are unsure if it's worth the difference in price.

Does GDT have their own bus system? I remember at some point they were testing it out. Our main concern is if we switch to GDT, we will be last on the bus for the parks and may not get a seat.

Additionally, do you think the quality is higher at GDT versus the standard resort rooms?

TYIA!

Haven't stayed yet, but Tower is last for pick up. Reviews during pandemic were that sometimes people had to wait for next bus due to distancing, but outside of one review I read on these boards, that problem seems to have been resolved now there is no more distancing.

You can always walk to the first bus stop on the route if you are in a rush.

Personally, I think being in the Tower is an upgrade just due to the indoor hallways alone! That and the fact it's still new and it's stunning. You also have covered walkways to most of the food should it be raining.

Have fun whatever you decide!

On the 16th floor is the Dahlia Lounge:

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJj71tIVuoOOyDYIDSkY1DUEaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJgl6PGsn8zCMyEA6Tgc4A-mVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJhCEEEXHHtKR2T5p331o5FlaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJh-SZU3y01dj3UVrafNme4CqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw
00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJgo-mQprvOEFB6keFAQd42J5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJhj8ckjYRrWPIotGHniySthV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJhof064Wd4G2PdiqN2oj5bcqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw

Haven't stayed yet, but Tower is last for pick up. Reviews during pandemic were that sometimes people had to wait for next bus due to distancing, but outside of one review I read on these boards, that problem seems to have been resolved now there is no more distancing...
...on the bright side, since it is the last pick-up/drop off, after you board the bus you go directly to your destination. You are correct; there is no more distancing but masks are still required on all transportation.
I think being in the Tower is an upgrade just due to the indoor hallways alone! That and the fact it's still new and it's stunning. You also have covered walkways to most of the food should it be raining...
...I agree...also, the walk from the Tower to the main shopping/food area is actually an indoor A/C hallway, which is quite convenient.

I too am getting excited. Only 28 days left, we have not been since 2017, first DH mother was too ill to leave. Then she passed and it was quickly followed by the pandemic. So 4 years passed. Could not spend our 40th Anniversary in our magical favorite land. So at last we are coming in mid August just a few weeks short of the 41st Anniversary but close enough. We booked a standard in Casitas as it is our favorite location. Looking forward to the beauty of our resort. So long overdue for this trip. Counting down. :stitch::mickeyjum:tigger:

Are the ground level standard rooms loud with the hardwood flooring above you? Can you hear all the activity and footsteps from your upstairs neighbors? What about in the tower? Can you hear the room about you in the tower? We usually choose top floor for our requests but we have a mobility injury this time around.

I too am getting excited. Only 28 days left, we have not been since 2017, first DH mother was too ill to leave. Then she passed and it was quickly followed by the pandemic. So 4 years passed. Could not spend our 40th Anniversary in our magical favorite land. So at last we are coming in mid August just a few weeks short of the 41st Anniversary but close enough. We booked a standard in Casitas as it is our favorite location. Looking forward to the beauty of our resort. So long overdue for this trip. Counting down. :stitch::mickeyjum:tigger:
I think I would like Casitas too with my standard room reservation. I hope I get it. I will be requesting it.

Do they use common sense with the buses? Meaning do they always follow the same order or do they perhaps start where they might have left people stranded? Are they always full by the time they get the 3 and 4 stops?

I booked a preferred room (over xmas) which appears to be the 3rd stop. I wouldn't be too happy if every time a bus pulled into our stop we couldn't board it.

Has anyone used uber/lyft to go to the parks? How did that work out?

Thanks.

Do they use common sense with the buses? Meaning do they always follow the same order or do they perhaps start where they might have left people stranded? Are they always full by the time they get the 3 and 4 stops?

I booked a preferred room (over xmas) which appears to be the 3rd stop. I wouldn't be too happy if every time a bus pulled into our stop we couldn't board it.

Has anyone used uber/lyft to go to the parks? How did that work out?

Thanks.

I stayed in the tower over July 4th weekend and the only time I used Lyft was on arrival night, because my flight down was delayed and I was trying to hustle to Epcot in time for the fireworks. It took maybe 10 minutes to get there and practically no wait for a car.

But the reason I didn’t use Lyft was the buses were so great for rope drop. I managed to get on the first bus of the day each time and none of them showed up to the tower full so I can only imagine you’d be fine in the outer buildings.

The one bus snafu I had was coming home from MK on July 3rd at closing. The CSR line wrapped outside the physical bus queue twice over. But the wait wasn’t as horrific as I assumed it would be, I think once they realized it was so backed up they just brought bus after bus after bus, some were the charter buses. So it wasn’t bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter