Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure this question has probably been asked many times but I’ve just booked a stay at CS for May and I am wondering what section of the resort I should request for my room?
I think the best options are Cabanas and Casitas? What are the pros and cons of each?

We stayed at CSR last April. I really enjoyed Casitas.....one pro is the proximity to bus stop 2 (first to pick up on the way to the parks). I expected to find the casitas theming boring (had originally requested ranchos), but found the greenery and fountains to be very pleasant.

I know there is limited info out about the tower, we just booked our stay at the tower july18-27th. Originally we were booked at POR but my curiosity got the best of me and had to switch. Just dawned on me has anyone heard of a quick service located inside the tower itself? At least to refill your mug a d get coffee in the morning?

I know there is limited info out about the tower, we just booked our stay at the tower july18-27th. Originally we were booked at POR but my curiosity got the best of me and had to switch. Just dawned on me has anyone heard of a quick service located inside the tower itself? At least to refill your mug a d get coffee in the morning?
Nothing announced yet

This may be covered somewhere in the thread but are there car rental locations within walking distance of CSR?

This may be covered somewhere in the thread but are there car rental locations within walking distance of CSR?

No, it would not be safe to walk to either of the nearby car rental locations. However, you can arrange for free transport: there is a shuttle to take you to the rental location at the Car Care Center (near MK toll plaza - arrange shuttle through car rental) or you could connect via parks or Disney Springs bus to the Dolphin where there is an Alamo location.

Thanks for the info. We will have a minivan but need to move 12 people over to UO RPR and also need another car for the post-parks leg of our trip in Clermont. We can take the air travelers to a car rental place on transfer morning but I was trying to avoid adding another task to the checkout/checkin
madness!
No, it would not be safe to walk to either of the nearby car rental locations. However, you can arrange for free transport: there is a shuttle to take you to the rental location at the Car Care Center (near MK toll plaza - arrange shuttle through car rental) or you could connect via parks or Disney Springs bus to the Dolphin where there is an Alamo location.

Thanks for the info. We will have a minivan but need to move 12 people over to UO RPR and also need another car for the post-parks leg of our trip in Clermont. We can take the air travelers to a car rental place on transfer morning but I was trying to avoid adding another task to the checkout/checkin
madness!

Totally understood. The beauty of CSR is that it’s a very short drive to either car care center or the Dolphin to pick up the extra vehicle. Have you checked around Universal for a rental location? I’m not as familiar with car rental options there but do know RPR overnight parking isn’t exactly cheap.

Might make sense to pick up the rental between your UO stay and Clermont unless you need the second vehicle while at Uni, parking there is $27 a night. You could send your group that’s too big for the minivan in an Uber xl for an amount equivalent to one night’s parking (unless you’re just at RPR one night then ignore me please)

Thanks pepperandchips! We are staying only one night at RPR, visiting the parks Friday and Saturday with the 2-day EP advantage and then moving onto Clermont late Saturday night to a house we rented thru AirBNB, so for expediency sake I think we are better off renting the extra car on Friday so we can stay late at the parks on Sat. Plus we have some young kiddos.

Also, which car rental place do people like?

Alamo is at both Dolphin and Car Care, Car Care also has National but there is no daylight between those two brands for me. I would just check for the lowest price. Also I don’t know if you are a Costco member but I have had success booking Alamo rental through Costco Travel at a price lower than through Alamo direct. Keep repricing as your trip grows closer to watch for a drop, then rebook.

You’re doing a great itinerary it sounds like! We have one night at RPR next month for the same reason you do - those express passes are addictive!

Wondering a couple of things for our March 28- Ap. 4 stay. I've stayed at CSP several times and although I enjoy Casitas Bldg 1 preferred rooms, we have stayed all over the resort and managed food and bus stops just fine. However, this trip will be with my parents, both 70. Dad is very active and can handle a lot of walking, but Mom prefers to have the shortest, easiest path to food and busses. We have a standard 2 queen room and they have a water view 2 queen booked because those were our only options at the times we booked with the Disney Visa Card offer. What building should I request that would be closest to the bus and not atrocious for walking to El Centro or even the Dig Site for breakfast? I was thinking Cabanas 8B. Thoughts? Also, is it worth calling to see if Preferred is available and what the price difference would be? Being an avid Disney fan, I realize that a request may not be honored and it can be a crap shoot. Just figured this thread might provide some good advice. TIA!

What building should I request that would be closest to the bus and not atrocious for walking to El Centro or even the Dig Site for breakfast? I was thinking Cabanas 8B. Thoughts?

I’m not sure whether siestas cantina is still doing breakfast - the Disney site is showing opening hours as 11:00 am and I couldn’t find an updated breakfast menu or any recent reports of people eating breakfast there. Also I think 8B is great, but I also think it’s pretty popular, so if you request it, make sure you also note that you’d like to be close to a bus stop in case they can’t get you in 8B. If I’m remembering the order correctly, any theme park bus (not Disney Springs) can drop you at El Centro before leaving the resort - just confirm with the bus driver before you accidentally get whisked off to a theme park when you meant to be getting breakfast.

We are going to CSR for our first time soon. After reading your thoughts, I wanted to request Casitas 4 or Cabanas 9A (we are in a standard room). However, when I went to MDE I could only request "Cabanas" as a room request, there were no other options besides upper or high room and close to transportation. Does anyone know why I couldn't request Casitas? Do I need a TA to do this?

We are going to CSR for our first time soon. After reading your thoughts, I wanted to request Casitas 4 or Cabanas 9A (we are in a standard room). However, when I went to MDE I could only request "Cabanas" as a room request, there were no other options besides upper or high room and close to transportation. Does anyone know why I couldn't request Casitas? Do I need a TA to do this?

Call the WDW reservations line and ask for thd request to be added to your reservation.

Also, if you have a subscription to Touring Plans, they have an included service to add requests by fax.

We just booked CSR for 5/14-21, first time at this resort. We have requested 2 adjoining standard rooms, and would like to stay in Cabanas. Would we have better luck if we moved to preferred rooms? Are their balconies or patios?
Thanks!

We just booked CSR for 5/14-21, first time at this resort. We have requested 2 adjoining standard rooms, and would like to stay in Cabanas. Would we have better luck if we moved to preferred rooms? Are their balconies or patios?
Thanks!

There are no balconies or patios in any sections.
Preferred rooms are all in Casitas section (buildings 1-3).

What does everyone think about the Tower? I know they are still building and that there isn't much info, but I'm considering a stay there in late September. Is it worth the adventure?

What does everyone think about the Tower? I know they are still building and that there isn't much info, but I'm considering a stay there in late September. Is it worth the adventure?

I'm very excited! We are arriving one day after the tower opens and I'm pumped that we will possibly be the first people to stay in our room. I know we are taking a risk by staying there, but the rooms look great and Coronado is a beautiful resort!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter