Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just booked for a couple of nights in Sept. through Orbitz and noticed a line about breakfast fees being charged on check in what is this? I've never seen it on a disney resort before.

I just booked for a couple of nights in Sept. through Orbitz and noticed a line about breakfast fees being charged on check in what is this? I've never seen it on a disney resort before.

I've never heard of that. Maybe just a standard disclaimer? I'd be surprised if that were true.

I've never heard of that. Maybe just a standard disclaimer? I'd be surprised if that were true.

I'm hoping it's a standard disclaimer but I've never seen it before, you never know any more with Orbitz they seem to be changing things daily. There was a specific amount quoted, which was odd. This is what it says and it's on my itenerary email.

Additional hotel fees
The below fees and deposits only apply if they are not included in your selected room rate.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
  • Breakfast fee: between USD 11.99 and USD 19.49 per person (approximately)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.

It's just a standard view room. Strange I know but I hope it's not true since when I do eat breakfast it's usually a kid's meal and doesn't cost that much. That with the $25 cancellation fee would up the charge to the point it would have been just about the same to use the WDW general discount.

I'm hoping it's a standard disclaimer but I've never seen it before, you never know any more with Orbitz they seem to be changing things daily. There was a specific amount quoted, which was odd. This is what it says and it's on my itenerary email.

Additional hotel fees
The below fees and deposits only apply if they are not included in your selected room rate.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.

It's just a standard view room. Strange I know but I hope it's not true since when I do eat breakfast it's usually a kid's meal and doesn't cost that much. That with the $25 cancellation fee would up the charge to the point it would have been just about the same to use the WDW general discount.

CSR doesn't have any breakfast included deals and they certainly won't be collecting fees for Orbitz. It's weird that they have that in there, but I don't see CSR collecting weird fees at check-in that they aren't collecting from everyone else. I haven't used a 3rd party site to book Disney since 2008, but there was nothing like this back then and no fees like this booking through the Disney site.

Looking for Feedback on the Vegetarian Options at Pepper Market. There are I think only 3 options: Pizza, Veggie Wrap and Veggie Burger. Not sure which is the best. Choices are so limited.

Café Rix also has grab and go, and they have two veggie salads -- house and Greek, and have hummus and veggies. La Ventanas has a grilled cheese sandwich, and Sestina has cheese empanadas and a fresh mozzarella/tomato sandwich. Rix lounge has a veggie flatbread and a Caesar salad. We've also found really good black bean burgers at -- of all places -- restaurantosaurus in the Animal Kingdom.

Additional hotel fees

This could be about a contract a convention made with Disney. I've had to make convention hotel contracts that specified that our group would spend at least X food dollars at the convention hotel. Just guessing, though.

Will an twin-sized air mattress fit in the room at CSR? We are a family of 4, but my older son doesn't want to share a bed with my younger son. Last trip, one of them (I think the older one) slept on the floor at CBR, but I was thinking an air mattress might be a little better.

Hi everyone! We are returning to CSR in November. It is our "Home" resort. My DS17 will be a Sr in high school and I am planning to have a photo session for Sr portraits at the resort. What areas would you recommend? We will have a hour session. TIA

Will an twin-sized air mattress fit in the room at CSR? We are a family of 4, but my older son doesn't want to share a bed with my younger son. Last trip, one of them (I think the older one) slept on the floor at CBR, but I was thinking an air mattress might be a little better.

My DS has an Aerobed that we travel with- my sons won't sleep together either. It fits fine in front of the bed or by the table. It's nice because it plugs in to fill up the bed at night and then you can deflate it during the day. :thumbsup2

Yes, you should be able to put down an air mattress. We've also done the body pillow approach -- put a long body pillow between the two boys so that they no longer fuss about who is infringing on whose half of the bed. CBR and POR now have two queens plus a smallish pull down, so you can more easily sleep two children who prefer not to share. I'm hoping that the next refurbishment of CSR includes some pull down rooms. The newest DVC studio villas also have them, and sleep five (but at a higher price point than the moderates).

Sorry if this has been asked but suggestions are appreciated. We are checking in CSR in 3 weeks and I was wondering if I have to do an online check in??

Also... we paid for a preferred room, any suggestions I should make for a location?? We are a family of 4 (kids are 12 & 9) being close to main pool is important but also not really far from food court???

If you paid for a preferred room, that would be Casitas 1, 2, or 3. I don't think those are too close to the main pool, but they are to the food court.

You can do online check in if you want to, or you don't have to. I've done it for our trip, we check in June 5 to CSR.

Following along. We are staying at CSR for a couple nights in October for MNSSHP. Never stayed at this resort before so trying to soak up any information I can.

Following along. We are staying at CSR for a couple nights in October for MNSSHP. Never stayed at this resort before so trying to soak up any information I can.

We will be there in October too. Our first visit to Coronado was two weeks ago and we already have a return trip planned....the only moderate resort I love more is French Quarter and that might have a bit to do with it being my daughters "first trip" resort when she was 4 years old.:)

We will be there in October too. Our first visit to Coronado was two weeks ago and we already have a return trip planned....the only moderate resort I love more is French Quarter and that might have a bit to do with it being my daughters "first trip" resort when she was 4 years old.:)

French Quarter is our favourite so far. We try to book a new resort every visit. Looking forward to CSR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter