Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We made an impromptu booking for CSR (standard) for 11/26-12/3 -- thank you, free dining! We've stayed at POR and CBR, but this will be our first time at CSR. Looks beautiful... but I have lots yet to learn!

Have I read that the food court is no longer the complicated ticket system and is more like other resorts now?
When we were there is 2013 they did a bunch of changes that had me very upset. There were no more waitresses getting drinks, paper plates and silverware, etc. I was happy when I came in 2014. The crazy ticket system was gone. We just ordered the food we wanted and now the registers are close to the food. There are no waitress to get drinks. You get them yourself which is fine. I like that they brought back the real plates. From what I have been told only Coronado uses real plates at a quick service location. All the other hotels use paper plates.

So for the Pepper Market, it is now order, receive food, pay at the register, no tipping system...same as ordering at POR or CBR?

The last I saw (probably on this thread somewhere), the room refurb hasn't started yet.

I was there a few weeks ago and there were construction workers going in and out of rooms on the first floor of casitas 4. I only noticed because they were right outside our room (didn't bother me at all), not sure if it was refurbs or not, I had just assumed it was.

When we were there is 2013 they did a bunch of changes that had me very upset. There were no more waitresses getting drinks, paper plates and silverware, etc. I was happy when I came in 2014. The crazy ticket system was gone. We just ordered the food we wanted and now the registers are close to the food. There are no waitress to get drinks. You get them yourself which is fine. I like that they brought back the real plates. From what I have been told only Coronado uses real plates at a quick service location. All the other hotels use paper plates.
image.jpeg
I couldn't remember the real plates so I looked at my pics from last summer. Now I'm hungry. Love the newer set up.

So for the Pepper Market, it is now order, receive food, pay at the register, no tipping system...same as ordering at POR or CBR?

Do you still go to the stations for what you want, but just pay once you have food, rather than take ticket up at end?

Looking forward to returning to the Pepper Market, especially with the new changes. We were there last in 2014, which seemed like an "in flux" time...there were very few food options, and none that were outstanding. It was a shame, since PM was one of our favorite QS places prior to that. Glad to see it's back to its former glory, without some of its bizarre former policies.

What is the cost to upgrade from standard to standard BC? Is it worth it? It is just DH and I and we have dining plan.

Looking forward to returning to the Pepper Market, especially with the new changes. We were there last in 2014, which seemed like an "in flux" time...there were very few food options, and none that were outstanding. It was a shame, since PM was one of our favorite QS places prior to that. Glad to see it's back to its former glory, without some of its bizarre former policies.
When they first made the changes in 2013 they had a lot of the higher up people in there to see what people thought. Since it is a conference center and they have business professionals staying there I think the paper plates thing wasn't going to fly with them. I am also happy that they had opened a breakfast restaurant again in case someone does want to have a waitress.

Have the option of staying at CS in a 1 bedroom Casita on the FD promo. It would be 4 adults & 2 children (15 & 3) When I look at the photos of the suite, it looks spacious enough.
Would love some thoughts from anyone who has stayed in the 1 bedroom... I'm torn between that & a 2 Bedroom at either Old Key West or Saratoga Springs. The difference in cost is less then $700. Help! lol..

I was there a few weeks ago and there were construction workers going in and out of rooms on the first floor of casitas 4. I only noticed because they were right outside our room (didn't bother me at all), not sure if it was refurbs or not, I had just assumed it was.
Buzz said there are some rooms in the Casitas getting refurbed for testing of different decor.
I'd like to have a look at them while we're there later this month.

Thank you for the responses, I think we will request building 8 or 9 so we are closer to the pool and food. hope they can accommodate and we don't have to try to have changes made when we arrive at the hotel.

Sounds like it probably was. I stand corrected :)

The counter service at AofA also use real plates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter