Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I apologize if this has been asked a million times. I did a search and there are several threads about “rum” drinks; however, I’m wondering specifically if I would be able to purchase a small bottle of rum at one of the shops at the Contemporary. We have a fireworks cruise booked and we are (shockingly) permitted to bring our own alcoholic beverages on board. I’m hoping to get something to mix with the soda that is included.

I apologize if this has been asked a million times. I did a search and there are several threads about “rum” drinks; however, I’m wondering specifically if I would be able to purchase a small bottle of rum at one of the shops at the Contemporary. We have a fireworks cruise booked and we are (shockingly) permitted to bring our own alcoholic beverages on board. I’m hoping to get something to mix with the soda that is included.

Fantasia Market has a small collection of various basic spirits. I'm relatively sure they have Bacardi rum, although I don't have personal experience so don't take that as absolute fact. Hopefully someone who knows for sure will be along to chime in.

Our MB+ order is still “in progress.” I just spoke to someone on the phone and was told that we would likely not receive them before we leave. They are able to issue a card for a room key, and that we can use the bands on a future trip….

• Angry
Reactions: rlk
Our MB+ order is still “in progress.” I just spoke to someone on the phone and was told that we would likely not receive them before we leave. They are able to issue a card for a room key, and that we can use the bands on a future trip….
If I don't receive my MB+ before my trip and they can't give me replacements, I will be expecting a refund.

Does anyone know what kind of fridges the Contemporary has? There is a long thread on Facebook that glass front coolers are replacing fridges in all the resorts

Does anyone know what kind of fridges the Contemporary has? There is a long thread on Facebook that glass front coolers are replacing fridges in all the resorts

They are the "beverage cooler" style fridges, as seen below. FYI, the sticker says "Beverage cooler cools to 41 degrees and above. Please contact Front Desk for assistance." With some exceptions this is the style of fridge Disney has been going with in its more recent iteration of room renovations. Hope that helps!

IMG_6300.jpeg

They are the "beverage cooler" style fridges, as seen below. FYI, the sticker says "Beverage cooler cools to 41 degrees and above. Please contact Front Desk for assistance." With some exceptions this is the style of fridge Disney has been going with in its more recent iteration of room renovations. Hope that helps!

View attachment 691973
Thank you! I may need them to bring an actual fridge for insulin.

Does the monorail run through extra evening hours at Epcot or do they use busses?

It did in June. It was pretty crowded. If you have a car, I would drive. My brother in law drove and he got back to BLT way before we did.

No car. I haven't driven since I sold it in 2006 to move to NYC and don't plan on re-starting with a rental car - especially at Disney.

Thanks!

So, I just stayed at the Contempo for the first time, and had a great stay. I do have a question though; so when you can feel the bed shift, what is causing the slight motion? Is it the Monorail starting and stopping, or the air pressure changes when the Monorail enters and exits? It's not a vibration or a shake really (and isn't the elevators), just a subtle movement, but it is definitely noticeable.

We stayed in the main tower, over the tracks.

So, I just stayed at the Contempo for the first time, and had a great stay. I do have a question though; so when you can feel the bed shift, what is causing the slight motion? Is it the Monorail starting and stopping, or the air pressure changes when the Monorail enters and exits? It's not a vibration or a shake really (and isn't the elevators), just a subtle movement, but it is definitely noticeable.

We stayed in the main tower, over the tracks.

When things are still/quiet, I have had times where I’ve felt that same slight movement, which I’ve always assumed is the monorail, particularly the express monorail.

Separately, the new bed/headboard setup is all connected as one piece between beds and I have noticed when someone in the second bed moves/rolls over, you can feel it in your bed.

When things are still/quiet, I have had times where I’ve felt that same slight movement, which I’ve always assumed is the monorail, particularly the express monorail.

Separately, the new bed/headboard setup is all connected as one piece between beds and I have noticed when someone in the second bed moves/rolls over, you can feel it in your bed.
Yes, absolutely on the bed issue! I think that should have been tested before deciding to go that way. I do think the other movement has to be connected to the monorails, which is kind of cool, just not something I had expected. lol

Yes, absolutely on the bed issue! I think that should have been tested before deciding to go that way. I do think the other movement has to be connected to the monorails, which is kind of cool, just not something I had expected. lol

Yeah, I stop short of calling it a fundamental design flaw, but it does seem like the kind of thing that wasn’t fully tested well. My DD is a rough sleeper, tosses and turns all night…and every single time you feel it! Lol.

Our ideal room would be ground level so we don’t have to deal with stroller/elevator. Is there a way to note this request?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter