Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

97219EC0-E296-4ED6-B463-A8A37D3D0C3D.jpegI always like to know what is available in the shops so I know if I need to do an order. 8/13/2022

Attachments

• 45DA47E1-CF61-46ED-A6AE-23F36D89F677.jpeg
    45DA47E1-CF61-46ED-A6AE-23F36D89F677.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 71A225B5-4D0C-4B8A-A656-6EA145329ED9.jpeg
    71A225B5-4D0C-4B8A-A656-6EA145329ED9.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 48
  • E2B10A65-B1D8-42BC-A5A3-6AB93FF10208.jpeg
    E2B10A65-B1D8-42BC-A5A3-6AB93FF10208.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 48
  • FF9A5A61-2D3B-4FAE-8F40-739BBA8508AE.jpeg
    FF9A5A61-2D3B-4FAE-8F40-739BBA8508AE.jpeg
    108.4 KB · Views: 55
Is CRO the resort directly or does it stand for something else 😬
Central Reservations Office.

There is no way to call the hotel directly. Even the “front desk” button on your phone goes to an off-site call center. They *should* answer for whichever resort you are calling from (in this case Contemporary) but they are NOT on property.

The above photos are great. Does anyone happen to have a photo of the toiletries that are sold in the Contemporary store?

Or if not, can someone confirm that they sell things like sunscreen, deodorant (male and female), hairspray, etc We are travelling with carry on only so just wondering in case they sell out.

Also, is shampoo/conditioner in regular containers or in dispenser in the shower? We would need enough for 4 shampoos each day. Any issue getting regular refills?

Thanks!

Wow that looks perfect for our desired ground floor. We wanted something easy for the stroller haha. Look at that path! Do you remember what view this is considered?

Just FYI in case you don't know, but that picture above was taken from a ground floor room in Bay Lake Tower (the DVC building next door). Do you have a BLT reservation or CR reservation?

I'd put in a request for "upper floor, close to Magic Kingdom". All TPV rooms have a good view, but higher is always better, IMO. Being more on the MK side of the floor makes for a bit better view as you're closer/have less buildings/parking lot in the immediate foreground, but that's overall pretty minor and not worth sweating that much (IMO). Odd numbered rooms allow you to see the castle from one of the beds.

As for HDDR... hopefully someday the Blue Flag boat returns that runs between CR-WL-FW... but until then, yes, walking to MK and taking the MK-FW boat is the easiest way to go, IMO.

If your timing is such that you don't mind going straight from the park, that's an option too. You could take a bus from DHS to FW, then you'll need to switch to another internal FW bus back to the Settlement Depot (which is where HDDR is located). You could also take a bus from DHS to WL and then take a seperate bus that goes from WL to FW, which drops off at the Settlement Depot. Obviously that's going to be a fair amount of bus transferring with may be less than ideal given you'll have an ECV in your party. Sorry if you already know all of this!

Hope that helps!

I wanted to thank you for your help. We just got back from our vacation and couldn't have asked for a better view from our room. We were in room 4735 on the 11th floor. Having my mom with us, it was awesome to have that view as we stayed in the room in the afternoons with her and we watched the fireworks several nights from there as well.

Attachments

• 15881241-8B07-4534-AFD1-4719D2AE69AF.jpeg
    15881241-8B07-4534-AFD1-4719D2AE69AF.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 44
The above photos are great. Does anyone happen to have a photo of the toiletries that are sold in the Contemporary store?

Or if not, can someone confirm that they sell things like sunscreen, deodorant (male and female), hairspray, etc We are travelling with carry on only so just wondering in case they sell out.

Also, is shampoo/conditioner in regular containers or in dispenser in the shower? We would need enough for 4 shampoos each day. Any issue getting regular refills?

Thanks!
I wish I had seen this earlier. We just left. They definitely have sunscreen in the stores, but I didn’t look for the deodorant or hairspray. It’d probably be cheaper to order for delivery if you aren’t going to take it with you though. Those kinds of things tend to be pretty pricey at the hotel.

As far as the shampoo and stuff in the rooms, they’re in the dispensers in the shower now. We brought our own, so I can’t speak to how full they started or how frequently they filled them back up. Actual room cleans were every other day, so I wouldn’t expect it to be done any more frequently than that.

Thanks!
The only thing we noticed they did not have was shave cream.

I wish I had seen this earlier. We just left. They definitely have sunscreen in the stores, but I didn’t look for the deodorant or hairspray. It’d probably be cheaper to order for delivery if you aren’t going to take it with you though. Those kinds of things tend to be pretty pricey at the hotel.

As far as the shampoo and stuff in the rooms, they’re in the dispensers in the shower now. We brought our own, so I can’t speak to how full they started or how frequently they filled them back up. Actual room cleans were every other day, so I wouldn’t expect it to be done any more frequently than that.
Thanks for the reply. Hope you had a wonderful trip!
We plan on bringing the essentials, but it's more if we run out. Only exception is shampoo and conditioner. Hoping it's not an issue getting a refill daily if it's not enough for four (2 females with longer hair). Figured there is mark up if we end up buying something there.

The only thing we noticed they did not have was shave cream.
Perfect. Thanks for confirming.

Only exception is shampoo and conditioner. Hoping it's not an issue getting a refill daily if it's not enough for four (2 females with longer hair). Figured there is mark up if we end up buying something there.

FYI, CR has the dispensers on the wall. They “should” be full and refilled by Mousekeeping as needed, but if for some reason you run low just call Housekeeping from your room phone and request a refill.

Enjoy your trip!

FYI, CR has the dispensers on the wall. They “should” be full and refilled by Mousekeeping as needed, but if for some reason you run low just call Housekeeping from your room phone and request a refill.

Enjoy your trip!

And unless the bottles are RADICALLY smaller than anywhere else on property, I would be SHOCKED if 4 people go through them every day. They're like normal sized bottles - not the travel size ones.

four (2 females with longer hair).

Do you go through a standard size bottle (not talking travel size, but a regular sized bottle) every day at home????

Enjoy your trip!
Great thanks. Good to know we can just call mousekeeping if we need more.

And unless the bottles are RADICALLY smaller than anywhere else on property, I would be SHOCKED if 4 people go through them every day. They're like normal sized bottles - not the travel size ones.

Do you go through a standard size bottle (not talking travel size, but a regular sized bottle) every day at home????
Thanks. I'm used to regular hotel rooms where they don't give you much shampoo/conditioner (but usually in a typical bottle). Sounds like we'll be fine.

Great thanks. Good to know we can just call mousekeeping if we need more.

Thanks. I'm used to regular hotel rooms where they don't give you much shampoo/conditioner (but usually in a typical bottle). Sounds like we'll be fine.

Yeah, the mounted dispensers are definitely more regular size. But you can always call housekeeping or pop by the front desk to let them know they need to be refilled if that becomes an issue.

I know tubs are scarce at CR, but does anyone know if the high floors have any tubs? We have a TPV and requested a high floor, but have a little one who is more used to baths than showers.

I know tubs are scarce at CR, but does anyone know if the high floors have any tubs? We have a TPV and requested a high floor, but have a little one who is more used to baths than showers.
The tubs are scarce in the garden wing, I didn’t understand why until I did both this year. The GW bathrooms are smaller/not enough room for a tub.

If a lake or TPV in the main building you should just call to request for a tub . They have a fair number with them based on posts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter