Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Mine is 25. I took him on a mom n me at 11. I bought every toy he asked for. At one point he asked”why are you buying me so much mom?”. Honey when we all come down doesn’t your sister always need more stuff? Yep. So I figure since we are alone it’s your turn to catch up.

Yap, next trip did not want a single lego, star tours shop stop, etc. I just got lucky I guessed the right time. One of my fav trips!

He did seem to still enjoy buying the candy at the Emporium like choosing your color m and m’s etc. they have a new choose popcorn station there he might enjoy?

Have fun and enjoy!

I think I have succeeded at this parenting thing. Maybe? DS wanted dinner at California Grill for his 12th. (Although a toy would have probably been cheaper!...lol)

I think I have succeeded at this parenting thing. Maybe? DS wanted dinner at California Grill for his 12th. (Although a toy would have probably been cheaper!...lol)
A toy definitely would have been cheaper😂

Oh girls are worse. DDs 21 we had to go to Disneyland and stay in a signature suite. The Fairytale suite! It was amaxing at least!

This might be a bit of an odd question, but has anyone ever stored their luggage on their check out day? Or...do they ever allow for a late check out? If they had luggage stored, did you feel your stuff was well protected? And if a late checkout, until when?

Reason I am asking is we have a 6:30pm flight on our departure day. So trying to figure out what to do with our stuff. (Will either resort hop, or possibly even add another park day for a few hours as I didn't realize it cost so little to add an additional day)
Yes we have stored our luggage many times at the Disney resorts (including Contemporary) on our check out day. Very convenient and never had any issues.

Mine is 25. I took him on a mom n me at 11. I bought every toy he asked for. At one point he asked”why are you buying me so much mom?”. Honey when we all come down doesn’t your sister always need more stuff? Yep. So I figure since we are alone it’s your turn to catch up.

Yep, next trip did not want a single lego, star tours shop stop, etc. I just got lucky I guessed the right time. One of my fav trips!

He did seem to still enjoy buying the candy at the Emporium like choosing your color m and m’s etc. They have a new choose popcorn station there he might enjoy?

Have fun and enjoy!
Oh yes! We hit up the confectionary when we got here yesterday 😀.

Has anyone stayed at the Contemporary recently? How often is room cleaning provided? Are clean towels, toiletries and coffee easily provided when needed?

Has anyone stayed at the Contemporary recently? How often is room cleaning provided? Are clean towels, toiletries and coffee easily provided when needed?
Yes, very easy to call and get extra of anything you need. They came right to our room within 5-10 minutes. They did a full room clean every other day. They made our beds, took out trash, replaced towels, wiped down bathroom, etc. I missed having beds made every day, but I thought this was a good step up from our previous COVID-era trips. It was much closer to normal and I found housekeeping to be quick and responsive on the “off” days when they weren’t doing a full cleaning.

Arriving in 5 days, and we are still waiting for our Magic Band+ order —purchased on 7/27 through MDE for the pre-arrival discount. It said any orders 10+ days before trip would be sent to house. Has anyone received their new bands?

Maybe they will magically be at the resort when we check-in? :tink:

Arriving in 5 days, and we are still waiting for our Magic Band+ order —purchased on 7/27 through MDE for the pre-arrival discount. It said any orders 10+ days before trip would be sent to house. Has anyone received their new bands?

If you don’t have shipping info yet, I would call.

I have called & emailed.. there’s no additional info.
Sounds like you are arriving Wednesday. If no tracking info by Monday, would call and insist that comparable bands be delivered to your resort. I doubt the Magicband system is sophisticated enough to change course and reroute your initial order to your resort.

I assume you got an initial order confirmation email from shop@disneyparks that has the bands shipping to your home?

Ordered mine on the day they came out for a trip 8/30. Confirmed ship to home, but haven’t shipped yet.

Yes, very easy to call and get extra of anything you need. They came right to our room within 5-10 minutes. They did a full room clean every other day. They made our beds, took out trash, replaced towels, wiped down bathroom, etc. I missed having beds made every day, but I thought this was a good step up from our previous COVID-era trips. It was much closer to normal and I found housekeeping to be quick and responsive on the “off” days when they weren’t doing a full cleaning.
Thank you!

@DisneyJenK sorry, I don't know, we didn't order new bands this trip. We have 3 old bands each and with having no hotel discount this visit, I cheaped out.

I ordered bands for 9/9 trip. Received today and I think I ordered them 2 weeks ago,-ish.

They do have “bands” at the resort. You may or may not get colors or styles but at least something to use if needed.

I ordered bands for 9/9 trip. Received today and I think I ordered them 2 weeks ago,-ish.

They do have “bands” at the resort. You may or may not get colors or styles but at least something to use if needed.
Ordered through MDE in conjunction with your resort stay?

There goes the theory that they are prioritizing arrival order.

Ordered through MDE in conjunction with your resort stay?

There goes the theory that they are prioritizing arrival order.
Yes I wasn’t going to order but decided I wanted a black one for mnsshp. It was only $10 so i didn’t mind.

Dd ordered the new bands for us. It would not show up in my account to order for our 2nd resort. That hasn’t shown up yet. I can keep you posted if interested.

My friend also could not get the new bands so I told her to have her daughter so it. We both are the family control person and our adult dd;s linked to us. Both of us moms kept getting errors but daughters could order.

Disney IT 🤬

Yes I wasn’t going to order but decided I wanted a black one for mnsshp. It was only $10 so i didn’t mind.

Dd ordered the new bands for us. It would not show up in my account to order for our 2nd resort. That hasn’t shown up yet. I can keep you posted if interested.

My friend also could not get the new bands so I told her to have her daughter so it. We both are the family control person and our adult dd;s linked to us. Both of us moms kept getting errors but daughters could order.

Disney IT 🤬
Oh so your old-style band showed. Not a new MB+?

A lot of us arriving before you ordered the new ones and got confirmation of the order, but they are all still processing. That’s why I was confused.

I ordered one for my AP at 7:50 am on the 27th. Got an email yesterday that it shipped. I also ordered 2 for our September hotel stay @ 8:33 that morning. No news on those yet. (Checked my screenshots to know what time I ordered).

My DDIL couldn’t order the new MB+ on her account on 7/27. She was trying to order one for her AP band. They waited for MB+ release to order their AP bands. She was able to order them for their December resort stay thru my DS‘s MDE. She always makes arrangements for them thru her account. That day MDE wouldn’t take her credit card, even tho it’s normally stored & fine. So she couldn’t even make ADRs for a spontaneous trip that weekend. Guest services couldn’t help but said they would make a note in her account & she “should“ be able to get the $10 discount in person. IT eventually told her it is a “known issue” & should be fine the next day. The next day she was again able to make ADRs but still can’t order the AP band. I don’t think she’s had time to follow up on it yet. But it’s annoying for sure.

I ordered one for my AP at 7:50 am on the 27th. Got an email yesterday that it shipped. I also ordered 2 for our September hotel stay @ 8:33 that morning. No news on those yet. (Checked my screenshots to know what time I ordered).

I ordered around 6am on the 27th for my resort stay and have yet to get a shipping notice. And it's still "in process". :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter