Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks WDWKOOK! Our first trip to Disney World was last December and ever since we rode the Monorail through the Contemporary for the first time, I told my bf that the next time we go to Disney, we're going to be staying there :lovestruc. Now December just seems like a long way to go :(
I love how you kept your promise. You'll be surprised how fast the time will go and before you know it, it's time to make your FP+ times and you can make ADRs now;)

:wave:
We haven't been on the Observation Deck recently during Wishes, but I heard the same thing about the music not being piped in anymore.

Really, any place is just fine with children and the Outer Rim is no exception. You will find more adults there though since CR is a convention resort and WL isn't. Good question about the "secret TS menu" at OR - I don't know about that there.
The OR is right next to CM and CC near the elevators and escalator, overlooking the pool and Bay Lake. The Observation Deck door is at the north end of the 4th floor next to the Sky Bridge to BLT.

As always, thanks Kook!

Just in case anyone is trying to time ME arrival with ADRs on arrival day....

My mom and sister flew in and took ME today. They landed at 10:20 and waited a little while for the bus to leave. It then stopped at Poly, then GF, then WL, and then going to the Contemporary. They landed at 10:20 and its now 12:15 and they still aren't there. Just a heads up for anyone trying to plan :) :)

Unfortunately, the timing is highly inconsistent. When we stayed at BLT, we only stopped at VWL, then ours.

I think the bus routes depend on the volume of guests and their respective resorts. We rarely have to wait long for the bus to depart, but we've def had times where we were waiting to get to our resort due to stops ahead of ours!

Now why weren't you a good child? You should have picked mom and sis up at MCO? :rotfl:

:wave:

What a great switch and welcome! The Tower rooms are so convenient and the views are amazing. We prefer the BLV, which would save you some money. CR is a convention resort and is often full so the elevators do have a high demand placed on them. I wouldn't take that into consideration though in deciding upon a Tower room. The Tower rooms are quiet and I think you would love walking out your door each day and looking out at the MK and down at the 4th floor:goodvibes

Thank you! We've decided to go for the BLV Tower room . I can't wait!!

As always, thanks Kook!
You're welcome and I guess I'll see you next over at WL?

Now why weren't you a good child? You should have picked mom and sis up at MCO? :rotfl:
:rotfl2:
That or a limo would have been nice, maybe a Hummerzine?

Thank you! We've decided to go for the BLV Tower room . I can't wait!!
You can't go wrong with that:thumbsup2. Post your dates if you'd like them added to the Log-orail.

Currently booked 12/12-12/15 MK Tower View - Atrium CL for my birthday stay :woohoo:. Too excited right now since this is our first ever on-site stay!!! :cool1:

Now that is something to be excited about. Have fun planning! :cool1:

Loved your disclaimer:rotfl:
;)

...keep in mind, anyone who wants to get onto a floor or room at any resort can find a way to do it. This isn't an issue at WDW, but I don't want you to have a false sense of security just because a floor is keyed access-only. Again, anyone who really wants to can find a way in.
:thumbsup2

All of our MBs have arrived pixiedust: And I have started making piles for my trip party:

You can't go wrong with that:thumbsup2. Post your dates if you'd like them added to the Log-orail.[/QUOTE]

thank you, our dates are February 21st - March 7 2015. Still a good while to go but plenty to look forward to!

Hi Everyone,

Empress is sleeping right now, and I hacked her account :) (I am her fiancee) and I need your help trying to convince her to stay in the Garden Rooms for our honeymoon. We saw some availability in the Tower and she wants to switch by all means. I cannot justify spending the extra money to watch the Fireworks from our balcony, when we are NEVER in the rooms for the fireworks.Ever! We have been to Disney together alot of times, and we are the type of people that sleep late, get dressed, Park Hop all day long, and take advantage of the extra magic hours in the parks. Every night we are not back in the room until the last park closes. She also thinks that the walk will be bad to and from the Tower, but we are used to walking the long distances at Port of Orleans.

She is addicted to these boards and any advice, stories, or cons of the Garden Wing Vs. the Tower from you would be appreciated. Unless you really think I should cave and get her the Theme Park View :rotfl:

Hi Everyone,

Empress is sleeping right now, and I hacked her account :) (I am her fiancee) and I need your help trying to convince her to stay in the Garden Rooms for our honeymoon. We saw some availability in the Tower and she wants to switch by all means. I cannot justify spending the extra money to watch the Fireworks from our balcony, when we are NEVER in the rooms for the fireworks.Ever! We have been to Disney together alot of times, and we are the type of people that sleep late, get dressed, Park Hop all day long, and take advantage of the extra magic hours in the parks. Every night we are not back in the room until the last park closes. She also thinks that the walk will be bad to and from the Tower, but we are used to walking the long distances at Port of Orleans.

She is addicted to these boards and any advice, stories, or cons of the Garden Wing Vs. the Tower from you would be appreciated. Unless you really think I should cave and get her the Theme Park View :rotfl:

If it's not in the budget, then stick with the wing. I think it would be nice and quiet and the rooms are the same inside :)
However, if you have some wiggle room, I would consider upgrading, especially since it is your honeymoon :lovestruc
You will spend more time on your balcony if you have an MK view, I promise :wizard:

Either way - you've chosen a great resort :flower3:

Thanks, mickeynut1 :wave2: Just 3 more weeks :goodvibes

If it's not in the budget, then stick with the wing. I think it would be nice and quiet and the rooms are the same inside :)
However, if you have some wiggle room, I would consider upgrading, especially since it is your honeymoon :lovestruc
You will spend more time on your balcony if you have an MK view, I promise :wizard:

Either way - you've chosen a great resort :flower3:

Thanks, mickeynut1 :wave2: Just 3 more weeks :goodvibes

I agree. If the extra cost is doable, it would be great to be in the tower; otherwise, you have the same room in the GW but probably a little quieter, as johnsonet mentioned ;).

Hi there johnsonet :wave:.

Just 3 more weeks.....very exciting :yay:.

I love how you kept your promise. You'll be surprised how fast the time will go and before you know it, it's time to make your FP+ times and you can make ADRs now;)

Now that is something to be excited about. Have fun planning! :cool1:

Thanks! We just decided last week to go so we're a month behind on making ADRs. I was able to snag some for our dates, but of course not BOG or the Wishes Dessert Party. Hopefully something pops up soon! We're also doing a couple days at Universal and going to be at the Yacht Club for the end of our trip :yay:

Unfortunately, the timing is highly inconsistent. When we stayed at BLT, we only stopped at VWL, then ours.

I think the bus routes depend on the volume of guests and their respective resorts. We rarely have to wait long for the bus to depart, but we've def had times where we were waiting to get to our resort due to stops ahead of ours!

Ha!!! Because we were driving down from Charleston and would've had to leave at 3 or 4 in the morning to get to MCO when they did!!

Here now if anyone has any questions!! There are definitely some amazing aspects to BLT (and some little quirks too!)

Ha!!! Because we were driving down from Charleston and would've had to leave at 3 or 4 in the morning to get to MCO when they did!! Here now if anyone has any questions!! There are definitely some amazing aspects to BLT (and some little quirks too!)
Have a great trip!!

Hi Everyone,

If you can afford the tower I would do it. There is something very magical about seeing the castle lit up at night after the park closes too so not just about seeing the fireworks.

All of our MBs have arrived pixiedust: And I have started making piles for my trip party:
I've received 4 sets (APs{with AP sliders}, ASSp, AoA & BLT {with DVC sliders}). Just waiting on AKV.:cool1:

I will be so ready for this trip! I've had a few very stressful weeks of work. Can't wait to go.:dumbo:

I'm pretty sure 100% of tower rooms and bay lake tower rooms have balconies but in the garden wing only the first floor rooms have patios.

I'm pretty sure 100% of tower rooms and bay lake tower rooms have balconies but in the garden wing only the first floor rooms have patios.
Darn! That's what read and was hoping it was wrong. I'd finally convinced my hubby to do a split stay there, but he only agreed because of the price of the garden wing. I'd rather have a balcony. Thx for replying!

Ha!!! Because we were driving down from Charleston and would've had to leave at 3 or 4 in the morning to get to MCO when they did!!

Hahahaha. Yes, can't blame you at all! :drive:

Side note to the crack of dawn departure...we are leaving the day after Halloween..also the day after our local Trick or treat night. We have 2 other families that we are friends with going down, too. The one family is taking a 7am flight:scared1:
Kids are 9 and 6, will be out the night before until at least 9PM ETand will then have to be up and out for the house by about 4:00 am or sooner to get to PIT for their flight. CRAZY!

Enjoy your stay and please update us on anything news worthy!

Darn! That's what read and was hoping it was wrong. I'd finally convinced my hubby to do a split stay there, but he only agreed because of the price of the garden wing. I'd rather have a balcony. Thx for replying!

We had a patio room last year and loved it. The patio space was larger than the balconies that we've had at yc, akl and bcv.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter