Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Jim and I are home from our wonderful anniversary trip! I cannot say enough about the cast at the Innkeepers Club at the Boardwalk. They were all so amazing. We were greeted warmly by the cast that we knew from our many past visits, Joe, JJ, Beverly, Lene and my longtime friend Lorenzo. I have known Lorenzo over 20 years and he is part of my family now. The new cast members working were truly amazing also. Monica was such a delight to talk to everyday and was always willing to get us what ever we needed.
Nancy, who is now at Yacht and Beach even picked up a shift to come and see us.
Lene worked with my son to pull off a huge surprise for us that left me in tears! Jimmy evidently had been in communication with Lene for a couple weeks before our trip to plan it. When I checked our account balance after checking in, I saw it was zero. Jimmy had paid for our room! It was such a shock to us. Then I learned after our dinner at Flying Fish that our daughter, Amy had paid for our dinner! Thanks to Lorenzo putting her in touch with Valeria at the restaurant.

Sorry this is so long, but I am just so happy the trip was such a success. We also had pictures taken by a photographer from the Facebook group of furloughed cast members. Cannot wait to see them!
Well, we will be back at the BWI in just 13 more days for my granddaughter’s cheer competition. Looking forward to it.

Jim and I are home from our wonderful anniversary trip! I cannot say enough about the cast at the Innkeepers Club at the Boardwalk. They were all so amazing. We were greeted warmly by the cast that we knew from our many past visits, Joe, JJ, Beverly, Lene and my longtime friend Lorenzo. I have known Lorenzo over 20 years and he is part of my family now. The new cast members working were truly amazing also. Monica was such a delight to talk to everyday and was always willing to get us what ever we needed.
Nancy, who is now at Yacht and Beach even picked up a shift to come and see us.
Lene worked with my son to pull off a huge surprise for us that left me in tears! Jimmy evidently had been in communication with Lene for a couple weeks before our trip to plan it. When I checked our account balance after checking in, I saw it was zero. Jimmy had paid for our room! It was such a shock to us. Then I learned after our dinner at Flying Fish that our daughter, Amy had paid for our dinner! Thanks to Lorenzo putting her in touch with Valeria at the restaurant.

Sorry this is so long, but I am just so happy the trip was such a success. We also had pictures taken by a photographer from the Facebook group of furloughed cast members. Cannot wait to see them!
Well, we will be back at the BWI in just 13 more days for my granddaughter’s cheer competition. Looking forward to it.
Kerry,

This just made me tear up. I am so happy for you guys and so glad you had a wonderful trip! What amazing surprises.Thanks for taking us all along for the journey. :flower1: :flower1:

Do most people hear from DSS before their stays? I don't need anything from them, so have no reason to contact them. Just looking for reassurance that it doesn't indicate a problem.

We were emailed before our doomed Poly CL stay in 2020 prior to the closures, but I think it might have been because I had called them to book the CL FPs (RIP).

Good Morning,

I swear in the past signature services could take resort payments. I tried last week and they told me I had to go through the reservation line. Is this a change or am I remembering incorrectly?

TIA

Maybe long ago, but in my pre-pandemic experience they did not take payments.

However, in the before times, it usually only took a moment to be transferred to the WDWTC. If they have ever been able to take payments, then it was quite a few years ago.

Even pre-pandemic, calling DSS first + then getting transferred (after having questions answered) to the WDWTC was easier than calling the main phone line.

We were lucky enough to book CL at AKL using DVC points, but only for one day. We'd love to use it as our "no-park" day and relax in the lounge, but I'm not sure when they start and stop letting you use the lounge. Is club access bound by check-in (11 AM), check-out (4 PM) times?

In other words, should we not go into the parks on check in day, or check out day?

At WDW, as another poster said, you can arrive early and stay late. The only catch is that you won't have a room, and likely, you'll give most of your luggage to bell services when you leave your room. In that sense, you might as well make it a park day. Wet swimsuits, and cover-ups, for example- are a bit of a pain to deal with. We often head to a park, but maybe come back for appetizers if we're at WDW that late. You key will still work in the elevator until midnight, though the lounge closes at 10pm, and I've never actually tested a key THAT late. I think the latest we ever tried was about 6pm.

On the other hand, it is important to mention that OTHER hotels have different policies. Universal CL access starts at 7am of your arrival day when the lounge opens but ends about 11am/noon of your departure day. I think it also ends when/if you actually go to the front desk to check out. If you are at Universal and you STAY in the lounge area, they won't kick you out, but if you try to go to a park, your key no longer works in the elevator (RP and HRH). At Porto, the CL is on the lobby floor, but your key no longer opens the door.

just booked Beach Club CL in May!! It’s been a few years (thanks pandemic) so I need a memory refresh of the fifth floor layout. Are there any rooms close enough to the lounge that we could use a baby monitor from the room to the lounge? We’ll be there with our almost three year old and would love to be able to sit in the lounge after he goes to sleep versus hiding on a balcony (if we even get one) or sitting very very still in the room.

just booked Beach Club CL in May!! It’s been a few years (thanks pandemic) so I need a memory refresh of the fifth floor layout. Are there any rooms close enough to the lounge that we could use a baby monitor from the room to the lounge? We’ll be there with our almost three year old and would love to be able to sit in the lounge after he goes to sleep versus hiding on a balcony (if we even get one) or sitting very very still in the room.

Can’t help with the layout, but what about something like the Petcube? You can use that instead of needing to worry about monitor range. Admittedly, I’ve used it for our dog and not a child, but it seems like it would work the same for this purpose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter