Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

UGH! I knew this would happen, it looks like Nic and I can go to WDW for fall break after all, (Connor going to DC with his dad) and so I look for a room at WDW and I have three choices left. All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, or Caribbean Beach. That's it for the fall passholder discount. No deluxes available. So I picked Coronado, but I'm bummed because I really wanted YC/BC/BWI to be close to Epcot. :( I also checked the Universal resorts, all booked except for Cabana Bay. This is why it stinks to be a last minute type of traveler. Don't even ask me about airfare availability. :( What do you guys think? Any ideas?

Staying AKL in November. Will IPO contact me with room requests or do I still do this during online checkin? We are standard CL. I know we will be 4th floor. What else to consider?

I would recommend either "close to lobby" or "close to club lounge" as good requests. Those hallways are looooooong, last summer our room was a long hike from the lounge.

UGH! I knew this would happen, it looks like Nic and I can go to WDW for fall break after all, (Connor going to DC with his dad) and so I look for a room at WDW and I have three choices left. All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, or Caribbean Beach. That's it for the fall passholder discount. No deluxes available. So I picked Coronado, but I'm bummed because I really wanted YC/BC/BWI to be close to Epcot. :( I also checked the Universal resorts, all booked except for Cabana Bay. This is why it stinks to be a last minute type of traveler. Don't even ask me about airfare availability. :( What do you guys think? Any ideas?
We've never stayed at Caribbean Beach (and I heard the main bridge is closing for construction), but we really loved our stay in the Cabanas section at Coronado!

We've never stayed at Caribbean Beach (and I heard the main bridge is closing for construction), but we really loved our stay in the Cabanas section at Coronado!

We had a nice stay at Coronado last summer, was a very last minute extension to our BWI trip. It really turned out well. I shouldn't even complain, since this is so last minute.

We had a nice stay at Coronado last summer, was a very last minute extension to our BWI trip. It really turned out well. I shouldn't even complain, since this is so last minute.
Can you get a business class room? CS was my first choice, then I moved us to WL and then the Poly as availability showed with the late summer discount.

My waitlist for AKL CL came through for the first night we're at F&W, before the rest of our party joins us and we check into a Grand Villa. Can anyone who has stayed recently tell me what beer they serve during the evening? I keep seeing Tusker Beer mentioned but no others.

We are staying CL at the GF for the first time. On our last trip we stayed in what I believe is called a deluxe room with garden view. It has the extra space with the little couch - this was a free upgrade. I want to request this in Sugar Loaf but I'm not sure what it's called. It doesn't look like a room you can book so I thought it might be possible to request. Has anyone done this?

We are staying CL at the GF for the first time. On our last trip we stayed in what I believe is called a deluxe room with garden view. It has the extra space with the little couch - this was a free upgrade. I want to request this in Sugar Loaf but I'm not sure what it's called. It doesn't look like a room you can book so I thought it might be possible to request. Has anyone done this?

We had that room in February! It is great except we had the room on the top floor so there was no balcony.

It is not a bookable room. You can request it, but it is done by the luck of the draw in Sugar Loaf.

Here are the pictures I have
https://www.flickr.com/photos/126378019@N02/albums/72157650715847646

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but since being banished to the resort community board we aren't getting nearly the same amount of questions or new members. It's a shame really because our knowledge is basically a waste.

I just realized today that I seem to be getting fewer and fewer notifications so I looked around and "re-found" this thread. It's one I'm watching and participate in, yet it's not showing up on my alerts yet again and it's now so darn hard to find that I actually forgot it even exists. I'm not loving this new organization, and I think it's unlikely that newbies will even find us here.

To Erika...I forgot to quote you!

Have you played with your dates or looked on Orbitz? I know you can get the fall discount plus an additional discount which is usually 15% off and that's usually better than AP. I booked a last minute stay (as in she's coming in 5 days!) for my friend and I found orbitz to have a much better supply than WDW. Also if I played with her dates (made her stay longer/added days at the beginning or end) I kept getting more hotels so that might be worth a shot. I think the current code is PACKYOURBAGS

Can you get a business class room? CS was my first choice, then I moved us to WL and then the Poly as availability showed with the late summer discount.

They only had it for one of the nights. I might be able to find two nights deluxe and two nights mod. I'm tweaking and trying every combination!

I just realized today that I seem to be getting fewer and fewer notifications so I looked around and "re-found" this thread. It's one I'm watching and participate in, yet it's not showing up on my alerts yet again and it's now so darn hard to find that I actually forgot it even exists. I'm not loving this new organization, and I think it's unlikely that newbies will even find us here.

I don't get notifications either!! And we aren't getting any newbies here that's for sure. The move is very disappointing. :(

To Erika...I forgot to quote you!

Have you played with your dates or looked on Orbitz? I know you can get the fall discount plus an additional discount which is usually 15% off and that's usually better than AP. I booked a last minute stay (as in she's coming in 5 days!) for my friend and I found orbitz to have a much better supply than WDW. Also if I played with her dates (made her stay longer/added days at the beginning or end) I kept getting more hotels so that might be worth a shot. I think the current code is PACKYOURBAGS

Orbitz is against my religion! ;)

Orbitz is against my religion! ;)

Haha! I forgot that you're a TA! I get it, cause you probably just felt the same way I do when someone says, I'm going on the Adkins diet! (I'm a dietitian). Not sure when his break is but I did find availability at BW and BC during the middle of Oct.....so maybe this once, we won't tell and your secret is safe here! :rolleyes1 This is no judgement zone....right?

Haha! I forgot that you're a TA! I get it, cause you probably just felt the same way I do when someone says, I'm going on the Adkins diet! (I'm a dietitian). Not sure when his break is but I did find availability at BW and BC during the middle of Oct.....so maybe this once, we won't tell and your secret is safe here! :rolleyes1 This is no judgement zone....right?

Honestly even if I wasn't a TA I still wouldn't use Orbitz. I don't approve of the practices these travel brokers use (expedia, orbitz, priceline, travelocity, etc). They aren't reliable, they have horrible customer service, they outsource everything, and if you ever have a problem or need help they are completely worthless. I could write a book with all the horror stories people have come to me with. Cheaper is never better when it comes to travel.

Honestly even if I wasn't a TA I still wouldn't use Orbitz. I don't approve of the practices these travel brokers use (expedia, orbitz, priceline, travelocity, etc). They aren't reliable, they have horrible customer service, they outsource everything, and if you ever have a problem or need help they are completely worthless. I could write a book with all the horror stories people have come to me with. Cheaper is never better when it comes to travel.
Tried Orbitz once for a trip to the mountains. Thankfully I called the resort direct the day we were to leave and found out that we did not have a reservation, they were over booked. If we had driven 6+ hours with two whiny girls to find out we did not have a room I would have been seriously ticked!

My waitlist for AKL CL came through for the first night we're at F&W, before the rest of our party joins us and we check into a Grand Villa. Can anyone who has stayed recently tell me what beer they serve during the evening? I keep seeing Tusker Beer mentioned but no others.

Congrats on your wait list for AKL! I can't help with your question as we've never stayed AKL CL, but hopefully others who have been there recently will be able to help :).

It's called a deluxe/turret room, which is by request only as it's not a bookable category for SL. I would have your reservation noted with CRO with that request, as well as put the request in with IPO. If you get assigned a regular room, you can always ask if a deluxe/turret room is available. It's not guaranteed one will be available and that the CM will be able to change your room, but it never hurts to ask ;).

I must be in the minority as I didn't have any trouble finding this (or any other resort FAQs) after the change :confused3. There was a new thread at the top of the resorts board a couple of weeks prior to the change explaining what was taking place and when. There's also a sticky at the top of the resorts boards with the information of the change :flower3:.

Last edited:
Congrats on your wait list for AKL! I can't help with your question as we've never stayed AKL CL, but hopefully others who have been there recently will be able to help :).

It's called a deluxe/turret room, which is by request only as it's not a bookable category for SL. I would have your reservation noted with CRO with that request, as well as put the request in with IPO. If you get assigned a regular room, you can always ask if a deluxe/turret room is available. It's not guaranteed one will be available and that the CM will be able to change your room, but it never hurts to ask ;).

I must be in the minority as I didn't have any trouble finding this (or any other resort FAQs) after the change :confused3. There was a new thread at the top of the resorts board a couple of weeks prior to the change explaining what was taking place and when. There's also a sticky at the top of the resorts boards with the information of the change :flower3:.

Thanks! I sent my request to IPO. I'm not sure what CRO is though :)

facebook twitter