Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Ok club level lovers, I'm in need of a little help. I'm going to squeeze in a short trip in September and am trying to decide which resort has the best club level. We stayed last year for the first time in club level and really enjoyed it. We choose YC for the awesome pool, but would like to try something different this time. I'm leaning towards BW or CR. AKL, WL, and GF are all options as well.

Out of your choices, we've only stayed GF RPC, GF SL, and WL CL. GF RPC is my favorite, followed very closely by WL CL. I love RPC as the lounge is large and spacious, the food offerings are great, the views from the lounge are beautiful, and the CL CMs are very friendly and always willing to help with anything. With that said, I love WL CL for the same reasons. I can't comment on BWI or CR, but I am always reading great reviews about both of them. Good luck.

Ok club level lovers, I'm in need of a little help. I'm going to squeeze in a short trip in September and am trying to decide which resort has the best club level. We stayed last year for the first time in club level and really enjoyed it. We choose YC for the awesome pool, but would like to try something different this time. I'm leaning towards BW or CR. AKL, WL, and GF are all options as well.

Being that you just tried YC CL, I'd go with an MK resort to see Disney from a different perspective. Of your options listed, you have CR and GF (on monorail) and WL (get to MK via boat). We have not tried GF yet, but if you really liked YC then it's a good bet that GF will be a good choice. However, if you want to experience a view of MK park from up high, give CR a try. It's a different feel than the luxury of YC and GF, though, so be sure you realize that ahead of time.

WL is nice and has great lounge food. But the rooms are very small, especially for your family of 5 -- actually you might need a deluxe room? I'm not sure on that as we are just a family of 4. I believe the deluxe rooms are not on the same floor as CL too, but you'd have to check on that as well.

We have not tried AKL CL only because of the location of the resort (we prefer monorail or walking paths to parks...). I hear great things about AKL CL, though, and look forward to trying it someday.

Re. AKL CL (non DVC) I know the rooms are on the 4th floor but which trail are they on? Also, are the rooms closer to the lobby or right at the end of the trail with a long hike? Thanks

The CL rooms are on the 4th floor on both sides of the Arusha Savanna, and from what what I've experienced they start somewhat close to the lobby and stretch out quite a ways down those two trails. You can always ask to be placed closer to the lobby (although it's just a request).

WL is nice and has great lounge food. But the rooms are very small, especially for your family of 5 -- actually you might need a deluxe room? I'm not sure on that as we are just a family of 4. I believe the deluxe rooms are not on the same floor as CL too, but you'd have to check on that as well.

We're possibly thinking of staying in a deluxe room next May. Does anyone know if it's easy access to the lounge, even though they aren't on the same floor, or is it a pain? Anyone stay in a deluxe room? There will be 4 adults and 1 child. We like the 2 beds plus sleeper sofa in the separate living area, but are hesitant because of the one bathroom. Think it will be ok for our group?

I stayed in a WL Deluxe room, getting to the lounge was fairly easy. You have to go in the elevator up, you need to unlock the floor with your magic band. Coming down we used the stairs. I requested to be on the 5th floor so it was only one flight.

We were two adults and four kids ages 7, 9, 11 and 13. No one thought the pull out was comfortable and the kid argued over who was going to sleep in it. Several nights we ended up with a kid or two on the floor.

The space is well laid out but small so figuring out how to store all the stuff was tricky.

The toilet and shower are in a little room together with double sinks across from the door. Having 6 people taking showers in a row took a long time.

I can't personally comment on AKL CL, but dansdad here on DIS commented that all deluxes are now offering the 4th FP texting service -- he said he wasn't speculating, so it sounds like confirmed information! I can't wait -- that feature changed how we tour the parks each day -- BC was able to get us any FP we wanted, and it was during Easter week! I had originally tried the park kiosks for the 4th FP and nothing ever showed as available, as expected since the parks were busy and it was late afternoon. However, texting service blew my mind -- they were so kind and quick to respond! I gave very positive feedback on that feature!
This is great. Does it go beyond a 4th fp? But a 4th is great too!

It's impossible to determine which CL is the best. But I have to say the Atrium Club blew me away last year. I'm also a huge fan of YC/BC CL and BWI CL too. I think it's a very personal decision and also your touring plans should come into consideration as well.

The CL rooms are on the 4th floor on both sides of the Arusha Savanna, and from what what I've experienced they start somewhat close to the lobby and stretch out quite a ways down those two trails. You can always ask to be placed closer to the lobby (although it's just a request).

This was the whole reason I didn't love AKL CL. We were way too far from the lounge to enjoy it. A long, long hike.

This was the whole reason I didn't love AKL CL. We were way too far from the lounge to enjoy it. A long, long hike.

We were lucky enough to get a room not far from the lobby but you are right about it being a hike to the lounge. It reminded me of the 2nd floor deluxe king rooms in GF RPC. You're hungry again by the time you get back to your room! That said, we loved AKL lounge and the CM staff were top notch.

Since we were just there in April and in the spirit of trying new things (and joining the resort changers club), we are now in BWI CL July 25-30! Any recent experiences and room requests are appreciated. This will be our first EPCOT resort stay so feel free to give advice/suggestions.

First question DH asked was what is beer selection! Also is it self serve or have they switched to the CM distribution thing.

Again, thanks for any help! I'm off to page 1 to look at the BWI info now. Happy Friday Planning!

Liz

We've only done WL and AKL. Both were great. My crew preferred WL over AKL but here are the differences.

1. AKL Club requires an elevator ride since the lounge is on a separate floor from the Club Rooms (at least it was for us - my understanding was those are special DVC rooms on the floor with the lounge).

2. Food offerings at AKL were definitely African inspired foods and the crew has a plainer palate.

Now I enjoyed it thoroughly and didn't mind either of those. But those were the differences my crew noted.

I've tried to read every page but I'm running out of time on my lunch break. Have a quick question about the beverages that are offered during the day. My group drinks a LOT of water, are there bottles of water available on the club level? I know you can get water from quick service places but we always have a bottle with us, sometimes refill it with the water from the QS. Trying to do the math of regular room with food vs. club level room. thanks

Thank you, I'll put in a request for a room not too far down the trail and see what happens :)

That was what I was concerned about but seeing as I'll be dining out most evenings I think I'll be OK. I'll spend time in the lounge during the afternoons but apart from that I won't necessarily be there too much and won't be dipping in and out for the food offerings. I think if I wasn't spending time dining at other resorts and spending more time enjoying the food offerings I might not be so relaxed about it lol

I totally agree that the AKL CL lounge isn't as conveniently located as some other CL lounges. For my family, the ambiance of the lounge, the unique food offerings, the great CMs, and the great views from the rooms makes up for some of that long walk. We have had a really, really long walk to the BC CL lounge (I think we had the 2nd to last room), one that definitely felt farther than the ones we have had at AKL.

I know to tip mousekeeping each day. For 4 of us is $5 a day good? What do you tip for the turn down service? What if your out of your room all day and don't come back before turn down to leave out a tip? How does that turn down service work?
Thank you

:tinker:Hi everyone :wave2:

I'm so excited! I finally was able to make our FP+s the other night! That was my first experience with MDE and FP+, so I'm glad that I was able to work them in nicely around our ADRs for each day. :surfweb:

Yesterday I emailed IPO and asked them about the chair and umbrella rental area at Typhoon Lagoon, and I also requested that a bottle of champagne along with an anniversary card from Mickey and Minnie be delivered to our room on our first day. We love to make Mimosas with OJ from the lounge while we're getting ready in the mornings!

They replied today with the price for the chairs/umbrella at Typhoon Lagoon and that they will make the reservation for us; and they also will have a bottle of bubbly and a card delivered to our room. 58 days to go, it's really feeling "real" now! I can't wait. :sunny:

What is the consensus of online check-in when staying CL? Any particular pros or cons?? Thanks :)

:tinker:Hi everyone :wave2:

I'm so excited! I finally was able to make our FP+s the other night! That was my first experience with MDE and FP+, so I'm glad that I was able to work them in nicely around our ADRs for each day. :surfweb:

Yesterday I emailed IPO and asked them about the chair and umbrella rental area at Typhoon Lagoon, and I also requested that a bottle of champagne along with an anniversary card from Mickey and Minnie be delivered to our room on our first day. We love to make Mimosas with OJ from the lounge while we're getting ready in the mornings!

They replied today with the price for the chairs/umbrella at Typhoon Lagoon and that they will make the reservation for us; and they also will have a bottle of bubbly and a card delivered to our room. 58 days to go, it's really feeling "real" now! I can't wait. :sunny:

What are your dates? We are at BC CL. August 20-31. Made my FP+ the other day. Doesn't it make it seem more real now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter