Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Hi! We are planning for a February 2021 trip with our 3 kids who will be 10, 7, and 5 when we go. We want to stay Club Level and we're trying to decide between a Boardwalk Deluxe CL Room or a Wilderness Lodge Deluxe CL Room. BW is our clear winner based on location, because it would be great to just be able to walk so many places...but my concern is that I'm not sure I'll like the decor. It seems like it's been a long time since it was updated and I'm worried I'll be really frustrated about paying so much for a rundown hotel room. But, maybe the environment is so wonderful that it feels fresh and I'll love it! Wilderness Lodge would be a guaranteed win on decor because I like the new refresh, but we've stayed there before (loved it, but I wanted to try something new on this next trip), and transportation is more of an issue.

What do you think? Does the CM kindness and location of Boardwalk overcome the outdated rooms, or is the fresh update at Wilderness Lodge enough to make the location worthwhile.
Honestly, the Boardwalk Deluxe rooms feel bigger, even with the couch pulled out to make a bed. At WL the pulled out couch pretty much takes up the entire living room. And the view from the patio ( we were on the first floor with a water view) could be seen from standing up only. Be sure to research the balcony sizes at BWI before you make a request, if that’s where you decide to stay! I did like that there was a second sink in the WL room. We had 3 kids & 4 adults when we were there & the closed off bedroom afforded more privacy than BWI.
I personally prefer MK resorts just because it’s such a pain to get to MK otherwise, but I think BWI will meet your family’s needs perfectly!

So we have a trip planned May 13-16 but I’m still nervous it might not happen. I have a trip scheduled August 29-September 2. Seriously thinking about upgrading that reservation to CL. Both stays are at BWI. I checked and there is availability for a CL room in August. And for $1k more it seems like not a bad deal! So questions-

1. Should I just go ahead and upgrade to CL In August before availability disappears? I can make changes online so no long holds on line

2. Never stayed CL - is it worth it? Will I get spoiled??? Looks amazing!!

3. What are the hours of operation of the lounge at BWI? When do they put out food?

AngiTN - I used to read everything you wrote about Disney and it helped me so much planning my first trip. Any input you could give would be greatly appreciated!!!

I’ll continue to scroll back thru the 100’s of posts on this thread to try and find some answers. Thanks!
I booked my cl room for October. So many people are moving trips I’m afraid availability will be limited to none.

I hate paying rack but I really want cl for this trip.

I also booked Mem weekend in case wdw actually reopens sometime,

I've booked a June trip in case the May one is a no-go. GDT CL. Love that place!
I wish the AP rates would be extended for the fall. I'm itching to book then!! Like you, it kills me to book rack rate, and I never do, but this might just be a time when we have to, to be assured of availability.

Im beginning to have CL remorse. I recently upgraded a standard room to standard CL au BWI. Just last night I went into MDE to see if the regular room was still available and of course it wasn’t. Not even sure why I looked! I think it’s because this is my FD reservation (end of August) and I’m just afraid there’ll be sooo much food! Please remind me how excited I should be to stay CL!!!

Im beginning to have CL remorse. I recently upgraded a standard room to standard CL au BWI. Just last night I went into MDE to see if the regular room was still available and of course it wasn’t. Not even sure why I looked! I think it’s because this is my FD reservation (end of August) and I’m just afraid there’ll be sooo much food! Please remind me how excited I should be to stay CL!!!
CL is great and it will spoil you for future stays but along with free dining that is without a doubt too much food! I would do one or the other but not both. And with free dining your already paying rack rate. I would keep stalking the site and try to get a standard room back. Or if we are lucky maybe Disney will release discounts for end of August and you can get a room only discount on your CL level room. That would be your best option IMHO.

CL is great and it will spoil you for future stays but along with free dining that is without a doubt too much food! I would do one or the other but not both. And with free dining your already paying rack rate. I would keep stalking the site and try to get a standard room back. Or if we are lucky maybe Disney will release discounts for end of August and you can get a room only discount on your CL level room. That would be your best option IMHO.

yes - this. I know I would not be let down with CL but then just started getting overwhelmed by food!! I’ll keep looking for a room to pop back up or for discounts. My original plan was to make a bounce back reservation during my May trip for September and cancel the August trip all together but now I’m not sure we will go in May. If worse comes to worse I found flights that would get us into MCO by 6:30am and depart via DME at 7:30 pm so I would definitely make use of the lounge with all the extra hours! That’s correct right? That I have access to the lounge before my room is ready and after we check out til midnight??

yes - this. I know I would not be let down with CL but then just started getting overwhelmed by food!! I’ll keep looking for a room to pop back up or for discounts. My original plan was to make a bounce back reservation during my May trip for September and cancel the August trip all together but now I’m not sure we will go in May. If worse comes to worse I found flights that would get us into MCO by 6:30am and depart via DME at 7:30 pm so I would definitely make use of the lounge with all the extra hours! That’s correct right? That I have access to the lounge before my room is ready and after we check out til midnight??

Yes, you'd have access all day of arrival and all day of your departure - more likely it'll be to 9PM or 10PM when they close the lounge! Not midnight!

Oops! Yes! Until the lounge closes lol! So I looked and still no standard rooms available at BWI. BUT they do have rooms available at YC and BWV for a little less than my original reservation (before I added CL). With FD maybe I SHOULD save my CL first time to another trip and NOT get the DDP... on the bright side we’ve only ever stayed at BWI so maybe this would get me out of my comfort zone!! Thanks all!

Do the Poly CL vets think the bungalows significantly impact views from Theme Park View rooms to where it wouldn’t be worth it? It’s the only thing that makes me hesitate to pull the trigger on it.

The thought of having the Twilight Feast on our balcony watching HEA was pretty much what got me through a horrendous day of work today.

Do the Poly CL vets think the bungalows significantly impact views from Theme Park View rooms to where it wouldn’t be worth it? It’s the only thing that makes me hesitate to pull the trigger on it.

The thought of having the Twilight Feast on our balcony watching HEA was pretty much what got me through a horrendous day of work today.
@GADisneyDad14 often gets tpv. Often 3rd floor but can get 2nd which doesn’t have a balcony.

The view from his pix looks amazing!

However I prefer the lagoon view and request 1st floor. There is something about not having any rails blocking your view that is nice. I have had many on the side and at least from one spot on your patio you can see the castle .

I just booked poly lv cl. I have 2 favs , that and gf rpc.

If desperate move the rolling table under the desk in front of the window and enjoy the feast, sometimes the weather does get in the way!

Because BW club level is one of the best on property. The cast members are some of the best on property and the convenience of the lounge is it’s own plus. It is nice to be able to get out of the room and relax in the lounge when you don’t feel like being other places.

:thumbsup2

This is 1505 August /September 2019

Beautiful views....makes me wish I was there now :cloud9:.

What @trishadono said. :-)

I don't find the bungalows bothersome - I only had a 1 or 2 trips before they were built so it's pretty much all I've known. The bigger "issue" (if you want to call it that) with the TPV room category is the chance you may be on the 2nd floor with no balcony. I've stayed in this view category more than any other resort/room types at Disney and I've mostly been on the third floor, but a few times I've been on the second (and to be honest, it wasn't all that bad, but I do prefer an outdoor space if I had a choice in the matter).

Some various examples from a TPV room. 3506 (I think)

They do block a bit of the EWP but most of the main part of EWP first "comes on" there to the left where you have a good view.

3507 (those palm trees on the left aren't there now)

2505 (second floor, no balcony) (those palm trees in the grass are not there now).

Same room, just a regular photo instead of panorama.

Unlike others, I dont think it's too much food. Even with CL we do 1 sit down a day. We also do Yachtsman every trip and sometimes another signature on top of that. If you enjoy sit downs, it won't be too much food. You may have snacks m/qdleft ( we always came home with goodies regardless of CL) but it should be fine. We are 4 disney adults and the math for FD usually works out better for us then room only. It also depends on what discount is offered . I'm booked at WL in August. It wasn't during FD and it's only a 10% discount. That's like 400 on my cl. 1 meal at Yachtsman lol. FD would be a lot more since we do 1ts a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter