Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Will you have checked out that morning? Or will you be out of the Disney resorts for a day or longer? If that is the case, I don’t believe you will be able to use ME. You are still considered a guest until midnight of your check out day. Past that you are no longer a WDW resort guest & not entitled to those benefits any longer, including DME.

So I just saw the first post, looks like this would be several days after check out. DME probably won’t be an option. You might need to Uber to the airport or rent from 1 location, return to airport site.
You are correct. We won’t be a resort guest for a few days. Taking an Uber or returning the car at the airport (provided that is an option) is probably what we will need to do.

:wave2:
Hi everyone! I'm not sure if this is the best/most appropriate place to ask this question, but I thought I'd try! My husband and I stayed CL at GF a couple years ago on our babymoon, and it was amaaaaaaazing. We barely went into the parks and I wouldn't have minded skipping them completely. So my question is....is there another destination that we could consider rather than Disney to capture that feeling of CL? We're in TN, if that helps. We love (LOVE) Disney, but I thought another location might be a bit more cost effective if we were just interested in the CL-esque experience, rather than the Disney one.
Thanks!

Thanks for this! I looked this AM and they were still back, and then there was even a water view room available at the YC that hadn’t been there before with the AP discount. So I gave up CL (boo!), but I saved $350 while still being walking distance to DHS for the SWGE previews. Since we won’t be in the room a ton I just couldn’t justify that price difference for CL. I’m just happy to be going, and staying in the Epcot resort area is a bonus!
Yeah! So glad you got it at a discount! We've been tracking the fluctuating AP weekend rates going from discounted to rack rate to discounted, to rack rate for months now, in the AP discount thread (see my signature). it's definitely on purpose. Disney trying to make it seem like the discount is gone, trying to get people to book (and keep) rack rate.

For you or anyone else, when looking at the AP rates, verify that the weekends are discounted. If they are not, keep checking. They usually get discounted again after a few days.

Here are some pics from the 2-bedroom with Club Level Access at AKL. It was HUGE.
  • It’s a 1-bedroom unit that connects to a regular room with 2 queens.
  • Room with 2 queens is exactly the same as the rest of the rooms at AKL.
  • The 1-bedroom has a bedroom with a king-size bed, closet and a comfy reading chair.
  • It has a master bathroom with double sinks, closed toilet, huge shower, bathtub and vanity area.
  • Living room has a pull out couch, chairs, a dining table with 4 chairs, a kitchenette with fridge, microwave and keurig.
  • There’s also a half bath next to the kitchenette and another closet.
  • Two balconies total, including one that is double-length.
  • Everything was nicely themed.
  • These are located at the very end of the Zebra hallway (last door).

Attachments

• 2B9F1285-12A4-4079-A9E4-C90614D36BFC.jpeg
    2B9F1285-12A4-4079-A9E4-C90614D36BFC.jpeg
    64.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 2E47E88F-CE87-45A7-8E05-F49E626F6DE8.jpeg
    2E47E88F-CE87-45A7-8E05-F49E626F6DE8.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 37
  • D40A4797-ABEC-4800-99B1-1E0C3F63C33A.jpeg
    D40A4797-ABEC-4800-99B1-1E0C3F63C33A.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 37
  • 568770B7-F3CC-446E-BABF-EDF63D3EACEF.jpeg
    568770B7-F3CC-446E-BABF-EDF63D3EACEF.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 10688188-DE08-4B93-B55D-751A415E0DD3.jpeg
    10688188-DE08-4B93-B55D-751A415E0DD3.jpeg
    87 KB · Views: 38
  • 3599121F-98C8-4148-AAEA-7A8CBDF35C8F.jpeg
    3599121F-98C8-4148-AAEA-7A8CBDF35C8F.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 56B99574-6E31-41CD-98C2-97F7E73CD73E.jpeg
    56B99574-6E31-41CD-98C2-97F7E73CD73E.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 37
  • B2731841-66E8-4931-8DD8-1088D99558B1.jpeg
    B2731841-66E8-4931-8DD8-1088D99558B1.jpeg
    91.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 7E17405E-2D00-43BC-AF20-A064662F30D6.jpeg
    7E17405E-2D00-43BC-AF20-A064662F30D6.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

The menu offerings at AKL were very tasty. I don’t think this has changed this year, but reposting:

Attachments

• 18C3DB28-7208-46F3-BFB4-6FF38C4BADED.jpeg
    18C3DB28-7208-46F3-BFB4-6FF38C4BADED.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 96E1F593-CFDB-4041-9036-720E1702F437.jpeg
    96E1F593-CFDB-4041-9036-720E1702F437.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 56
  • D9780BBE-2D60-4DD2-9257-B32ADF04862B.jpeg
    D9780BBE-2D60-4DD2-9257-B32ADF04862B.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 6410322D-E67D-4221-9787-76629714C2F3.jpeg
    6410322D-E67D-4221-9787-76629714C2F3.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 56
  • DAA0319D-6311-4B5A-A269-88D69E9540E2.jpeg
    DAA0319D-6311-4B5A-A269-88D69E9540E2.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 59
  • E712E8B6-930A-4D51-9396-094B49BF1F02.jpeg
    E712E8B6-930A-4D51-9396-094B49BF1F02.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 55
  • E2A4127E-A1CB-46C1-9CD9-2DD4FC71522D.jpeg
    E2A4127E-A1CB-46C1-9CD9-2DD4FC71522D.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 2EF73329-762B-4451-8B48-8076E3D084C1.jpeg
    2EF73329-762B-4451-8B48-8076E3D084C1.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 54
  • CFE39113-25C8-4C53-A4F5-6715449048C4.jpeg
    CFE39113-25C8-4C53-A4F5-6715449048C4.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 50
What didnt you like about GF SL? I will probably nix it anyway because I'm the only one who seems to like the resort.

I didn't like the overall atmosphere. I like spending time in the lounge and I didn't find SL to be very comfortable/relaxing. I also don't like that the lounge is located in the center of the SL building with no windows/views. I think the SL building is in a great location for those who spend a lot of time at the courtyard pool as it's just steps away (making it easy to grab drinks/snacks), but I don't think it's a great choice for those who like to take advantage of the lounge for downtime/relaxing (just my opinion/view).

I just realized that the first MNSSHP is that night! I know it will be crazy, since it's the first one, but regardless I never thought I would be able to go this year so we're going to go and just have the attitude that we won't get to do as much since it will be so busy. That makes skipping CL make even more sense, since we won't be in the room much at all and the price difference will pay for the tickets :-)

Sounds like it'll be a great last minute trip! :yay:

We never do dvc because I would need a 2 bedroom and I prefer cl. My kids won't sleep on pull out couches, it's not worth listening to them complain.

We are the same way! My boys will not sleep on a pull out and I've gotten spoiled by CL lately so it's hard to give that up ;).

Here are some pics from the 2-bedroom with Club Level Access at AKL. It was HUGE.

Love the pics, thanks so much for sharing! Hope you had a great time :goodvibes.

For wine, there were 4 Indaba wines available at AKL:
Chenin Blanc
Chardonnay
Merlot
Red Blend

This is in addition to the signature cocktails (on request) and beers.

Food was delicious. We enjoyed the soups (at lunch) and stews and hummus in the evenings, and the falafel on Saturday night was yummy.

CMs worked very hard to keep the lounge replenished and clean. I particularly liked there was a spot on top of the trash to put your used plates and cups. Of course, some people just get up and leave the tables full of their dirty plates behind. Seriously people, it takes 30 seconds to bus your table.

CMs were wonderful. We enjoyed chatting with them. They made my DD’s birthday a very special one. The upgrade to 2-bedroom was really special. As far as I can tell, there are only 4 of these units. They are at the very end of the hall, so can be a bit of a walk for someone with mobility issues. It never even crossed our minds that we would be upgraded; we’ve celebrated many milestones at WDW and it’s not a common thing to occur.

We would heartily recommend AKL.

Once your browser gets a non-US cookie it always wants to use that one, vs the US cookie. I guess the system reads them alphabetically ?
No idea about that but if you go in and search for all the Disney based cookies on your browser you can find the culprit and delete it, or just do what I do and delete them all. Disney cookies. I don’t like to delete ALL cookies and some I actually want. Some aren’t as “naughty” as MDE cookies.

I have deleted the Disney cookies and All cookies a few times to fix this, but I somehow become an honorary Canadian again shortly thereafter. Thankfully, once I switch to USA, it at least holds it for that entire session, so I just need to remember to switch to the U.S. version if I am looking for discounts. It could be much worse, but it is still annoying.

My question doesn’t have to do with CL, but this thread has been amazing with getting questions answered!!! We are going down the week of thanksgiving and staying at CSR Tower CL. We will only be at Disney for 3 days, and then we head to my MILs house for the holiday. If I can find decent airfare, we will probably fly. When we are finished at Disney we will need a rental car to get to the villages. I have never done this before. How would I get a car? Is it possible to use Magic Express to get back to the airport to rent a car on our checkout day?
In my experience, I have never found any good rates at any of the off-airport locations. Then you'd also have to deal with the logistics of getting to/from those locations,which takes time.

When renting, you CAN look up rates where you pick up at hotel ocation, then return to airport- but again- if you do, your rate will be higher than if you just pick up a car fromm MCO and return to MCO.

While you could take ME back to the airport to pick up the rental car for just the last few days, IMO, it would not be worth all the time it would take. the drive alone - if not traffic - is over 30minutes each way. Plus time for the ME bus to load and unload. As others have said, you can't use ME after check out day.

Whereas, if you just pick up a rental car on your first day- you'll gain at least an hour over taking ME on your arrival day, ad you'll get a weekly rental rate.

While you'd have to pay for hotel parking, you'll also gain access to a car while on WDW property. Much of the time, driving around WDW is quite a bit faster than taking the buses.

Last edited:
An I understanding this correctly?

If I want CL Signature Services to assist with booking FP for an upcoming CL trip, and I'm not using the extra paid 90-day FPs, I'm in the mix with other guests who try to get FPs at the 60 day mark? And FP eligibility opens up each day 6/7AM but the Signature Services office doesn't open up until 9AM? So hard to get FPs like Avatar or 7DMT would be gone or reduced by the time that SS even starts to book my FPs?

An I understanding this correctly?

If I want CL Signature Services to assist with booking FP for an upcoming CL trip, and I'm not using the extra paid 90-day FPs, I'm in the mix with other guests who try to get FPs at the 60 day mark? And FP eligibility opens up each day 6/7AM but the Signature Services office doesn't open up until 9AM? So hard to get FPs like Avatar or 7DMT would be gone or reduced by the time that SS even starts to book my FPs?

You are generally on the right track with your thinking, with a few tweaks.

FP booking opens at 7am ET daily. Yes, DSS opens at 9am ET daily. If you have DSS book your FPs, you’re at the mercy of when they pick up your file and start working on it that day.

Unless you are physically going to be away from a computer/traveling/etc, most folks are generally not going to utilize DSS for FP booking and would rather do it themselves, particularly if hard-to-get FPs like SDD and FoP are targets.

From time to time around here you’ll read success/“I got everything I wanted” posts, but using them for FP booking takes the direct control element out of the equation, which to me is uncomfortable!

I have deleted the Disney cookies and All cookies a few times to fix this, but I somehow become an honorary Canadian again shortly thereafter. Thankfully, once I switch to USA, it at least holds it for that entire session, so I just need to remember to switch to the U.S. version if I am looking for discounts. It could be much worse, but it is still annoying.
Wonder if you are clicking a link stored somewhere on your browser that is a CDN link and you don't even realize it?
That's what I was doing since I'm bad about using the first link that populates when I start to type in the address bar. One of those was a CDN link and I kept clicking back to it. Took me ages to realize it.

:wave2:
Hi everyone! I'm not sure if this is the best/most appropriate place to ask this question, but I thought I'd try! My husband and I stayed CL at GF a couple years ago on our babymoon, and it was amaaaaaaazing. We barely went into the parks and I wouldn't have minded skipping them completely. So my question is....is there another destination that we could consider rather than Disney to capture that feeling of CL? We're in TN, if that helps. We love (LOVE) Disney, but I thought another location might be a bit more cost effective if we were just interested in the CL-esque experience, rather than the Disney one.
Thanks!

A number of hotels offer this kind of service. For a start, the Universal deluxe hotels have this, as do a number of offsite Orlando hotels.

Beyond that, many full service hotels offer a Club level. Many full service Marriotts (and their higher end brands) have a club level - BUT- the ones in the Orlando area do NOT have a club level. Many European hotels offer a CL.

If you want a nice hotel for visiting that has CL, consider the Henry in Dearborn, Michigan. While not near to you, flights to Detroit are often pretty inexpensive, and Dearborn has many fun things to see, including the Henry Ford Museum/Greenfield Village.

I can't say if you will feel they offer the same kind of experience as GF. At some hotels, I'd say the CL is more continental breakfast and appetizers than the amount of food offered at GF. At some hotels the lounge is only open on weekdays.

If you go for a real high end hotel with a concierge level, you'll likely get something as good as or better than WDW's CL. Like Ritz-Carlton and Four Seasons CL rooms, for example. I don't know if Omni has club level, but they are pretty high end for every guest, and offer an optional included breakfast. Offseason is the time to find low rates if you just want to hang at the hotel.

If it is just included breakfast you want, some Hampton Inns are very nice. Some are more middle of the road. The new Residence Inn near Universal is rather nice. Some older Residence Inns are not as nice, but that one is very clean, new, nice. While the room rate didn't include alcohol (as CL does), they do have a bar. It isn't quite as fancy as GF though.

Last edited:
FP booking opens at 7am ET daily. Yes, DSS opens at 9am ET daily. If you have DSS book your FPs, you’re at the mercy of when they pick up your file and start working on it that day.

Unless you are physically going to be away from a computer/traveling/etc, most folks are generally not going to utilize DSS for FP booking and would rather do it themselves, particularly if hard-to-get FPs like SDD and FoP are targets.

I literally came to this thread to ask the same as @Chumpieboy
So it sounds like I shouldn't bother with using DSS for 60-day FPs? Or can I use DSS as backup? They got all the ADRs (and BBB) I asked for, but I went and got a couple for some other ideas I have. Could I try my best at 7am on my FP 60 days out date, but know they'll have a go, too? They might catch something I didn't get, maybe if other people shift theirs around? My goal is to not have to spend forever stalking FPs, but also getting ones I want on the day I want them. I don't want to have to change ADRs to accommodate FPs if it can be helped.
Also if you put in a request, is it merely "SDD on March 3," or is it "SDD on March 3, between 9-11am" level of specificity?

So both of you used Plum Benefits and had no problem linking? My husband has Plum Benefits as well through his job and I'm very nervous having him order them vs. going direct through Disney.
I renewed my ticket in time. It was the guest ticket for me . I was able to link and book fp without issues.

I literally came to this thread to ask the same as @Chumpieboy
So it sounds like I shouldn't bother with using DSS for 60-day FPs? Or can I use DSS as backup? They got all the ADRs (and BBB) I asked for, but I went and got a couple for some other ideas I have. Could I try my best at 7am on my FP 60 days out date, but know they'll have a go, too? They might catch something I didn't get, maybe if other people shift theirs around? My goal is to not have to spend forever stalking FPs, but also getting ones I want on the day I want them. I don't want to have to change ADRs to accommodate FPs if it can be helped.
Also if you put in a request, is it merely "SDD on March 3," or is it "SDD on March 3, between 9-11am" level of specificity?
If you are going to do it yourself there is no reason to send your requests to DSS. They have access to the exact same inventory you do and another person in the mix trying to book or move your FPs could result in mixups.

Like others I have not had DSS book my FP as I’m too much of a control freak- even though I HATE booking FPs at freaking 4am PST. If they didn’t get something I wanted I would never stop kicking myself that I didn’t try when booking opened.

Fwiw I did use DSS once for booking my dining as well, they got everything I wanted for my week long stay except BOG was two or three hours away from what I had wanted I think. I was somewhere over the Pacific Ocean when my booking window opened so DSS opened before I would have had a chance to try. It was nice to land to the email of all my dining being booked not gonna lie! I’m tempted to try DSS booking FPs for my Epcot days as they did the dining fine in the past but I just can’t let go of even that easy FP park.

We just returned from our second stay at YC CL this month(!) and it was just as fabulous as our first stay!

Funny thing is we stayed the exact same days as earlier this month (Thurs-Sunday) and the food was nearly identical, so I do wish we would've been able to stay different nights to compare different offerings. But I simply can't say enough about the 5-7pm food offerings. I posted more detailed pics and comments earlier this month in this thread, so I won't repeat much. One night when a guest was getting a glass of wine, he said to the CM there is enough food for a full dinner and the CM replied "that's our goal" with a smile.

We booked a standard view room this time (earlier this month we had a water view). My only request was a daybed, which we got. We did not have a balcony but had 2 large windows, which nowadays is fine with us. Our shower was not the walk-in shower like earlier this month - it was the tub/shower combo. Our room was sort of in a corner so felt larger.

Room 5163 Standard View.
View to the right:
view to right.png

View to the left:
view to left.png

View straight ahead:
view straight ahead.png

Inside room:
larger room.png

Shower:
shower.png

Reisling is still alive and kicking at YC. Love the little anchor on the glass!
reisling.png

Some food:
Meatball subs, chili, bacon-wrapped scallops, various salads all in one night.
food1.png

A different night: Awesome Salmon that kept being replenished. The mozzarella salad was the small-plated item on this night. I believe they had little seafood sandwiches too. Otherwise, everything is served in large platters/pans and it's really impossible to leave the YC hungry!
food2.png

We did a lot of walking in and out of Epcot and HS. The gondolas were doing test runs every day!
gondola testing.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter