Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Have a great time! Love the pics :goodvibes.

Gorgeous!!!! Heading over now - going to the lobby first before dinner - will you be around?!!

Have a great time and enjoy RPC :cloud9:.

DSS called this morning to introduce their services, 1 month out from our 180 booking window.

Enjoy the planning :).

@mrsap and @TJA the GF photos are wonderful and so appreciated!! Thank you!:flower:

::yes::

We are at YC CL. We checked in yesterday. So far, we are having a wonderful time! When we arrived, we learned that our assigned room had to be taken out of service so we were upgraded to lagoon view from standard. Yeah! CMs have been very friendly and helpful when needed but not intrusive. Last night during evening apps, what appeared to be the chef came around passing a beef crostini with onion jam; it was good! Other CMs were coming around to the tables asking if anyone needed drink refills and carrying the wine bottles for top offs. We’ve also used the Minnie Van; loved that! We are here until Wednesday and couldn’t be happier.

Cl in animal kingdom lodge is awful
Afternoon tea they had
Mini hard scones ( no butter, no cream, no jam offered)
Mini peanut cake
Rice Krispie treat

That’s it
Nothing else, no crisps or gummy sweets or anything, just three plates and that’s it. Cold drinks fridge is always near empty

Breakfast was terrible also begals , cereal, croissants, 1 type of cheese, 1 type of salami, oat meal and quinoa
They didn’t even have different breads to toast just the begals

Oh and dinner time last night 5-7pm not very much to choose from. There was raw veg and dips, a bowl of chicken nuggets. Some cheese and crackers, and a woman making up African stew

Dessert time they had 3 plates again Rice Krispie treats, peanut cake, granola bars and choc pudding

I wanted a glass of wine at 8pm during the dessert time and I felt like I was trying to score drugs trying to get a glass of wine of the hostess. They don’t leave out a selection of wines and beers you have to go haggle one of the servers. They have to go in the back to get you the glass of wine

This is such a difference between the sugar loaf cl in gf
Gf SL cl had stacks of selections throughout he day plenty of variety and lots to try and eat and alcohol on display so you could choose

Afternoon tea they had
Mini peanut cake
Rice Krispie treat

That’s it
Nothing else, no crisps or gummy sweets or anything, just three plates and that’s it. Cold drinks fridge is always near empty

Breakfast was terrible also begals , cereal, croissants, 1 type of cheese, 1 type of salami, oat meal and quinoa

Oh and dinner time last night 5-7pm not very much to choose from. There was raw veg and dips, a bowl of chicken nuggets. Some cheese and crackers, and a woman making up African stew

Dessert time they had 3 plates again Rice Krispie treats, peanut cake, granola bars and choc pudding

I wanted a glass of wine at 8pm during the dessert time and I felt like I was trying to score drugs trying to get a glass of wine of the hostess. They don’t leave out a selection of wines and beers you have to go haggle one of the servers. They have to go in the back to get you the glass of wine

Gf SL cl had stacks of selections throughout he day plenty of variety and lots to try and eat and alcohol on display so you could choose

I'm sorry you're not enjoying CL at AKL but your experience echoes much of what we experienced at Easter. It's such a shame because AKL is such a beautiful resort but the CL leaves a lot to be desired. The lounge is lovely however we wouldn't return to CL here. I agree with you - SL is fabulous and we're returning again in summer. The CMs here can't do enough to make your stay enjoyable.

Hopefully your trip will get better. I'm counting down to a return in a few weeks to our CL stay at the BWI - so excited!

We are at YC CL. We checked in yesterday. So far, we are having a wonderful time! When we arrived, we learned that our assigned room had to be taken out of service so we were upgraded to lagoon view from standard. Yeah! CMs have been very friendly and helpful when needed but not intrusive. Last night during evening apps, what appeared to be the chef came around passing a beef crostini with onion jam; it was good! Other CMs were coming around to the tables asking if anyone needed drink refills and carrying the wine bottles for top offs. We’ve also used the Minnie Van; loved that! We are here until Wednesday and couldn’t be happier.

Thank you for the YC report! I’ll be there for a few nights around NYE and it’s only my second CL experience at WDW. I’d seen some negative reviews of the Regatta Club so it’s good to see a positive report. Enjoy the upgraded view!

Afternoon tea they had
Mini peanut cake
Rice Krispie treat

That’s it

Sorry to hear you had a negative experience. Was this on one day, or was it like this across multiple days? The afternoon tea offerings seem consistent with what they had back in March, except they did have cream, butter, and jam for the scones then. Did you ask a CM if they had some that maybe they forgot to set out? Usually the chips, pretzels, breads, and other snacks are out during the midday offering period from 11:30-3. If you arrived in the lounge after 3, those items would have been put away already. The evening offering (which is not meant to be a “dinner”) also sounds consistent with the offerings from back in March - a couple of hot/more substantial items accompanied by crudités, bread, and cheeses.

I do agree that the non-self-serve alcohol situation is less convenient. Most of the time, the CMs didn’t seem to mind going in the back to get a glass of wine. There were a few instances when I had to wait a while (not a crazy long time, maybe five minutes) to find an available CM.

Did you talk with a concierge CM about your concerns? There may be some things they could note and try to take care of in the following days (if your stay isn’t already over), like making sure there are accompaniments out for the scones during afternoon tea.

Thank you for the YC report! I’ll be there for a few nights around NYE and it’s only my second CL experience at WDW. I’d seen some negative reviews of the Regatta Club so it’s good to see a positive report. Enjoy the upgraded view!

Sorry to hear you had a negative experience. Was this on one day, or was it like this across multiple days? The afternoon tea offerings seem consistent with what they had back in March, except they did have cream, butter, and jam for the scones then. Did you ask a CM if they had some that maybe they forgot to set out? Usually the chips, pretzels, breads, and other snacks are out during the midday offering period from 11:30-3. If you arrived in the lounge after 3, those items would have been put away already. The evening offering (which is not meant to be a “dinner”) also sounds consistent with the offerings from back in March - a couple of hot/more substantial items accompanied by crudités, bread, and cheeses.

I do agree that the non-self-serve alcohol situation is less convenient. Most of the time, the CMs didn’t seem to mind going in the back to get a glass of wine. There were a few instances when I had to wait a while (not a crazy long time, maybe five minutes) to find an available CM.

Did you talk with a concierge CM about your concerns? There may be some things they could note and try to take care of in the following days (if your stay isn’t already over), like making sure there are accompaniments out for the scones during afternoon tea.

I thought there’s no point as I have a peanut allergy and Got a I can’t be bothered to help you, when I explained I had a peanut allergy and that there was no labels to say wot things were and could someone please tell me if there was any peanut ingreadients in things
So thought if they can’t be bothered with a peanut allergy question there’s no point asking for cream or jam or butter for the little hard lumps of scones

I understand your concerns about the recent reviews. I saw the same comments and was not sure what to expect. But I decided to not share what I’d read with DH and just wait and see. So far, he’s been very impressed. I did the same with the new pet policy; I didn’t tell DH about that either and so far we’ve seen only one very very small non-service dog (I think..). Right now we are enjoying our second night of evening apps and the helpfulness of the CMs continues. Again, a CM has been moving through the lounge offering wine refills. Plates are cleared from tables fairly quickly. The lounge is small but there seems to be enough room for everyone who wants a seat/table. Oh, and I forgot to mention earlier that we got turn down service last night with two kinds of chocolate (coins and a small box). We didn’t request this so it seems standard practice. Perhaps YC management has heard about the complaints and stepped up their game?

I thought there’s no point as I have a peanut allergy and Got a I can’t be bothered to help you, when I explained I had a peanut allergy and that there was no labels to say wot things were and could someone please tell me if there was any peanut ingreadients in things
So thought if they can’t be bothered with a peanut allergy question there’s no point asking for cream or jam or butter for the little hard lumps of scones

Yikes! Now that’s downright unacceptable. If you’re still there, I recommend asking for management. They should be more than willing to accommodate food allergies.

That is so wrong. There probably have a book with all the ingredients, I've seen it at other places so the AKL should have one as well. Usually the chef comes to talk to you.

I understand your concerns about the recent reviews. I saw the same comments and was not sure what to expect. But I decided to not share what I’d read with DH and just wait and see. So far, he’s been very impressed. I did the same with the new pet policy; I didn’t tell DH about that either and so far we’ve seen only one very very small non-service dog (I think..). Right now we are enjoying our second night of evening apps and the helpfulness of the CMs continues. Again, a CM has been moving through the lounge offering wine refills. Plates are cleared from tables fairly quickly. The lounge is small but there seems to be enough room for everyone who wants a seat/table. Oh, and I forgot to mention earlier that we got turn down service last night with two kinds of chocolate (coins and a small box). We didn’t request this so it seems standard practice. Perhaps YC management has heard about the complaints and stepped up their game?

We love the Regatta Club, It's #2 on our list right after GF RPC. We were there two nights in October and the first day the tables weren't cleaned up quickly...first time we ever saw that... but the next day everything was back to normal. Everything else was wonderful as usual. Any CL can have an off night. Glad to hear you had turndown. We didn't get it in October, hope it is back to stay. Enjoy the rest of your stay.

Glad you are enjoying your stay. This is the same type of service we had in May: CMs offering refills, chefs checking on the offerings & interacting with the guests. We also like the unobtrusiveness of the CMs. They have always been friendly with a smile & greeting but not bothersome if you don't need anything from them.

Have a wonderful time on the rest of your vacation!

Last edited:
Afternoon tea they had
Mini peanut cake
Rice Krispie treat

That’s it

Sorry to hear your stay isn't going well. There should be a menu screen that rotates near the big TV or by the CM desk that tells you what beer and wine is available, along with speciality drinks. Also this will display the menus for the week. Was it not explained to you when you checked in that there are 4 times when the snacks are changed, sounds like you came at tea time which has the least to offer. We got a little flyer that told us when everything was and what to expect, plus the checking in CM reviewed everything in detail. This was all there just 1 month ago but perhaps it has changed. Also, the chef actually does 2 dishes every night and these are more substantial, so check those out. So if they had the African stew there would have also been falafel, at least that's what is on my picture that I took last month. Also please report your experience to management. If things are not up to par, it's the only way that things will change.

There was a shift in management at AKL over the summer. @aneka I’m so sorry to hear that apparently the Club Level service has deteriorated, but I’m actually not surprised (unfortunately).

I don’t want to encourage nit-picking, but you have legitimate issues which I hope you will speak to management about. I would also implore you to send an email to Disney detailing your experience. They do follow up on communications, both negative and positive feedback.

We are spending a lot of money for these Club Level vacations and we deserve the experience and level of service we have come to expect from Disney. If we don’t voice our concerns and displeasure, there won’t be any reason for them to improve.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter