Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to the Dis Boards and have a CBR question, so forgive me if I am not in the right place. I am planning to surprise my son with a quick trip mid-June. I want to stay in a Pirate Room becuase he would think that would be really cool, but I also would like a prefered room close to the main pool and food courts. Where are the Pirate rooms located? From what I have seen, are they all in South Trinidad? Or are there others throught the other countries?
Only Trinidad South :(

New to the Dis Boards and have a CBR question, so forgive me if I am not in the right place. I am planning to surprise my son with a quick trip mid-June. I want to stay in a Pirate Room becuase he would think that would be really cool, but I also would like a prefered room close to the main pool and food courts. Where are the Pirate rooms located? From what I have seen, are they all in South Trinidad? Or are there others throught the other countries?

None in the other villages! However, Jamaica is heaven if you don't pick a Pirate Themed room!

Call the main reservation line and add any room requests to your reservation.

407-W-DISNEY

No need to fax then.

You can do online check in, just skip the room request section.

Every single WDW resort deals with guests making room requests. They enjoy making each trip special for every guest. No worries.
Ok great, thanks for your help!

I called today and had it noted. I however would wait a few more days if I were you. I had a 20 minute wait other people are still reporting hour waits. I needed to add ME to my trip in 2 weeks or I would never have waited.

I also needed to find out what I had to do to use my AP and save my 7 day hopper.
Ok thanks! I do need to call because I still have a reservation at POP for the same dates I need to cancel. When I couldn't get through the other day to change it to free dining, I just booked CBR online. It sounds like I made a good decision; the kids are excited! They're 18 and 20 but love Disney like they are 8 and 10 :P

Cancelling 2 CBR rooms booked with free dining. They are water view and dates are Nov9-18.

I hate to let these go as I was overjoyed that our TA was able to get them.

Just after finding out we were booked with promo we also found out that we are expecting our 9th child. Thrilled but I will be VERY pregnant on the trip so much so that husband thinks it's too much of a risk. I will be 35 weeks along on trip and we were supposed to fly. I have gone 2-3 weeks early the last 5 children in a row.

Commando style with 7 of our other children around the park with 2 weeks to deliver? Wise? Not so much lol

Anyhow, would like travel agent to still receive her commission. Not sure this is even possible but thought she may be able to cancel my ressie and book someone else's immediately. If this interests you pm me and we can pass on your info to her. Will post this on free dining board as well.

Blessings to you all on your vacations. Sad I won't get my first chance to stay with kids on property for free dining but excited God has chosen to give us another blessing!

Interested if still avail. Have my own travel agent but maybe there is a way to work it out!

When we stayed at POR a few years ago, I did a fax for room requests. I had booked a standard but I had asked to be close to a pool, ground floor and can't remember what else (time of the year was later in May). Anyway, they bumped us up to a preferred room. Now we'll be at CBR from Dec. 15-22 for the first time, standard again. Ideally, we want ground floor (due to my husband's knee issues), close to the parking lot (as my husband wants super easy access to our car) and would love close to the main building. Are there any standard rooms that fit those or do you think they might upgrade to an area that fits it? I'm guessing we'll be one of the few people actually wanting a parking lot view. LOL So that may be in our favor.

When we stayed at POR a few years ago, I did a fax for room requests. I had booked a standard but I had asked to be close to a pool, ground floor and can't remember what else (time of the year was later in May). Anyway, they bumped us up to a preferred room. Now we'll be at CBR from Dec. 15-22 for the first time, standard again. Ideally, we want ground floor (due to my husband's knee issues), close to the parking lot (as my husband wants super easy access to our car) and would love close to the main building. Are there any standard rooms that fit those or do you think they might upgrade to an area that fits it? I'm guessing we'll be one of the few people actually wanting a parking lot view. LOL So that may be in our favor.

There will be a bunch of rooms in Jamaica and Aruba that will fit those needs. And there will be some in Martinique but not as many. So I would word your request as ground floor, facing parking lot and X. Where X = Jamaica, Aruba or Martinique depending on your preference.

Hi all! First can I just say that this thread rocks?! I was so nervous about leaving our little POFQ bubble for what I was imagining CBR to be and it looks like a great place to stay!

We just booked 3 rooms, 10 nights for 10/27-11/6 - yay Halloween, Christmas changeover and free dining!

We had to upgrade to pirate rooms to book and the only request we had was that two rooms are connecting and the third is "adjoining" or at least nearby. Now for my questions! :)

What areas are the standard pirate rooms in? And from that, how far of walk is it back to old port royals?

:)What areas are the standard pirate rooms in? And from that, how far of walk is it back to old port royals?

First of all welcome!

The Pirate Themed rooms are all in Trinidad South. So if you look at the map they are the furthest out from OPR and the main pool.

Make sure you check out the first two pages of this thread. They're full of awesome information.

We were fans of POFQ until our first stay at CBR and now we can't go back.

First of all welcome!

The Pirate Themed rooms are all in Trinidad South. So if you look at the map they are the furthest out from OPR and the main pool.

Make sure you check out the first two pages of this thread. They're full of awesome information.

We were fans of POFQ until our first stay at CBR and now we can't go back.
I've heard that this means a 15 minute walk - would you say that is about right? I'm nervous but we were so spoiled by POFQ size!

Random question...for those in pirate rooms...could they check in and ask for downgraded when they got there if anything was available? Would they lose FD?

Here's another question somewhat on the same topic as above. What are people talking about when they say they've been "upgraded?' I see a lot of people post they we're upgraded to different resort groups even, and I don't know what that means.

Here's another question somewhat on the same topic as above. What are people talking about when they say they've been "upgraded?' I see a lot of people post they we're upgraded to different resort groups even, and I don't know what that means.

It means they were upgraded to a higher cost room than they booked without paying the extra $$.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter