Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Any news on the status of the BWV studio refurb? Arriving on the 22nd and hoping to get a refurbed room- will request one, but would be great if they were all done so we don't have to take our chances.
We are here now on the 2nd floor not refurbished room. It appears that at least half of the halls are done, just not the one we happen to be on. We are in a standard view, facing the entrance bridge.

Got my letter. I will be there on 2/28 for the first time since 2011 (was at YC in 2014) but since I'm back again in November I will try to be patient. I am sad about Seashore Sweets.

We are booked for 5/4-5/10 in a 1-bedroom at BWV. Are all the rooms renovated or will they be? We also got the letter of doom shortly after booking and we weren't sure if we should opt for another resort. We've never stayed here but have visited a few times. TIA!

We are booked for 5/4-5/10 in a 1-bedroom at BWV. Are all the rooms renovated or will they be? We also got the letter of doom shortly after booking and we weren't sure if we should opt for another resort. We've never stayed here but have visited a few times. TIA!

No public timeframe on when all the rooms will be done, but you should hopefully be good. I would request a refurbished room just it case. Or ask when you check in. Good luck!

Hi there, gang! My daughter and I will be coming to Disney World on September 11-18, 2016, and I have decided that I am finally going to cave in and stay at Boardwalk! We have never stayed at a Deluxe Resort before, so I am very excited to see the differences between this and the Values. I am really looking forward to the walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, as well!

I apologize if this was covered in this thread already...I looked but didn't see it mentioned :) My only question is how crazy do the buses get? After a somewhat traumatizing bus experience at Pop Century for my little girl, I am hoping that Boardwalk buses won't be as bad. Are the Boardwalk buses usually packed or would be better off using the boats? This is the only thing I am nervous about haha.

Thank you so much in advance!

Hi there, gang! My daughter and I will be coming to Disney World on September 11-18, 2016, and I have decided that I am finally going to cave in and stay at Boardwalk! We have never stayed at a Deluxe Resort before, so I am very excited to see the differences between this and the Values. I am really looking forward to the walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, as well!

I apologize if this was covered in this thread already...I looked but didn't see it mentioned :) My only question is how crazy do the buses get? After a somewhat traumatizing bus experience at Pop Century for my little girl, I am hoping that Boardwalk buses won't be as bad. Are the Boardwalk buses usually packed or would be better off using the boats? This is the only thing I am nervous about haha.

You can take the boat to Epcot and HS. You will need to take the bus to MK, AK, and Disney Springs. The buses can get crowded in the morning and later at night. I've never had a problem but I don't mind if I have to stand.

One of the best things about staying at the BWI/BWV is the walk to EPCOT and DHS. You can always choose the boats, but we find that we make better time walking and enjoy the relaxing walk back.

Buses to and from MK and AK can be challenging but I was there on a holiday week. Not terrible or traumatizing at all.

You'll be going in September, beige F&W, so it shouldn't be that crazy. We go around that time every year and the only time I see crowded busses is leaving MK at park closing. You anyway indicated looking forward to walking to DHS and EPCOT, so you're good there. AK busses shouldn't be bad either.

As previously announced, Flying Fish Cafe at Disney's BoardWalk closed on February 1, 2016 for an extensive eight month refurbishment. Added to the chopping block are Seashore Sweets', ESPN's merchandise shop and the Yard Arcade, all of which are now permanently closed.

Disney has not announced how it plans to utilize space following the closures. Rumors suggest that the former Seashore Sweets' location may become home to a bar or lounge, given its proximity to Flying Fish Cafe and Trattoria al Forno.

Elsewhere, large sections of the BoardWalk resort are surrounded by construction walls and scaffolding as crews work to repair and paint the building exterior. The Village Green to the rear of the resort's lobby is significantly impacted by work, with many sections walled-off and the main building tower surrounded by scaffolding.

Photos of the area can be found in a recent post at WDWMagic.com.

In-room refurbishment on Disney's BoardWalk Villas continues. The vast majority of the villas are complete, but some rooms are still awaiting updates. No specific project completion date has been disclosed.

Could you add my dates BWV 4/4 -4/8. THANK YOU.

I'd be happy to add you...better late than never:rolleyes1

I sure hope it isn't there long. The walls, I am fine with. That scaffolding is ugly. Plus, being a safety manager for a construction/painting company, I'm really tired of looking at scaffolding. LOL

Our trip is 5/26/16 - 6/2/16. This will be my 3rd time at the Boardwalk.

You definitely need a scaffolding-free vacation! I'll add your dates to POST 1.

Last night at 11pm, midnight Eastern, I did online check-in and made my FP+ choices at the 60 day mark. Two months to go! :banana:

YIPPEE!

We are here now on the 2nd floor not refurbished room. It appears that at least half of the halls are done, just not the one we happen to be on. We are in a standard view, facing the entrance bridge.

Thank you for the LIVE update.

:welcome: to the DIS and the BWV/BWI thread, @TaraNL! We're honored to have your first post here. I'll add your dates to the BoardWalk Bulletin:)

Welcome! Once you stay Deluxe, it's hard going back. The boat only goes to Epcot and DHS which you can easily walk to. As far as the buses to DS, MK and AK, I'm not sure what was traumatizing at POP, but I suppose whatever it was could happen at any resort?

:tiptoe:

After a few changes...
GF SL-Poly GV CL-AKL CL-we are now booked at BWI SV CL-pixiedust: 2 rooms 8/7-8/15

I've got to make this one stick....DH picked it :rolleyes:

:wave:
Has it still stuck? Is it safe to get my magical erasing quill out for the Bulletin?

Thanks for the link. Great to see the new studios.
Not crazy about the new look or the layout. Loved the old Boardwalk style- I know it's probably out of date now, but still liked it- not sure I want my room to look like I'm at a Marriott or Hyatt- I liked knowing I was a t Disney World. Also, when I'm with my whole family (me, husband and 2 teen kids) all the extra beds are great. This time though, it's just my husband & I for our 20th anniversary and I wish we didn't have to see or deal with the weird table/bed set up. Seems like it takes up some extra room and doesn't really add to the decor. I do like the idea of updated bathroom and kitchen area and a refurbed room. We will be there in less than 2 weeks so we'll see how we like it in person!

Hi. We love Epcot resorts. Walking or boating is fabulous for Epcot and HS. We never bus to those. We never bus to MK either. We walk through Epcot to the Monorail Station and take that to MK. It's so fun!

I plan on staying at the boardwalk villas again later this year. If I'm staying onsite and I decide to stay and just enjoy the resort on my last day until late after I check out, does the hotel have facilities to accommodate changing clothes and maybe showers to use after going swimming while waiting for the magical express later in the evening?

I plan on staying at the boardwalk villas again later this year. If I'm staying onsite and I decide to stay and just enjoy the resort on my last day until late after I check out, does the hotel have facilities to accommodate changing clothes and maybe showers to use after going swimming while waiting for the magical express later in the evening?
We have used the restrooms off the lobby - heading towards the Bellevue lounge to do just that. No showers though I am afraid

We are staying at BWV for our first DVC stay June 2-9. We did not get our letter about the refurb but our guests did. We are staying in a garden/pool view. What should we request?

You can use the fitness club to shower and change. We have done this on a few occasions. The facilities are to the right and rear of the fitness center as you enter. There are free, locked cubbies to store your dry things while you are at the pool.

Hey everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter