Disney's Art of Animation Resort (Part II)

Is that new? I know in the past they didn't, and I thought it wasn't allowed for fire codes as well. But I haven't kept up with Pop lately.

now that you posted that, i am remembering something like that on our last trip. ASMo would no longer give us a cot in a standard because of fire codes.

Excited! Just booked a LM room for the night before our CR FD stay. This will be our first time in a brand new resort, who knows, we may love the values!

regarding coffee makers being a fire hazard... i have always run into this problem with having a coffee maker in the work place as well. i looked on the internet and found this:

Coffee Makers/Pots – Due to their high fire risk, all coffee makers must have automatic shut-off features or be plugged into timers that will automatically shut off the unit at the end of the day. Alternatively, coffee makers must be UL approved for shock hazard and fire protection under UL Standards 1082 or 197. Exception: Coffee makers in Cafeterias/Institutional Kitchen areas and Coffee Shops are exempt from this policy.

and this:

Auto Drip Coffee makers that keep the caref of coffee warm/hot for
hours after can be fire hazards.

Inside the base of the coffee maker is a metal heat strip that turns
the power for heating off and on to regulate the heat. It's just a
cheap 10 cent piece. As the strip gets hot enough it expands and
pulls away closing the electrial curcuit. As it cools off again it
contracts and closes the circuit to heat some more. It's a back and
forth cycle until you either unplug the unit or switch it off.

NOW, what can go wrong is that the cheap 10 cent electric/heat
regulator switch can get STUCK in the CLOSED position. I have never
seen it happen before to a coffee maker but I have seen this happen to
many toasters that I have owned in the past. It burns the toast and
smokes and soon enough starts a fire.

But most all coffee makers now are made of plastic. If the unit gets
hot enough the whole thing and melt and then suddenly burst into
flames.

They make coffee makers these days with no heat base. They just pour
directly into a coffee canister that holds a lot of coffee and is well
insulated to keep the coffee inside warm. Those are a good
alternative.

so i am sure this is why they don't allow them. not that i wont attempt to maybe bring one and unplug/store it after making my coffee :)

I think we will bring one and then unplug and store it as well.

newbie2013 said:
Any thoughts on discounts for jan 2013???

Possible but remember Disney tends to discount to fill unsold rooms. It will depend on how well AOA sells. I just booked a one night r/o in a Little Mermaid room before our CR stay and for the record, I had to pay rack, no AAA rate available.

Just booked AoA for Oct 19-23 and am wondering if this resort shares a bus with POP? We're POP veterans and always appreciated that it had its own bus rather than sharing, as with the All Stars.

Also, didn't realize how fortunate we were to get a LM room with the FD offer-- I wonder if it was because I had a PIN sent to me? Wasn't sure I could make the dates work so sat on the PIN until everything opened up to the public, but perhaps it did end up doing me a bit of good? Can't think of another reason others would see LM unavailable, other than sold out dates?

Just booked AoA for Oct 19-23 and am wondering if this resort shares a bus with POP? We're POP veterans and always appreciated that it had its own bus rather than sharing, as with the All Stars.

Also, didn't realize how fortunate we were to get a LM room with the FD offer-- I wonder if it was because I had a PIN sent to me? Wasn't sure I could make the dates work so sat on the PIN until everything opened up to the public, but perhaps it did end up doing me a bit of good? Can't think of another reason others would see LM unavailable, other than sold out dates?

Yes. it was included in the pin offer

Congratulations on getting your room . AOA have dedicated buses they are not sharing with POP . :thumbsup2

If you're having trouble getting a LM room for all your dates, keep checking online!

I'm doing a seven-night split stay at the end of September: YC four nights at the summer discount price (checking out 9/29 when it gets really expensive), and wanted AoA LM for my last three nights. However, LM rooms have just not been available for of Sept. 29. I couldn't stay at YC an extra night because the price was crazy, so I just booked Pop for the night of 9/29, figuring I could transfer to AoA for my last 2 nights. But I knew there was a shot that LM would open up for that night, especially with FD changing people's plans, so I kept checking.

I've checked multiple times per day for weeks now, and tonight it finally happened! LM opened up for 9/29! I called and Disney modified my reservation and cancelled the night at Pop.

So I'm doing 9/25-9/29 Yacht Club, 9/29-10/2 AoA LM! If I have to go from deluxe to value mid-trip, at least I know I'm going to almost brand new rooms :)

Super excited!! We are in the AOA Cars Suite Sep 20-27th w/ free dining:) I switched over from CBR when it was included in free dining and I am beyond words thrilled :) I love the look of cars but my son loves Lion King also. Has anyone been to the Cars Suites? I have seen the videos but no heard much 'first hand' info! I am a tad worried about size. It is my mom and dad (who are staying in the master)- Dh and I and our sons 4.5 and 2 (at trip time) I am worried we are going to be tripping over each other. I hope not!!

It's official! We are staying at the Art of Animation in November!

I'm so happy right now I cant explain, ive been waiting to stay here since they first announced the resort!

We will be staying in a Finding Nemo suite.

I'm pretty sure there never were any FD set aside for LM. Someone can correct me, but for the specials that just came out July 12, LM was expressely blacked out. Since everyone who wants a value resort wants to stay there, I imagine they will be over 90% booked. The people who really need FD are switching over to another value and that is the only way people now are getting LM rooms in the October time frame. I tried 4 or more times a day for over a month every single day and there were no LM rooms available at all for my week until the day the FD was released to the GP. We can only hope that with everyone feeling FD is more important than Ariel, that they might open up some kind of special for the LM rooms.

I got FD in a LM room for Nov/Dec thru a Pin Code :thumbsup2

I know the food court will be nice. However, I don't see us eating there often. We have breakfast ADRs daily (some between 8:05 and 8:20 but some at 10:30 and 10:50). Therefore, we plan to eat a larger breakfast or brunch. All of them are character meals except Kona. (We preferred the breakfast menus since I am picky, and we just love breakfast!). On the days when we have a later breakfast, we'll just eat something small (DD does not eat much in the AM). If we are in a park around dinner (after coming back to the resort for a break/swim/nap), we'll eat at the park. We also plan to visit other resorts for dinner.

My concern is that the food court is going to be jam packed. What times are considered non-peak times at the food courts?

I'm pretty sure there never were any FD set aside for LM. Someone can correct me, but for the specials that just came out July 12, LM was expressely blacked out.

You are correct regarding the Disney Visa pre-offer and general public offer that were released the week of July 12, 2012. LM rooms were not available for those promotion codes. However, there are still active free dining PINs out there where LM rooms are available for FD for the same set of arrival dates in Oct-Dec 2012.

There are 3 pools. The big blue pool (outside Nemo suites), and 2 smaller pools outside LM and Cars rooms, and a splash area in the Nemo area.

I don't know that there are any quiet pools, but the smaller ones are more likely to be quieter (from what I assume).

You are correct -- Disney uses the term "quiet pool" to describe the other, smaller pools besides the resort's bigger "feature" pool. So the Cars and LM pools are the "quiet" pools. Unfortunately not all pool users get that memo to keep it quiet. ;)

Is that new? I know in the past they didn't, and I thought it wasn't allowed for fire codes as well. But I haven't kept up with Pop lately.

I don't know how new it is but Janet has been reporting on the Pop thread the availability of a rollaway. I think she called to verify, I want to say.

We just booked AoA for our June 2013 visit. We're in a family suite in the Cars section. The resort looks amazing! I can't wait to go see it in person!

Terri

I am in on this new thread:) 21 days to go:)I will take my small coffee pot and plug it in to make coffee and then unplug it. I need my Folgers in the morning..that Nescafe stuff is gut wrenching...whew...:(

You are correct -- Disney uses the term "quiet pool" to describe the other, smaller pools besides the resort's bigger "feature" pool. So the Cars and LM pools are the "quiet" pools. Unfortunately not all pool users get that memo to keep it quiet. ;)

I had no idea that the term quiet pool existed! lol....I was being so literal! Thanks for pointing it out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter