Disney's Art of Animation Resort (Part II)

Quiet pools simply mean they don't have any slides/fountains/water features etc., not that you're supposed to actually be quieter there.

Quiet pools simply mean they don't have any slides/fountains/water features etc., not that you're supposed to actually be quieter there.

That's good to know because my bunch sure can be loud in the pool. I'm always telling them to tone it down! I bet they are quieter in general because more kids want to go to the pools with the cool features. :yay:

I am in on this new thread:) 21 days to go:)I will take my small coffee pot and plug it in to make coffee and then unplug it. I need my Folgers in the morning..that Nescafe stuff is gut wrenching...whew...:(

I've taken my Keurig on every trip to Disney even to deluxe and DVC resorts but especially value resorts. My daughter says that I'm uncivilized without my coffee in the mornings. No one has ever told me I couldn't have it in the room. I don't hide it and I have never unplugged it.

I can't believe I totally missed this thread! We're staying in a LM room in December. :cool1:

I posted this on the other thread, but I'll repost here. We're booked 12/7 to 12/16. I still need to add 12/6. If anybody drops changes their dates and drops the 6th, or sees the 6th available, I'd love to have a heads up! I really hoped one would pop up when the GP FD came out last week, but no such luck.

Can't wait to see more photos as that section opens!

Just wanted to weigh in the those asking about connecting LM rooms. They do have them.

We booked two LM rooms. We do have small children, and were told we have guaranteed connecting rooms. (I know, I know, nothing is really guaranteed, but when I booked they told me this and I called to confirm and they told me the same....so....we'll see.)

We will be checking in 9/30!

I have a question about the food court.

Can we still get a Mickey Waffle in Landscapes of Flavor?

My kids prefer these in the moring!!

I have to give it to them though, they are delicious!!

According to a menu I just saw, yes you can get them. They did not have them listed as a kid pic, only on the adult menu with a fruit topping option.

116 days away from our trip to AoA! :cool1:

May I ask what area of WDW Art of Animation is located in? (Trying to plan a nice dinner close to the resort) Thanks!

May I ask what area of WDW Art of Animation is located in? (Trying to plan a nice dinner close to the resort) Thanks!

AoA is right next to Pop Century in the southern-middle of the property. It's close by to ESPN Wide World of Sports, if you know where that is. It's also nearby to Caribbean Beach Resort.

Disney's Hollywood Studios is to the west and it's the closest park. Next closest park is Epcot. You will need to take transport wherever you are going from AoA/Pop.

Hi! Just moved my October reservation over to the Cars suites. I have 2 six year old boys who are REALLY excited about the room :cool1:

Does anyone know if the Little Mermaid rooms with have fridges in them like the PoP?

Yes, all value resorts have a fridge now!

However, ive heard mixed things from CM's.

Ive was told that you have to pay upon arrival/check in for the use of the fridge for 10 dollars a night payable in advance. (this was in March)

Ive also been told by a CM that yes, they are in the rooms and no charge.

Regardless they are in there, YES!

can someone answer though if they are charging for them?

Im kind of bummed if they are!!

We are booked for a LM room 9/29-10/6! Super duper excited! :goodvibes
Anyone have any pics of the two smaller pools in the resort??

Does anyone know if the Little Mermaid rooms with have fridges in them like the PoP?

Ive was told that you have to pay upon arrival/check in for the use of the fridge for 10 dollars a night payable in advance. (this was in March)

No, they are not charging extra for the in-room fridges in the value resorts. We do expect the LM rooms will have the in-room fridges when the section opens.

Yes, all value resorts have a fridge now!

However, ive heard mixed things from CM's.

Ive also been told by a CM that yes, they are in the rooms and no charge.

Regardless they are in there, YES!

I sure hope they are in there already with no charge! However, I am curious to see where they will be. The pictures of the LM room on the WDW website show the TV on a black dresser, as opposed to in a hutch/cabinet like the other values (also where their fridge is). The dresser does not really have a place for the fridge. I am anxious to see pictures of these rooms in September!

The LM rooms seem popular for DISers!

Are the Cars, LK, and FN buildings family suites only?

My choice because they are cheap! I get all the benefits of a new cool resort and a place for our 4 heads for almost the same price as the other values! I fantasize about AKL, but none of the other resorts on site have enough allure for me to spend that much to sleep (which is really all we do at the resort).

Looking forward to seeing lots of DIS friends opening week of LM!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter