Disney's Art of Animation Resort hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all. Is there any word on when the Little Mermaid wing will be open. I've heard 'late 2012'. Anything more specific? Thanks! :goodvibes
Everything I have read says that the Little Mermaid section will open in December 2012 and that they will start taking reservations for those rooms around June of 2012.

Everything I have read says that the Little Mermaid section will open in December 2012 and that they will start taking reservations for those rooms around June of 2012.

I was just told that it won't open till Dec. 31 and you can now book it.

I was just told that it won't open till Dec. 31 and you can now book it.
You have been able to book the AOA suites for a few months, you can not book the Little Mermaid standard rooms at AOA, they aren't even listed on their website yet. Also, Disney hasn't released any set date for the Mermaid rooms to open, just December of 2012 - it was on their last blog entry.

I just got back Friday and went on the generation bridge to take some pics! It looks pretty cool minus all of the birds and bird poop on the generation bridge!

1884.jpg

1885.jpg

1886.jpg

1887.jpg

1888.jpg

1889.jpg

1890.jpg

1891.jpg

1892.jpg

1897.jpg

1900.jpg

1899.jpg

You have been able to book the AOA suites for a few months, you can not book the Little Mermaid standard rooms at AOA, they aren't even listed on their website yet. Also, Disney hasn't released any set date for the Mermaid rooms to open, just December of 2012 - it was on their last blog entry.

You can book it on the travel agent site. I didn't check the regular site. Penni asked me earlier today, so my agency did some investigating and that is when we found it can be booked Dec. 31, 2012. If you quote Dec. 30th, little mermaid won't show, but it does for Dec. 31st. Now as they get closer, hey may open up earlier dates, but at this point in time, it has that section opening on Dec. 31st.

Upon looking at the layout of AoA, here are my thoughts:

1. The kitchenette is smaller than ASMu and it is more out in the open where the sleeper sofa is. DH and I are midnight snackers and this might bother the kids who are in the sleeper sofa.

2. The innovabed does not have a tv in front of it, the kids will fight over who gets to sleep in the living room where there is a tv.

3. I don't see a desk in the bedroom. ASMu has one.

I really wanna try the new suites but I'm afraid we might not like the layout.

Should be stick with the familiar or try something new?

I have to agree with you I too was excited for the new resort then the showed the room layout and they don't offer single beds like the ASMu suits do they have 1 queen bed the fold out sofa that sleeps 2 and then the two single fold outs....

I don't understand paying more to sleep only 6 people and sitll haveing to double up in the beds when two standard rooms will sleep 8???

I get ASMu as you now have a single bed option for teen boys/ single adults in the group... Sadly no AofA for us this trip... we need the single beds...

I have to agree with you I too was excited for the new resort then the showed the room layout and they don't offer single beds like the ASMu suits do they have 1 queen bed the fold out sofa that sleeps 2 and then the two single fold outs....

I don't understand paying more to sleep only 6 people and sitll haveing to double up in the beds when two standard rooms will sleep 8???

I get ASMu as you now have a single bed option for teen boys/ single adults in the group... Sadly no AofA for us this trip... we need the single beds...

This is my exact same concern. We stayed in an All Star Music family suite and liked how my four kids didn't all have to share a bed. My youngest two children shared the full size pull out sofa bed but my oldest two (a boy and girl) liked having having their own beds via the chair and ottoman that were separate twin size pull out beds. The AoA resort looks very fun, the theming is beautiful, and a new resort is very exciting; but the layout of the rooms and the price per night (I think they are $50 more per night during value season than the AS Mu family suite) are unfortunately steering me away from this resort. For our next trip we are considering staying offsite in a condo or townhouse; but if we can get a great deal to stay onsite again we will most likely consider the family suite at AS Music again (we may try a different building for a new experience) or a cabin at Fort Wilderness. We have considered the option of getting two rooms at a value resort, but I am hesitant about having two separate reservations/separate sets of KTTW cards, etc. and I also like having at least a kitchenette and separate living room area for trips that are more than a few days long (even if we have the dining plan).

I would love to stay in these suites on our upcoming June trip!! They look wonderful. I know that all that will be open when we go are the Nemo suites, but will the outside areas of the other themed areas be completed. I want to visit when we can see and walk around ALL of the resort, not just one area. Does anyone have any info about this. Also will it just be the Nemo pool open or will some of the others be open as well. Thanks for your answers!! This board is great!:cool1:

:goodvibes when i saw some artistic drawings in the Disney Files and i must say the facade looks amazing! the figures look huge.

okay, dumbest question ever coming up - fair warning :)

BUT it says 2 bathrooms but from the floorplan I'm seeing - only 1 bathroom shows a tub, surely there are 2 FULL bathrooms? :confused3

No question is dumb. I believe there is another bathroom in with the private bedroom. At least that is my understanding. If not, I know someone will correct me. We are staying there next August and my oldest granddaughter and her best friend have no idea that I changed the resort, can't wait to see their faces:) I am also taking my little 5 year old granddaughter and she has only been one time and most likely won't know the surprise until her sister starts yelling:)

well you are awesome for finding this for me :) thanks so much! :hug:

bottom line is I know I won't have to share a tub/shower with 4 teenager (they are 13) boys :) LOL :rotfl:

Your welcome. My BIL has 4 boys, so I know how full their house feels, let alone about 5-600 sq ft :) I'm going to POP in about a month. Maybe I can find someone who knows for sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter