Disney's Art of Animation Resort hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how the bus transportation will be handled from this resort. Wonder if they'll group it w/ Pop kind of like all of they group the 3 All-Star resorts??? Anyone...

Does anyone know how the bus transportation will be handled from this resort. Wonder if they'll group it w/ Pop kind of like all of they group the 3 All-Star resorts??? Anyone...
They do NOT group all the transportation together at the All-Star Resorts. Our of the hundreds of times we have taken a bus from All-Star movies we have "shared" a bus with one of the other All-Stars only a handful of times.

I don't know if I have read anything specific about AOAs transporation, but I would assume they will have their own dedicated transportation.

When looking at the photos, some of the bathrooms showed a fabric curtain. However, one of them showed glass shower doors. I think that is the one in the main bedroom. It looked like a normal bathtub model if that helps.

The one time we stayed at All Star Sports, we shared buses with the other two resorts.

That was the only thing I hated about the All Stars and the reason why I refuse the stay there again.

I really hope AOA doesn't share buses with POP.

The one time we stayed at All Star Sports, we shared buses with the other two resorts.

That was the only thing I hated about the All Stars and the reason why I refuse the stay there again.

I really hope AOA doesn't share buses with POP.
The All-Star Resorts only "share" buses during particular times: Very early ADR buses, some mid-day buses during value season, for about an hour after MK fireworks, and after park closings during peak weeks. We almost always stay at All-Star movies and the very few times we have had to stop at the other two resorts before dropping off only took a few extra minutes. We, personally, have never found it to be that big of a deal, certainly not enough to make us stop booking at All-Star movies - it's my kids favorite resort. We are totally stoked for AOA though - we are hoping to get 2 connecting rooms in the Little Mermaid section next December.

Sharing was a big deal for us.

It didn't matter what time we left the resort (early,mid day or evening) or where we were going (major park, water park or DTD). They shared buses the whole time we were there.

Sharing was a big deal for us.

It didn't matter what time we left the resort (early,mid day or evening) or where we were going (major park, water park or DTD). They shared buses the whole time we were there.
What year was that and what season? I've never seen nor heard of the All-Star buses sharing between all three of those resorts all day, everyday.

Hmm--I tempted by the AOA suites, but I'm wondering about making the switch for extra room vs. convenience of the location of a deluxe. The pricing of the suites seems about the same as a room at a deluxe. We have two school aged girls who are not hard to share a room with. We enjoy hanging out on the balcony for a couple of hours after they go to bed with a bottle of wine. If we switch to a suite, DH will have a TV and I think I'll miss our time together. (What would he say??). On the other hand, I think the girls would LOVE the theming. Would they love it enough to compensate for not having a slide at the pool?

What do others think about the trade-off?

We are set to stay at the POP in June and one of the reasons we stay there is because of not sharing the bus and only having the one stop. After some digging and 20 minutes on the phone, I spoke with a women at Disney transportation and she said that AOA will have their own bus and not share with POP. I'm hoping that this goes into effect even before all phases are complete. Someone also commented that this was also previously verified on the earlier in the POP thread.

We are set to stay at the POP in June and one of the reasons we stay there is because of not sharing the bus and only having the one stop. After some digging and 20 minutes on the phone, I spoke with a women at Disney transportation and she said that AOA will have their own bus and not share with POP. I'm hoping that this goes into effect even before all phases are complete. Someone also commented that this was also previously verified on the earlier in the POP thread.

:dance3::yay::cheer2::yay::dance3::cheer2::woohoo:

What year was that and what season? I've never seen nor heard of the All-Star buses sharing between all three of those resorts all day, everyday.

I am not sure about the other poster, but during our June, 2009 stay at All Star Music we shared way more than usual. I was always one to say the All Stars don't share (have stayed at all of them with Music being our favorite) all the time but I had to eat my words that trip more than a few times. It was unfortunate since we were travelling with dh's aunt who is elderly and was in a wheelchair much of that trip. I felt sorry for the Movies people since they always boarded a very full bus full of folks from Sports and Music. First time in 7+ trips to the All Stars that happened and it stunk! Now later in our trip (we stayed 9 nights as I recall) we stopped sharing. It was sort of weird and a bummer since that happened after dh's aunt had left!

I will say however, that we stayed at Music again in October of 2010 and rarely shared.

But it does sometimes happen. Still, we always got on a bus, not like at POR where on more than one occasion we have seen full busses drive right by unable to pick anyone else up.

We were there Aug of 2009 and shared with all 3. We stayed at Movies, so we were the last stop. It was not my favorite part of the trip. Very crowded. :(

I just received a pin, but it did not work at Art of Animation. It was only 10% off, so not an amazing deal ... but it worked at every other resort I tried (including family suites at AsMu).

I dont know if I am reading this correctly or just dont want to believe it. So the only non-suites are Little Mermaid Themed? Its just me, hubby and my 2 sons. We dont need a suite bc we are in the parks A LOT and truthfully we are in the room to sleep, but I know my sons would love a Lion King or Cars themed room. It seems as though you always have to pay more for boy theming...grrr...

so only little mermaid themed non suites? Right?

I dont know if I am reading this correctly or just dont want to believe it. So the only non-suites are Little Mermaid Themed? Its just me, hubby and my 2 sons. We dont need a suite bc we are in the parks A LOT and truthfully we are in the room to sleep, but I know my sons would love a Lion King or Cars themed room. It seems as though you always have to pay more for boy theming...grrr...

so only little mermaid themed non suites? Right?

Yes that is right. So you could just get a room at POP and it's a little cheaper, and then walk across the bridge so the kids can see all the Cars and Lion King and Nemo stuff outside.

Interesting, because they have always shared busses when we were there. I've been there during Thanksgiving week from 2007 on, also there in Sept. and in June. There were times when the busses did not share, but many times they did.

I can't imagine them running separate busses for animation and pop. It would be like them running separate busses for Kidani village and AKL, they share te same property and will share the same bus.

OK. I think watching this just sold me on AOA. I've done the math and for about $500 more we could have a family suite at AOA, instead of a regular room at POR. I know that we would have to pay to upgrade dining if we get free dining and as long as AOA is not excluded from free dining. I hope not! I like the theming and I think that we should go for it while the kids are young and would appreciate it much more. I don't think they would love the theming at POR, but I would! I love having more space, another bathroom and a fridge and microwave for breakfast in the room, lunch and dinner at the parks. I think we might just go for AOA...but who knows, I could change my mind multiple times between now and July, when I'll be booking.:cheer2:

Interesting, because they have always shared busses when we were there. I've been there during Thanksgiving week from 2007 on, also there in Sept. and in June. There were times when the busses did not share, but many times they did.

I can't imagine them running separate busses for animation and pop. It would be like them running separate busses for Kidani village and AKL, they share te same property and will share the same bus.

I am not sure how that could work. Pop Century has 2880 rooms, AOA will have around 2000. That is nearly 5000 rooms worth of people to share one bus system? If you have stayed at Pop, then you know how many people that one resort alone carts around. I can't imagine sharing with another resort, even one located on the same property.

AKL and Kidani together have I think around 1700 rooms. Kidani only has 458 rooms total, so not really large enough to justify its own bus system. But with another 2000 rooms added to an already huge resort, I hope they don't share. If they do my Pop days are over!

I am not sure how that could work. Pop Century has 2880 rooms, AOA will have around 2000. That is nearly 5000 rooms worth of people to share one bus system?

Same as all stars which share
We stayed there once in the summer, forget exact date now, and they shared everyday
It is one of the main reasons I have not gone back

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter