Disney's Art of Animation Resort hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that used the AAA discount, can you share what % it was?

I'm looking at a trip to AOA in Feb 2013 :cool1: (I know rates and discounts aren't available yet) but just wanting to hear the joyous news that discounts for this resort have been available in the past! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the help!

For 7 days and 6 nights, at AoA in a LM room, and the Plus DDP, it came to:
WDW's price: $2560.40
AAA's price:$2112.63 (I don't know if that included the travel insurance, but I believe it did).

I like to book through AAA (and I have never had a problem with them and have been using them for 12 years to book vacations). I also like the extra perk of preferred seating for fireworks (which we were able to get). Since I am a newbie at Disney, it was helpful to sit down with someone who knew all about Disney to talk about what we wanted. I booked before I found disboards.

ETA: from the reports on disboards, FD is not going to be available the week we are at AoA (whether or not we are in a suite or standard room). However, if a FD option came out, my TA said she would compare prices (between the AAA discount and FD) and see which promotion would save me more money.

My AAA lady also continues to look for discounts for me..I hope something comes out soon as I only have 28 days til we see Mickey:)

For 7 days and 6 nights, at AoA in a LM room, and the Plus DDP, it came to:
WDW's price: $2560.40
AAA's price:$2112.63 (I don't know if that included the travel insurance, but I believe it did).

Cool- thanks! Nice discount! Looks like a 16-17%ish off. I'd take it! :thumbsup2 I requested a quote for a different stay I am looking into, but now I'm thinking I'll have AAA look into my AOA stay as well.

For those that used the AAA discount, can you share what % it was?

I'm looking at a trip to AOA in Feb 2013 :cool1: (I know rates and discounts aren't available yet) but just wanting to hear the joyous news that discounts for this resort have been available in the past! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the help!

I checked AAA rates for a suite at AoA and the discount was 10% - that is for room only. AAA room only discounts aren't usually very big, but if that's all you can get, it helps!

I'm excited for the Disney's Art Of Animation, I'm checking in on December 29th on the Little Mermaid section I am ecstatic to go with my family. We opened the Pop when it first opened and now we're gonna do the same for the Art Of Animation! The rooms are gorgeous and very spacious, you made an excellent decision to stay at that resort I hope you can get it reserved soon! Enjoy your trip :)

Yesterday my neighbor was over. She had been to her uncles who owns a travel agency. He prices out AOA for her, Cars area and gave her a price of $2000 for 4 nights and 5 days, 2a2c 5/7, around Christmas. When she came to my house I priced it and it was about $3000, she about fainted.:faint: I told her it was my understanding that an AOA suite will not price the same as a regular value room and he must have priced it wrong.

Am I way off on this or do you think he just price a value room and not AOA family suite...???

I checked AAA rates for a suite at AoA and the discount was 10% - that is for room only. AAA room only discounts aren't usually very big, but if that's all you can get, it helps!

Yes! every little bit does help. Thanks for checking!

mouselovenfamily said:
Yesterday my neighbor was over. She had been to her uncles who owns a travel agency. He prices out AOA for her, Cars area and gave her a price of $2000 for 4 nights and 5 days, 2a2c 5/7, around Christmas. When she came to my house I priced it and it was about $3000, she about fainted.:faint: I told her it was my understanding that an AOA suite will not price the same as a regular value room and he must have priced it wrong.

Am I way off on this or do you think he just price a value room and not AOA family suite...???

Probably priced out a LM room instead of the Cars/LK/Nemo suites. The $3k price is definitely closer to reality for the suites. We are doing 7 nights, 8 days, 3a2c 3/4, Dec 8-15, Park Hoppers on our tix and the DDP with 1CS, 1TS & 1 snack per day for about $5k (no discounts)

We just got back from Art of Animation last night. It had it's good and bad points. Unfortunately some of the bad points for us may keep us from staying there again and I wanted to give other families the heads up...

We were in a room down the hallway from the giant Crush statue on the first floor.

Positives:
1. Love, love, love the size of the rooms and the bathrooms. It was roomy and comfortable. For us it was a lot of space and we were very comfortable. Each of the three beds was big enough for two plus you can get a pack n play in too. I would stay there again based on the size of the rooms. There was also a fridge and kitchen which was great for breakfast but our fridge had issues.

2. The staff were incredibly friendly and eager to please. All of our requests were met within a reasonable time frame (i.e. a fan, a pack n play)

3. The pool is fenced in and requires key card access which is great if you have toddlers who like to run away!

4. Food court and shopping were almost identical to Pop Century.

5. They have the research team out in the mornings getting feedback from everyone.

6. There are lots of fun activites (dance lessons, games, etc.) for the older kids and movies poolside at night!

7. Buses are not very full at all and do not pick up at any other resort!

Negatives:
1. The Air Conditioning is on a sensor system which means if no one is moving in the room - guess what? No air. Been walking all day at the parks and want to get back to a nice, cool room - guess what? No air. We happened to have a thermometer with us and during the night our room got up to 86 degrees. When we called a maintenance man came to check and confirmed this was the deal - it was working properly - it just only works when it senses someone. This is great for saving resources but not so great when my toddler woke up in the middle of the night and was sweaty. We had a hard time sleeping even with the fan because it was soo hot. When I checked out and said I wanted to let someone know, the lady I spoke with said they were aware of the problem and some guests were trying to put balloons in front of the sensors to trick them. We had tried this at night but it didn't work because there was no air to keep them moving around.

2. The insulation is very thin. The first night there was a baby crying and it was loud enough that it woke grandma up in our room thinking it was our baby. The next night there were doors slamming around 2 am. When we were laying in the masterbed room we could hear the people in the next room moving hangers around behind us!

3. The water play feature with the squirting water is awesome and my toddler loved it. It has the soft spongy floor but the characters are up on rocks and guess what? The rocks are real cement. I think that could be very, very dangerous for toddlers who love to run and climb and aren't yet very steady on their feet.

4. The playground was fun and neat but there is no kind of safety to keep kids from climbing on the very top of it which is like 15 feet high and we saw several kids who would climb to the top and stand on the very edge. Scary and dangerous.

5. There is NO shade in the pool or water play area. They advertise that you can hear the characters talking under the water but everytime we checked it was just music playing.

6. The bus waits to the Magic Kingdom were very long. In some cases we waited almost 30 minutes at MK for a bus to take us back to the resort.

7. The food at the food court was interesting but some of the choices did not change while we were there and would not appeal to pickier eaters. They had Thai food and a Caprese sandwich along with the standard burgers, fries, and pizza. It was definately a smaller selection of food than Pop Century.

As a side note and not resort specific, I thought the table service portions were incredibly smaller and more expensive than the last time we went two years ago (before this we had gone every year and we've always used the dining plan since it was available). Additionally, there were less or no veggies with table service than with most of the quick service options. For example, at Italy my entree was just chicken and risotto (the chicken was the size of a Cornish hen leg and thigh) - no salad, no veggies.

Probably priced out a LM room instead of the Cars/LK/Nemo suites. The $3k price is definitely closer to reality for the suites. We are doing 7 nights, 8 days, 3a2c 3/4, Dec 8-15, Park Hoppers on our tix and the DDP with 1CS, 1TS & 1 snack per day for about $5k (no discounts)

I thought the same thing...but LM rooms arr not open yet the dates they are there...:confused3

mouselovenfamily said:
I thought the same thing...but LM rooms arr not open yet the dates they are there...:confused3

I understood the first post to day they were going around Xmas and LM room will be open and they are bookable now. When are they going?

We just got back from Art of Animation last night. It had it's good and bad points. Unfortunately some of the bad points for us may keep us from staying there again and I wanted to give other families the heads up...

We were in a room down the hallway from the giant Crush statue on the first floor.

Positives:
1. Love, love, love the size of the rooms and the bathrooms. It was roomy and comfortable. For us it was a lot of space and we were very comfortable. Each of the three beds was big enough for two plus you can get a pack n play in too. I would stay there again based on the size of the rooms. There was also a fridge and kitchen which was great for breakfast but our fridge had issues.

2. The staff were incredibly friendly and eager to please. All of our requests were met within a reasonable time frame (i.e. a fan, a pack n play)

3. The pool is fenced in and requires key card access which is great if you have toddlers who like to run away!

4. Food court and shopping were almost identical to Pop Century.

5. They have the research team out in the mornings getting feedback from everyone.

6. There are lots of fun activites (dance lessons, games, etc.) for the older kids and movies poolside at night!

7. Buses are not very full at all and do not pick up at any other resort!

Negatives:
1. The Air Conditioning is on a sensor system which means if no one is moving in the room - guess what? No air. Been walking all day at the parks and want to get back to a nice, cool room - guess what? No air. We happened to have a thermometer with us and during the night our room got up to 86 degrees. When we called a maintenance man came to check and confirmed this was the deal - it was working properly - it just only works when it senses someone. This is great for saving resources but not so great when my toddler woke up in the middle of the night and was sweaty. We had a hard time sleeping even with the fan because it was soo hot. When I checked out and said I wanted to let someone know, the lady I spoke with said they were aware of the problem and some guests were trying to put balloons in front of the sensors to trick them. We had tried this at night but it didn't work because there was no air to keep them moving around.

2. The insulation is very thin. The first night there was a baby crying and it was loud enough that it woke grandma up in our room thinking it was our baby. The next night there were doors slamming around 2 am. When we were laying in the masterbed room we could hear the people in the next room moving hangers around behind us!

3. The water play feature with the squirting water is awesome and my toddler loved it. It has the soft spongy floor but the characters are up on rocks and guess what? The rocks are real cement. I think that could be very, very dangerous for toddlers who love to run and climb and aren't yet very steady on their feet.

4. The playground was fun and neat but there is no kind of safety to keep kids from climbing on the very top of it which is like 15 feet high and we saw several kids who would climb to the top and stand on the very edge. Scary and dangerous.

5. There is NO shade in the pool or water play area. They advertise that you can hear the characters talking under the water but everytime we checked it was just music playing.

6. The bus waits to the Magic Kingdom were very long. In some cases we waited almost 30 minutes at MK for a bus to take us back to the resort.

7. The food at the food court was interesting but some of the choices did not change while we were there and would not appeal to pickier eaters. They had Thai food and a Caprese sandwich along with the standard burgers, fries, and pizza. It was definately a smaller selection of food than Pop Century.

As a side note and not resort specific, I thought the table service portions were incredibly smaller and more expensive than the last time we went two years ago (before this we had gone every year and we've always used the dining plan since it was available). Additionally, there were less or no veggies with table service than with most of the quick service options. For example, at Italy my entree was just chicken and risotto (the chicken was the size of a Cornish hen leg and thigh) - no salad, no veggies.

Great review! Thanks for sharing. Disappointing that a new resort would have noise and air conditioning issues :sad2:

Thank you for the review hiller!! Based on the A/C thing I'm changing my reservation. My DS sweats easily and even though we are going in December we cannot have no running A/C. This is the most flawed hotel design in history!!!!! Especially in Florida. And they want to charge us more for the resort when they are cutting costs!?!? I'm so disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thank you for the review hiller!! Based on the A/C thing I'm changing my reservation. My DS sweats easily and even though we are going in December we cannot have no running A/C. This is the most flawed hotel design in history!!!!! Especially in Florida. And they want to charge us more for the resort when they are cutting costs!?!? I'm so disappointed.

I believe many resorts are now using the motion sensor for the air. There are threads that give instructions for working around it. I did a search for "motion sensor" and found a few threads.

jdcthree said:
I believe many resorts are now using the motion sensor for the air. There are threads that give instructions for working around it. I did a search for "motion sensor" and found a few threads.

That's ridiculous that they're all doing that. Ugh I am not a happy Disney person hearing about this. I'll have to search for the threads. Thanks!

Quoting momtm2j from another thread

"I never had issues with the AC, but you can override the motion sensor by pressing & holding F/C button on the left side of thermostat, once "BP" appears in display, unit is on override. I had this written in my notes from a previous post in case I needed it."

Thanks jdcthree for recommending the search :thumbsup2

buffalogirl said:
Quoting momtm2j from another thread

"I never had issues with the AC, but you can override the motion sensor by pressing & holding F/C button on the left side of thermostat, once "6P" apprears in display, unit is on override. I had this written in my notes from a previous post in case I needed it."

Thanks jdcthree for recommending the search :thumbsup2

Thanks for finding and posting this!! I'm writing this down right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter