Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We arrive in 25 days and I'm realizing it's probably time for me to start doing some actual things to get ready for our trip! I have a few questions I'm hoping you guys know the answers to...
-what kind of toiletries are provided in the room? I usually pack my own shampoo/conditioner, but if the ones they provide are nice (and they're two separate items, not a combo) that would be 2 less things to pack. :)
-I'm debating grocery delivery vs. packing granola bars & buying a few things in the store. I know I read they sell water bottles...anyone know if they sell yogurt? My daughter eats Chobani cups like they're going out of style...if they're easily available at AKL I won't bother placing an order and she can just pick one or two out a day. I'm also looking for apple juice...especially Simply Apple or something similar (thick, fresh pressed).
-Are there other things you always pack for an AKL stay? Or things you wished you packed? This is our first trip to Disney since 2003 - my daughter's first trip ever - and our first stay somewhere other then the All Star resorts! And, believe it or not, it's also our first BIG family vacation. I think the longest we've ever stayed in a hotel with my daughter is 3 or 4 nights, and we drove there so we had a car full of stuff!

Thank you thank you thank you!!

We're headed to the lodge just about the same time as you :-) On the toiletries yes they have separate shampoo and conditioner in the room. They are nice quality, but I find the conditioner doesn't work all that well on my hair so I usually bring me own of that.

On the groceries, we did garden grocer one time and found it was just more food than we needed. Now we just pack some breakfast bars for the morning and a few snacks for our daughter and that is about it. On water, we bring reusable insulated bottles from home. Not as big a deal this time of year, but they keep water cooler much longer in the summer months. We haven't been to AKL in a few years so I don't remember what they have explicitly, but I've seen lots of yogurt and juices at the other resorts. As long as you aren't vetted to a particular brand you can find what you need.

Otherwise, its no different than any other trip packing wise. Just bring some clothes, yourselves, and lots of moola and Disney will take care of the rest. :-)

Last edited:
My first time staying AKL CL. I've looked at touring plans but I'm still confused on the location of the CL rooms.
Where are they? Which section?
Are they the ones in the lobby?

My first time staying AKL CL. I've looked at touring plans but I'm still confused on the location of the CL rooms.

Club level rooms I believe are scattered throughout. I've been on 4. The DVC rooms are 6th floor adjacent to Kilimanjaro club lounge. If they're non DVC they are Savannah view, but DVC there is no guarantee and can be pool, rooftop or partial Savannah view

Add us to the list. Aug 16-23. First time at AKL and super excited. My daughters know we'll be going to Disney but think we are staying at POR. I will surprise them about a week before the trip.

If you use touring plans room finder you can choose cl std rooms. They are on 4th floor. It will highlight in pink which rooms.

I will try to post that map this week. I will be there Sunday and the map for myself anyways. I love having it printed in my bag so when I get the room ready text I can look it up:)

Add us to the list. Aug 16-23. First time at AKL and super excited. My daughters know we'll be going to Disney but think we are staying at POR. I will surprise them about a week before the trip.
August

OThopeful35, 1st - 12th, AKL

Arden01, 16th - 23rd, AKL

Here shows the jambo house.

IMG_0019.PNG

This one is KUDO TRAIL where the cl rooms are shaded pink . LEFT TO RIGHT Room numbers by block;4211-25, 4227-41, 4301-15, 4317-21. Some rooms were king.

IMG_0015.PNG

This one is the Zebra side where cl rooms are shaded pink, room numbers left to right by block: 4407-21, 4423-37, 4501-15, 4517-21.

IMG_0021.PNG

Last edited:
My understanding from others is that the rooms in the center have a less walk to elevator and cl lounge but view is more of the "rock" whereas the outer rooms have a better view but longer walk. I'll find out soon enough but if anyone has info please advise.

View attachment 214141

This one is KUDO TRAIL where the cl rooms are shaded pink . LEFT TO RIGHT Room numbers by block;4211-25, 4227-41, 4301-15, 4317-21. Some rooms were king.

View attachment 214142

This one is the Zebra side where cl rooms are shaded pink, room numbers left to right by block: 4407-21, 4423-37, 4501-15, 4517-21.

View attachment 214143

My understanding from others is that the rooms in the center have a less walk to elevator and cl lounge but view is more of the "rock" whereas the outer rooms have a better view but longer walk. I'll find out soon enough but if anyone has info please advise.

Thank you! Trying to figure out a room number to request close to the lounge and elevator.

We are staying at AKL for the first time March 14-19. We booked a Savannah room type so I'm going to request the Zebra Trail. Super excited to stay at this beautiful resort. Has anyone done the evening safari? If so, what did you think about it?

We are staying at AKL for the first time March 14-19. We booked a Savannah room type so I'm going to request the Zebra Trail. Super excited to stay at this beautiful resort. Has anyone done the evening safari? If so, what did you think about it?
March

Buteraa, 14th - 19th, AKL

Dwheaton, 18th - 24th, AKL

Sparkyco, 17th - 25th, AKL CL

View attachment 214141

View attachment 214142

View attachment 214143

Would you happen to know if there are Club level rooms with bunk beds ? There does not see to be a category for Club Level/Bunk Beds on Touring plans. I'm staying 2nd June CL for 7 days and with DS age 2 and DD age 15 bunks would be really useful. Only ones i found seem to be on the 3rd floor

Thanks

Would you happen to know if there are Club level rooms with bunk beds ? There does not see to be a category for Club Level/Bunk Beds on Touring plans. I'm staying 2nd June CL for 7 days and with DS age 2 and DD age 15 bunks would be really useful. Only ones i found seem to be on the 3rd floor

Thanks
People have posted in the past that touring plans isn't always accurate about room categories( bunks, and kings)

At check in I would ask and tell them the reason. There are changes to cl IPO so not sure of the current status. However you can call the Disney regular line and add that request to your reservation. Make sure to tell them why it does help.

If opportunity arises I will try to find out next week.

Hi all! We will be at AKV - Jambo May 29 - June 5 and December 2 - 9. It's one of my home resort and I absolutely love it. :flower1:

Hi everyone! We're checking into AKL CL Sun 15 Oct - Sun 29 Oct 2017. First time at AKL and at CL! :love:

Hi all! We will be at AKV - Jambo May 29 - June 5 and December 2 - 9. It's one of my home resort and I absolutely love it. :flower1:
May

Xlsm, Apr 30th - 6th, AKL

Mindeola, 1st - 4th, AKL

Traceylee, 6th - 14th, AKL

Katriscari, 6th - 16th, AKL

Ml sumner, 20th - 25th, AKL

PoohNFriends, 28th - Jun 3rd, AKL

Rlduvall, 29th - Jun 5th, AKV
December

Rlduvall, 2nd - 9th, AKV

Somnia, 8th - 15th Jambo CL

Sndral, 9th - 15th, Jambo

Sndral, 15th - 19th, Kidani

Hi everyone! We're checking into AKL CL Sun 15 Oct - Sun 29 Oct 2017. First time at AKL and at CL! :love:
October

Dgbg100106, 1st -4th, BCV

Pkltm, 2nd - 11th, AKL

Hi Pluto, 4th - 5th, Kidani

Kristenrice, 15th - 20th, AKV- Jambo

Karen1987, 15th - 29th, AKL CL

Bigskip, 28th - Nov 11th, AKL CL

Checking in to AKL first week in February. Anyone had success purchasing an upgrade to Concierge level (and the typical cost?) Just have a standard room booked now and am wondering if it is worth it.

Checking in to AKL first week in February. Anyone had success purchasing an upgrade to Concierge level (and the typical cost?) Just have a standard room booked now and am wondering if it is worth it.
Awesome! I've stayed AKL-CL numerous times and feels it's worth it! I love the breakfast, snacks throughout the day, hot appetizers and wine! The rates vary with discounts being offered. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter