Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Family Suites Information & Questions

loveisWDW1977 said:
Yes! They are heated. Well at least the guitar pool was.

You never know about the weather, you could have a really nice day combined with the heated pool, you're good to go:)

Ooo I hope so. We are going to all star music Jan.23rd (changed hotels incase all star sport's food court didn't reopen in time).

I hope someone knows the answer to this, it may be somewhere in these 73 pages, but I don't have the time to read through it all. Does anyone know the last time these rooms were renovated? I'm hoping it's not 2006:confused3

My sister called and said the food court will be closed this fall, anyone know if that is accurate? Will there be no food/refillable mugs available?

ETA: we're going anyway, we already booked the suite. I'll just have to plan our GG order to account for that.

Excited for our family suite. Just 173 days to go. :)

Wondering about transportation. The map I looked at of the resort showed only one bus stop, at the front of the resort. Is that accurate? :confused3

Wondering about transportation. The map I looked at of the resort showed only one bus stop, at the front of the resort. Is that accurate? :confused3
Yes each All-Star resort has one bus stop. In fact all Value resorts have only one stop.

If you have a family suite you will be very close to the front of the resort. So no worries that you may have a long hike!:)

Our trip in November will be our first value resort, but we are staying in one of the family suites, I hope we like it. For as little time as we spend in the room, I couldn't justify paying more for a smaller room at a Moderate or Deluxe. Unless we stay at the MK resorts, we drive everywhere anyway.

I know people have compared ASMu suites vs POR, but has anyone stayed at both that can tell me about any gotchas or problems with ASMu suites that I might need to think about?

TIA

My sister called and said the food court will be closed this fall, anyone know if that is accurate? Will there be no food/refillable mugs available?

ETA: we're going anyway, we already booked the suite. I'll just have to plan our GG order to account for that.

I just saw a post that said refurb on food court 8/1-12/20. I chatted with customer service on WDW website and she confirmed it would be under renovation for our travel in early August.

I just saw a post that said refurb on food court 8/1-12/20. I chatted with customer service on WDW website and she confirmed it would be under renovation for our travel in early August.

This has been knowledge on these boards since April - before Free Dining came out. Lots of folks made the decision to book elsewhere with the Free Dining promo since food is a big part of that package. Disney isn't going to formally announce until they absolutely have to so they don't lose bookings. I think they tend to send a letter about a month out to guests "sorry for the inconvenience." I remember the missing fridge letter came about 2 weeks before my trip but I knew from the boards months in advance.

Movies and Sports are not that far and for some rooms an easy walk. Look at the maps and find a location that is an easy walk and request that building. We tend to not use the resort food courts and enjoy the eats in the parks and DTD. If you have a car I would def drive to some of the moderates and eat at their food courts, much better and AoA is better than some of those.

I guess that is one downfall of staying here in Nov, but I can live with it.

We'll be staying in a suite, June 8-13, 2015: me, DH, DD(10), MIL, & my mom. Looking forward to keeping up on the board.

My DH and I are taking our grandkids down after Thanksgiving in 2015. In the past when we've gone with alot of our family we have rented a house off site. This time it will probably be just us and the kids (11 and 14). We want them to experience staying at one of the resorts. I won't lie, we'd love to have unlimited funds and be able to stay at one of the Deluxe resorts but unless we win the lottery that's just not possible. I've been researching and finally came upon the All Star Music Family Suites. These look great! I think this is where we'll be making our reservations for. Thank you for this great thread. I know that technically we could stay anywhere since there are only 4 of us in the room but we felt that the kids would prefer their own beds. They are too old to share a bed (one boy and one girl). Our other option is we share beds with them but let's face it, that's not ideal either. They both kick a lot! I think these suites will work perfectly.

is there an internal contact/person to reach/speak to who works for the reservations/requests for music? We just booked and would love/appreciate a connection. I had one from here on the board when we last went to Disney.

wondering w/3 little kids, staying at a family suite for our very 1st time, what to request. the least amount of walking the better. obviously any chance of loud hallways or floors is a turn off so would love best of both worlds if possible. THANKS so much!!!

so what is closest to the music when going by bus, and what's the furthest?

this thread always this quiet?!?!?! ;) all other hotel threads seem to be hopping. Where's everyone hiding? :yay:

following, getting family suite here for 5 nights, or a suite at AoA for 300.00 more.... kitchen here bigger.... ty for all the great info.!!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter