Disneyland's Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique

Yes, around 40 for adults is right. It varies a bit depending if it's off season or not. And you do get an AP discount, the usual food discount.

So I was a slacker mama and just called today to make an appointment for next week at the BBB for my little girl...and there was only ONE appointment slot left prior to our lunch at Ariel's Grotto. Eeep! So we have a BBB appt at 11:20 and then we have lunch at Ariel's at 12:50...it all sounds so rushed to me. Yuck.

Do they often have cancellations at BBB or take people early? I should have made this appointment weeks ago. Ugh. We're just doing the updo ($50 package) not the full mega-deal.

You won't know which princesses are back in PFF until you go around the corner and actually see them. And it is even possible that one might swap out with another right before you get to her.

It is also possible that you could wait for an hour plus, only to find the exact same princesses you saw the day before.

We've always seen 3 when we get back, but I understand that occasionally it might be 2.

It's a terrible set up. Take her to have lunch at Ariel's Grotto and pass on PFF.

Sorry to hijack....are the princesses there for lunch at Ariel's? I know they do character breakfasts, and that they're not there for dinner, but is the lunch a character lunch as well?

That's interesting about the PFF. I was hoping to save money and get her a pic with a princess at PFF rather than the character meal, but it sounds like that might be more hassle than it's worth? :confused:

Sorry to hijack....are the princesses there for lunch at Ariel's? I know they do character breakfasts, and that they're not there for dinner, but is the lunch a character lunch as well?

That's interesting about the PFF. I was hoping to save money and get her a pic with a princess at PFF rather than the character meal, but it sounds like that might be more hassle than it's worth? :confused:

Yes, the princesses are there for lunch, too.

This was the first year we did the PFF & we went the end of July & only had to wait 20 minutes!! It was the shortest I had ever seen that line!! We saw Tiana, Belle & Ariel. My daughter loved it!! The photo pass photographers are there to take lots of pics & will take pics with your camera as well.

Ariel's Grotto is a great character meal if that is what you want. The food is good & the princesses come by your table for autographs & pics. Ariel's does tend to be a bit on the spendy side.

So we have a BBB appt at 11:20 and then we have lunch at Ariel's at 12:50...it all sounds so rushed to me. Yuck.

You'll be okay. They took around 45 minutes with me, and that was because my relatively short hair was a problem.

So I was a slacker mama and just called today to make an appointment for next week at the BBB for my little girl...and there was only ONE appointment slot left prior to our lunch at Ariel's Grotto. Eeep! So we have a BBB appt at 11:20 and then we have lunch at Ariel's at 12:50...it all sounds so rushed to me. Yuck.

Do they often have cancellations at BBB or take people early? I should have made this appointment weeks ago. Ugh. We're just doing the updo ($50 package) not the full mega-deal.

You will have plenty of time. It took us about 45 to get done. And yes they will take you early if there is time, when we went we had 9:10, 9:20 & 9:30 appt times, we got there at 9:15 and they took us all back together. So check in early and see what happens for you.

You'll be okay. They took around 45 minutes with me, and that was because my relatively short hair was a problem.

You will have plenty of time. It took us about 45 to get done. And yes they will take you early if there is time, when we went we had 9:10, 9:20 & 9:30 appt times, we got there at 9:15 and they took us all back together. So check in early and see what happens for you.

Well, my 6.5 year old has waist length straight hair, so length isn't a problem! ;)

Good to know that there is a possibility of maybe going back early...I'll keep my fingers crossed they'll take us early.

Thanks everyone for posting your pics and experience, I was wondering if someone could explain to me the difference between the $200 vs. $50 package other than the outfits and pictures?

If we get the $50 could we still take pictures by the coach? Or is that limited only for the big package?

Also what is included in the photo package? and how does it work? Do they take the pictures at a different location?

I'm trying to decide if the $200 package is worth it for 2 girls or if I should go with the smaller package and buy them the princess outfits separately.

Thank you so much!

Oh one more thing, does anybody have an experience with a teenager? :)

Thanks!

Basically the BIG package includes the costume, shoes, tiara or gloves & wand.....plus the hair, make-up, nails, jewelry & body jewels with the photo package.

If you have your own costumes, then just doing the smaller hair & nail package would be the way to go. You can add the photo session for $29.95. They have a small room set up with 3 different scenes that they will take pictures in front of. You get a 5x7 & 4 standard size photos.

You spend very little to a whole lot depending on what you want. Hope that helps!!

No help for the teen though.....I did see teens in there.....they can do the hair & make-up.....but anyone over the age of 9 can not wear a costume!! Adults also can do that package as well!!

If we get the $50 could we still take pictures by the coach? Or is that limited only for the big package?

I did the $50 package for my daughter and she LOVED it. The Photopass photographers took pictures of her during the process while she sat in the chair (and I took pictures with my camera too) and then they took pictures when she was done, too. All of her pictures were done while she sat in the chair--no backgrounds/coach or anything like that. All of the pictures are on our Photopass card with the rest of our Disneyland pictures.

The $50 covered her hair (she had the princess updo), a simple little tiara, makeup (including a little jewel stuck on her face), a ring, the comb they did her hair with, the leftover makeup, and a flimsy pink backpack to carry the leftover junk in. Oh and a pink sash saying Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.

She wore her Cinderella dress from home and was totally happy with what was done--she is almost seven and had no idea there were fancier things that could be done. They don't try to upsell you and guilt you into doing more for your child.

It was a great experience overall. VERY crowded, but my daughter was thrilled.

Thanks DizNee Luver and DisSarahK!!
That's what I needed to know. I wasn't sure if the picture session is limited to the big package deal or what :)

One more question, do we have to schedule the photo session too or no appt necessary?

So excited. I booked the Castle package for my DD for next Tuesday. We are doing the Halloween party Tuesday night and this is part of her "costume". She is going as Belle this year.

Will they let me video them doing her hair?? I love all the things they do with the girls hair, but I need to video so I can try to do myself ON Halloween.

Thanks DizNee Luver and DisSarahK!!
That's what I needed to know. I wasn't sure if the picture session is limited to the big package deal or what :)

One more question, do we have to schedule the photo session too or no appt necessary?

I would ask when you call for your ressie....otherwise tell them you'd like to add that to your package at check-in.

So excited. I booked the Castle package for my DD for next Tuesday. We are doing the Halloween party Tuesday night and this is part of her "costume". She is going as Belle this year.

Will they let me video them doing her hair?? I love all the things they do with the girls hair, but I need to video so I can try to do myself ON Halloween.

I took pictures during the entire process so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to videotape!!

Oh and I see she picked the pink hair like my DD did! LOL! :rotfl2: Nothing make me prouder than my DD having a head full of pink fluff. :thumbsup2

jenseib,
Do you mind me asking you where you got that beautiful princess costume in your sig?
It is breathtaking...:love:

Thanks everyone for posting your pics and experience, I was wondering if someone could explain to me the difference between the $200 vs. $50 package other than the outfits and pictures?

Also what is included in the photo package? and how does it work? Do they take the pictures at a different location?

I'm trying to decide if the $200 package is worth it for 2 girls or if I should go with the smaller package and buy them the princess outfits separately.

Thank you so much!

Oh one more thing, does anybody have an experience with a teenager? :)

Thanks!

We did not do the big package and we did do the photos with the coach and the animals. So yes, you can add that on. there's a room in the back where they do the photos, they will put them on your photopass card and you can purchase pictures right there as well, I just had it all put on my photopass card and then I ordered that when we got home.

As for doing teens, I was there for MY birthday, I was the bday queen. lol I took my DD's and did this for my 38th bday, 1 DD was 9 at the time, the other was 13 so yes teens AND adults are just fine.

None of us did the big packages, we just did the hair/makeup combo, we didn't even do the nails. DDthen13 and I couldn't get costumes (nor did we want them) and DDthen9 didn't want to be the only one dressed up. You can take your own dress in and have your DD's change there, they don't mind that at all or you can have the kids wear costumes to the BBB the day of the makeovers. It's not a problem at all to supply your own costumes.

Thanks DizNee and pixiewings... now I just have to ask if my niece would want to do it too. I feel bad that to leave her out since she's a teenager already and the others are 8 and under. But I have a feeling she'd rather I give her cash than make her sit through a princess makeover... :lmao:

Thanks DizNee and pixiewings... now I just have to ask if my niece would want to do it too. I feel bad that to leave her out since she's a teenager already and the others are 8 and under. But I have a feeling she'd rather I give her cash than make her sit through a princess makeover... :lmao:

Not sure if they are still doing it, but they used to do really cool face painting over by Tinkerbell & the Matterhorn that I would think a teenager would really love. Maybe that could be an alternative to doing the princess thing....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter