Disneyland show?

There's a lot of speculation being thrown around about the status of people's jobs/positions.

Until it's fully disclosed we probably shouldn't be making theories on where people stand or why things were changed.

Let's see …

Tom, Mary Jo, Nancy, Tony, and Michael weren't on the first, second, and third Disneyland shows.

Michael was moved off of the Disneyland show and is creating weekly Connecting With Walt episodes.

We haven't heard from Tony since mid December.

Tom, Mary Jo, and Nancy have been on a few of the Best and Worst of Disneyland show.

Pete is the host of the new Disneyland show, not Tom.

No speculation needed. Those are the facts.

The only team member I haven't seen in a vlog in the last 6 months is Tony. The others you mentioned are still involved in various aspects, which is nice to see.

As I mentioned prior, I didn't listen to the DL podcast. However, I did watch their vlogs when they were posted to YouTube over the last couple of years that I've been following the DIS. Now that Pete is hosting a weekly show regarding DL I am watching every week. This isn't due to the previous hosts, but I don't listen/watch to podcasts outside of YouTube. Since Michael & Craig are hosting weekly Connecting With Walt programs I actually subscribed to the Itunes podcast for that show.

I see this as no different then when members of the WDW would leave for various reasons. You get used to seeing/hearing them, and when they are gone it feels like a piece is now missing. The beauty though is that Pete & Co. seem to always bounce back and find someone perfect to fill that spot.

You have every right to be upset that your avenue for DL content has been turned upside down. The only advice I can give is to continue to watch, and check out whether Tom, Mary Jo, Nancy, etc.. make appearances.

Like you're doing right now.

The original Disneyland team's show was cancelled. The fans of that show and particularly the people who put much effort into informing us of Disneyland, the history of the studios and the parks, and the surrounding area (Day 6) are not happy that this team has been broken up.

Tom, Mary Jo, Nancy, Tony, and Michael weren't even given a chance to have a Good Night Kiss show.
Nice response lol

The only team member I haven't seen in a vlog in the last 6 months is Tony. The others you mentioned are still involved in various aspects, which is nice to see.

As I mentioned prior, I didn't listen to the DL podcast. However, I did watch their vlogs when they were posted to YouTube over the last couple of years that I've been following the DIS. Now that Pete is hosting a weekly show regarding DL I am watching every week. This isn't due to the previous hosts, but I don't listen/watch to podcasts outside of YouTube. Since Michael & Craig are hosting weekly Connecting With Walt programs I actually subscribed to the Itunes podcast for that show.

I see this as no different then when members of the WDW would leave for various reasons. You get used to seeing/hearing them, and when they are gone it feels like a piece is now missing. The beauty though is that Pete & Co. seem to always bounce back and find someone perfect to fill that spot.

You have every right to be upset that your avenue for DL content has been turned upside down. The only advice I can give is to continue to watch, and check out whether Tom, Mary Jo, Nancy, etc.. make appearances.

Pete changed what the Disneyland show is about. It's focused on Dreams Unlimited Travel. It no longer has the historical aspects that came with people who grew up going to Disneyland. These people live in the state that this resort is in. They not only know Disneyland, but also the surrounding area.

I have no interest in the current model of the show. I watched the first show and stopped the second show when I realized what had happened to the show. My reason for no longer watching the show has nothing to do with who is currently on the show, but rather who is no longer on the show full time.

Like you're doing right now.

The original Disneyland team's show was cancelled. The fans of that show and particularly the people who put much effort into informing us of Disneyland, the history of the studios and the parks, and the surrounding area (Day 6) are not happy that this team has been broken up.

Tom, Mary Jo, Nancy, Tony, and Michael weren't even given a chance to have a Good Night Kiss show.

Sad but true. It looks like they have been cast aside. I'd love it if they started their own podcast or become one of micechat's podcasts.

Sad but true. It looks like they have been cast aside. I'd love it if they started their own podcast or become one of micechat's podcasts.

I wonder if they have a non-compete clause, or if they would just be too loyal to Pete to start their own?

The show today was pretty much the same. We really need the flavor of Mary Jo and Tom back. I really wish they combine the best of both worlds. The old show had lots of fabulous parts but had room for improvement. Well so does this version. Why can’t they take the knowledge and experience of the old cast with the production quality and tempo of the new show and create a powerhouse of DL content?
I didn’t understand the “Attraction Envy” segment. It was a lot of “I kind of want this but I also think it makes alot more sense there then here so wait never mind.” Both Katrina and Ryno picked things but adamantly said they didn’t want to give up the version their parks had in exchange.
Oh. So we all wish we had every ride and land and queue everywhere. Well... okay. $$$$$$
I roared with laughter when Pete was ranting about not understanding DL fans and what they want. Haha yeah I guess we are a fanatic fandom.
But on a positive note, Pete final part at the end was very good. He talked about DL with great affection, that was completely sincere and thoughtful. I also know he is making sacrifices to be in CA frequently. I appreciate his efforts and investment.
I have no problem with Pete being heavily involved in the show. I just wish we still had our old cast contributing regulaly and news segments.

The show today was pretty much the same. We really need the flavor of Mary Jo and Tom back. I really wish they combine the best of both worlds. The old show had lots of fabulous parts but had room for improvement. Well so does this version. Why can’t they take the knowledge and experience of the old cast with the production quality and tempo of the new show and create a powerhouse of DL content?
I didn’t understand the “Attraction Envy” segment. It was a lot of “I kind of want this but I also think it makes alot more sense there then here so wait never mind.” Both Katrina and Ryno picked things but adamantly said they didn’t want to give up the version their parks had in exchange.
Oh. So we all wish we had every ride and land and queue everywhere. Well... okay. $$$$$$
I roared with laughter when Pete was ranting about not understanding DL fans and what they want. Haha yeah I guess we are a fanatic fandom.
But on a positive note, Pete final part at the end was very good. He talked about DL with great affection, that was completely sincere and thoughtful. I also know he is making sacrifices to be in CA frequently. I appreciate his efforts and investment.
I have no problem with Pete being heavily involved in the show. I just wish we still had our old cast contributing regulaly and news segments.
I agree, Pete shows great affection for Disneyland. His frequent trips to California are appreciated.

I totally agree that neither format is right or wrong. In the first episode Pete says he wants these Disneyland shows to help you plan your Disneyland vacation. This is where the new format, in my opinion, does not meet that expectation and goal. Yes, the segments in themselves are good and they are very informative. But I am not necessarily going to plan a vacation around merchandise or how different/similar DL and WDW are.

Having some of the relevant news items, like World of Color being down for an extended period of time or what to expect at Mickey's Halloween Party or Christmas Party would help me plan my vacation. Even talking more about the DL hotels and good neighbor hotels, with a plug for Dreams Unlimited Travel, would even help me better plan my trip.

Now in the most recent episode, the segment on MaxPass versus FP+ was a good topic. That definitely helps people in planning their DL vacation.

I am really enjoying the content that Tyler and Katrina are producing. Those vlogs and the articles Katrina has written have helped me more in planning future DL vacations than this redesigned show. Don't get me wrong, I love all of the DIS team and I want this show to succeed. I will continue to watch and hopefully these comments/feedback are heard and taken into consideration.

Exactly. I get that Pete is wanting to make it a planning oriented show, but the show doesn’t help with 0lanning the way it used to. How in the world did the “Help,” segments - where the team would literally walk a family through trip planning - somehow not help trip planning? We were one of those lucky families, and the input of the local team was priceless. I love Ryno and Pete, but they couldn’t give us the feedback on traffic flow and day 6 type activities that we got from the local team, and that information was *key* to planning a successful trip.

And then you have the day 6 segments...all about the local area outside of DLR. agaon, invaluable trip planning, especially for a family like ours from the east coast.

Nancy’s merchandise segments were helpful too, as it is so nice to not have to comb the emporium or every shop in the park looking for stuff you’ll like. (and I did mug coverage on the first reboot show...just bought a DWD mug in our local Disney outlet...wouldn’t have known about it without that discussion! DH is a huge DWD fan.

And yes, the news segments and rapid fire helped us plan our trips also. The news on the DLR show was mostly about the DLR parks or surrounding events, whereas on the WDW show it is more about the company at large. The latter is not so helpful in planning a trip. The park news, though, was invaluable in trip planning. Knowing what new characters may be out that week (for ex, when we went during Lunar New Year I actually listened to the previous year’s podcast to get some insight since it was down this year), what AP happenings might be going on (in order to avoid if necessary), etc etc.

I was so excited for this to come back, but I haven’t listened to a show beyond the first one yet. It’s just not a priority the way it previously was.

I wonder if they have a non-compete clause, or if they would just be too loyal to Pete to start their own?

You can't expect loyalty when you let somebody go. And its not like they would be competing. The old Disneyland podcast was a different type of show that appealed to people who have been going to Disneyland for a long time. The current show, as someone already posted, seems to be geared towards people who have never been to Disneyland and are planning a trip for the first time. And there is nothing wrong with that. But it doesn't fill the niche the old podcast was made for.

I am curious what’s happening with the DL B&W, this is the third Monday with no show.
The last one I see is from June 11th.
There is a unlisted one floating out on YouTube from weeks ago about drinks in DCA and frankly, is too bad it’s not been released because it was the best one yet. I do admit that it’s improved significantly.

Last edited:
Exactly. I get that Pete is wanting to make it a planning oriented show, but the show doesn’t help with 0lanning the way it used to. How in the world did the “Help,” segments - where the team would literally walk a family through trip planning - somehow not help trip planning? We were one of those lucky families, and the input of the local team was priceless. I love Ryno and Pete, but they couldn’t give us the feedback on traffic flow and day 6 type activities that we got from the local team, and that information was *key* to planning a successful trip.

And then you have the day 6 segments...all about the local area outside of DLR. agaon, invaluable trip planning, especially for a family like ours from the east coast.

Nancy’s merchandise segments were helpful too, as it is so nice to not have to comb the emporium or every shop in the park looking for stuff you’ll like. (and I did mug coverage on the first reboot show...just bought a DWD mug in our local Disney outlet...wouldn’t have known about it without that discussion! DH is a huge DWD fan.

And yes, the news segments and rapid fire helped us plan our trips also. The news on the DLR show was mostly about the DLR parks or surrounding events, whereas on the WDW show it is more about the company at large. The latter is not so helpful in planning a trip. The park news, though, was invaluable in trip planning. Knowing what new characters may be out that week (for ex, when we went during Lunar New Year I actually listened to the previous year’s podcast to get some insight since it was down this year), what AP happenings might be going on (in order to avoid if necessary), etc etc.

I was so excited for this to come back, but I haven’t listened to a show beyond the first one yet. It’s just not a priority the way it previously was.

I loved those segments! I was hoping that we could one day be that lucky family! I learned a lot though listening to other’s get help. I am planning to go back and listen to some of those episodes.

I've stopped listening to all the Dis shows now except the main WDW one. Most of the others seem to be made up of comparing everything and after a few months it's become boring.

The WDW show with John presenting was great. To me is came across that everyone was more relaxed and I in turn enjoyed it more.

EVERY podcast since Pete took over has had a WDW vs. DLR segment.

The one today was “Attraction Envy.” Attractions at the different resorts you wish were at the other. Which he said was “new.” Yeah, never heard that on any podcast before.

Still waiting to hear from someone in CA besides Tyler and Katrina. Like, the folks who hosted for almost 10 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter