Disneyland Secrets

My Nephew used to work there and he said that when you go through HM at the point where the car turns you around to face the dining room, if you look behind you you will see an old fashioned wheelchair that belonged to someone who loved the ride. Whether it is real or phantom I am not sure but I did see it for only a second on my last trip. In order to see it though you really have to strain to turn around there so be careful!
The Mermaids! Not really a secret but does anyone remember the mermaids who sat on the rocks in the lagoon (where the submarine ride was) brushing their very long hair all day? All I wanted to be when I grew up (besides a Mom) was one of those mermaids!
The popcorn machines. There are popcorn machines all over the place. Look at the little guy that is turning the wheel for the popcorn, he is different in every land!

That's all I can think of for now but I know there are tons more.
Kelley

* Snow White - and Enchanting Musical - Although most people flock to sit in the middle rows of the theater, one of the best places is the front row on the far right side. Characters from the musical come down to shake the hands of children sitting here!

* Space Mountain is sunk into the ground nearly 20 feet so that it does not dwarf Sleeping Beauty's Castle princess:

* Innoventions - You may recognize the voice of Tom Morrow. It is the actor Nathan Lane, who did the voice for Timon in The Lion King. Also, if you can't read the note in his pocket, it says "Buy 10 W 30". If you have the time, watch the robot after he gives his spiel and the other guests have moved on. He will move and act like a person who is bored and waiting for his next group of guests!

* Astro Orbitor - When you look at the tail fins of the 12 rockets, notice that each has a different sign of the zodiac.

* Mickey's House- When you enter Mickey's house, the first room contains a passport with stamps from everywhere a Disneyland is located.

I think I'll have to start writing these down in preparation for my trip! Wish me luck!

ive only been there a few times, so i don't have one, i will find one though, one day...

1. you can get a list of all the hidden mickey locations at city hall. my dad did this and we now have 50 hidden mickey pictures on our computer.
2. there is a regulation size halfcourt in the matterhorn. this was confirmed by a former cast member and he didnt say anything about it being just for the climbers.
3. the skies above disneyland is restricted skyspace. i remember either reading this or someone telling me this quite a while ago. not sure its true but i've never heard a plane flying over disneyland.

this is a really cool thread. keep it going.

It's actually only restricted when there's a certain threat level--I think code orange. Otherwise, it's not. I see planes and helicopters flying over all the time, though 9 times out of 10 they're either police, fire, or military. BTW, DL will take itself up to code orange, even when the rest of the country is not. You can tell because security officers outside the park (DTD and bag check areas) will be wearing orange vests. Usually you don't see security at bag check unless DL goes to code orange.

dornen said:
1. you can get a list of all the hidden mickey locations at city hall. my dad did this and we now have 50 hidden mickey pictures on our computer.

this is a really cool thread. keep it going.

Where can you get the list of hidden mickeys? Thanks

11450dlmap50.jpg

Will all the 50th stuff be gone before November? I think I read somewhere that it will be, which is sad as I want to see the murals of photos but never mind, I'm sure there will be another celebration by the time we go, this is Disney after all!

awesome thread!!!!

Thanks for all the secrets!!!

Can't wait to check them all out!

:thanks: :disrocks:

The last date I heard for the end of the celbration is through September, but I keep hearing different dates. As for wether or not the murals will still be up I don't know. I really wonder if they'll go through and tear them down right away, or if maybe they will keep them up. None of them are really in a place that would cause problems, so I would love it if they stayed for awhile, but I have not clue what the plans are.

i have a feeling they're going to keep the murals. they're just too cool to take down. but if they do take them down they'd better auction them off.

FanOfStitch said:
I just got back from my DL trip and took the Welcome to Disneyland tour. We were told by our guide that as long as you use your fastpasses on the same day and not before the start time, the fastpasses don't expire. It was good information to know. We took our time and didn't worry about getting the attraction between that hour. The bad part is it does make for longer FP lines.

Bust doesnt an employee take the fastpass from you as you get on the ride??? :confused3

Tink! said:
Bust doesnt an employee take the fastpass from you as you get on the ride??? :confused3

You get your fastpasses from a machine. You swipe your park pass, and it prints you out fastpasses.

The fastpass will say "return between 1:00-2:00." (Or some other one hour slot). The secret is is that you can return anytime after 1:00, and still get in the fastpass line. You can return at 7:00 that night if you want. When you get in the fastpass line, that is when you give your fastpass to the CM.

eileenkeeney said:
On the map I have, of Disneyland when it first opened, I believe this is called Holiday Hill.
At some point (I think 1956) it held the steel tower that supported the Skyway attraction.
Then at some point it became snow hill, and then the Matterhorn.

I have another book, which I believe is in error.
It tries to state that HolidayLand was in the same location as the current New Orleans square, but then goes on to describe Holidayland as being behind Tomorrowland.

Holiday Hill was where the Matterhorn is today... and HolidayLand was behind where New Orleans Square is today. :)

kgwoozle said:
Ummm correction to the correction

"Lady Washington was built over a two-year period. She was launched (her birthday) on March 7, 1989. Then she was rigged over the next two months and set sail on her maiden voyage in May. She was rerigged within a year and has been sailing since"
-FAQ Lady Washington Home Page

Sailing Ship Columbia was added to DisneyLand in 1958. So can't She be a replica of the Lady Washington.

Sorry

The original Columbia was built in 1787 in Plymouth Mass, and set sail of that year on Sept 30th on a mission to take the Stats n Stripes around the world.

The Disneyland version was built by Todd Shipyards in Long Beach, CA based on blueprints by maritime expert Ray Wallace.
The original plans for the Columbia had been lost... so Ray Wallace based
Disneyland's Sailing Ship Columbia on the plans of the HMS Bounty (of Mutiny on the .... fame).
The Bounty having been built in England, just two years before the original Columbia.

The Sailing Ship Columbia launched at DL on June 14th, 1958. With Admiral Joe Fowler, Ray Wallace and several members of the US Navy present at the dedication and maiden voyage on the Rivers of America.

Source.. Disneyland, the Nickel Tour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter