Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

That 5K course looks awesome! Start in DLR and finish in DCA.. so cool! But the map has me nervous for the half and my lack of training...
When I did Tink in 2017 (my one and only DL Half), I hated how front-loaded the course was. Looks like they did it again. Sigh. But there was decent crowd support, local marching bands and entertainment out on the streets. And loads of dogs! I started counting DPMs (dogs per mile) at one point.

But the 10K will make up for it. SUCH a great course with awesome park time. And I finally get to run through Galaxy's Edge! I've somehow missed all the courses that go through there at WDW.

I have two thoughts about the C2C medals. It could it be the medals are resort specific. The first will be given at WDW, the second at DLR. Or, it could be associated with the Track 1/Track 2 system for earning the medal.
I’m pretty sure it’s associated with tracks because it doesn’t make it make much sense to be doing by resort
Thought last night I knew where the start/finish probably was for the 10 and half ended up being right on the money.

And yes I got my wish from earlier this year that either we would come out of Toontown into Fantasyland (the least difficult of the two hills) or in the case of the half avoid it entirely.

Also looks like the 5k is not going to be spectator friendly. If I remember right that crossover is in a tunnel underground where people can’t watch runners.

Honestly seeing the info this afternoon is kind of hilarious because the lady I was talking too last night about AWD kept making it sound like some of this info wouldn’t be releasing this quickz

When I did Tink in 2017 (my one and only DL Half), I hated how front-loaded the course was. Looks like they did it again. Sigh. But there was decent crowd support, local marching bands and entertainment out on the streets. And loads of dogs! I started counting DPMs (dogs per mile) at one point.
I've never run DL before and I'm a little nervous about the lack of real bathrooms after we exit the parks. I'm assuming there will be port-a-potties. But, hey, no highway ramps?!

Also had a feeling the start would be in front of the castle since the old Tink 5k did that. But wasn’t as confident on where the finish would be placed. I vaguely remember one of the old ones finishing in the vicinity of Pixar Pier but that wasn’t the norm I do know.

But the 10K will make up for it. SUCH a great course with awesome park time. And I finally get to run through Galaxy's Edge! I've somehow missed all the courses that go through there at WDW.
Yeah historically the DL races have always been front heavy. So that’s honestly not the biggest surprise. I didn’t think they would try and rock the boat with late miles (and it’s been a while since they don’t that anyway. Longer than the hiatus). Might be something they consider for Halloween but who knows.

Also wow this is going to be a fast start.

IMG_5589.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5589.jpeg
    IMG_5589.jpeg
    20.6 KB · Views: 15
I've never run DL before and I'm a little nervous about the lack of real bathrooms after we exit the parks. I'm assuming there will be port-a-potties. But, hey, no highway ramps?!
They do. So does WDW actually.

And we actually do have a highway overpass on Ball and it is a nasty hill if it’s the one I’m thinking of. All of the ones around Disneyland are. But at least it’s mile 5 and all of the other feeeway passes go under if I remember right.

15 minutes? Yikes! How small is the field?
I think it’s less size and more because once we get rolling with this race it’s a continuous start. Like I said upthread somewhere the 5k castle starts historically are first come first serve. So no proper corrals meaning no pauses.

This is also why I had to contact AWD and ask how the heck are start would work because I know it wouldn’t for us (long story short we have a check in table from where the walkover will commence I assume)

As I recall there were a few portas at each water station and aid station, but not a ton. There were also a few local businesses allowing runners to use theirs (gas stations, iirc).

I think it’s less size and more because once we get rolling with this race it’s a continuous start. Like I said upthread somewhere the 5k castle starts historically are first come first serve. So no proper corrals meaning no pauses.

This ^^^ -- Looks to me like they aren't changing that since there is no map for the pre-race area for the 5K.

Putting this here so I don't lose it.

Photopass Bib Linking
To link your photos, you will need to enter the 11-digit RaceID followed by your 5-digit bib number. If your bib number is less than 5 digits, please add zeros at the beginning of your bib number to complete the 16-digit code. See below for RaceIDs; replace the x’s with your bib number to complete the code:

runDisney Kids Races: 2024 LAND KIDx xxxx
Disneyland 5K: 2024 LAND D5Kx xxxx
Disneyland 10K: 2024 LAND 10Kx xxxx
Disneyland Half Marathon: 2024 LAND HLFx xxxx

If you are attending Yoga, Disney PhotoPass® Photographers will happily scan your Disneyland App, Magic Band+ or a Disney PhotoPass card to receive your photos.

Okay having found this I’m going to say the 5:35 is them being overly optimistic in projecting how long the start takes. Because these aren’t tiny corrals.

Also had a brief moment of concern about getting in if you’re coming from the south (where my hotel for the 10 and half are) but looks like that’s planned for.

Though this makes it look like coming in for the race and parking might be the least optimal way
IMG_5592.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter