Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

If the registration process is the same as the recent past and the same as Disney World races have been, then this run-down should be helpful.

Registration Run-Down w/ Images! (A comprehensive run-down of the registration process) & Part 2

The #1 thing I learned from Princess 2023 registration was that just like a Queue ID is shareable to another person after you've completed your own registration, a Queue ID is shareable to yourself.

So for instance, let's say Safari on my phone has the lowest wait time of all my devices, and my computer wait times are all much longer. But I don't feel confident I can register quickly on my phone. I can email myself the link (I believe you click on the underlined queue ID and it says "copy link"), and then open it on my computer. Nothing happened to the link of my phone and it proceeded as normal. But now I had the exact same wait and queue ID on my computer opened if I'm remembering correctly in a different browser (same browser would work too). I was then able to register faster on my computer.

I can't even tell you how stressed I am about this DL registration. And I *cannot* believe they haven't even told us what TIME the registration will take place. We're 12 days out. That's just crazy.

Struggling over the moral quandary whether or not to use all tools available to register seems to be less helpful. We've seen many times on this forum that we can share the queue IDs so that resources are more widely shared to increase the chance of success, not just for the individual but also the community.

I completely agree with the folks that are concerned about opening only one browser, getting a queue ID that will be too long in time to have odds of success. It would be interesting if the back-end programming for registration was changed so that even incognito browsers had an IP address logged. I'm not a tech person, so not sure if they could do that....
Locking it to an ip address would just punish the less tech savvy. All devices from a single household typically share a single external ip address. So you would be limited to one spot in queue per household.

However the more techy people would be aware of this and would work around it.

I can't even tell you how stressed I am about this DL registration. And I *cannot* believe they haven't even told us what TIME the registration will take place. We're 12 days out. That's just crazy.
I’m CrD, so I’m 5 days out from registering at some mysterious time for 3 races whose themes and prices I don’t know 😂😂 Thanks for being on top of this stuff Disney!!

Locking it to an ip address would just punish the less tech savvy. All devices from a single household typically share a single external ip address. So you would be limited to one spot in queue per household.

Don't the incognito browsers get around this anyway? VPNs certainly would, right?

I admit I'm a little nervous about the line in the video about opening more than one browser "will get you on Santa's naughty list" - is that a lighthearted joke OR DO WILL THEY REALLY HAVE A runD TECH VIOLATING NAUGHTY LIST? I mean, given the lightening sophistication of runD IT, I think we all know it's a joke...... but what if it's not??

Don't the incognito browsers get around this anyway? VPNs certainly would, right?

I admit I'm a little nervous about the line in the video about opening more than one browser "will get you on Santa's naughty list" - is that a lighthearted joke OR DO WILL THEY REALLY HAVE A runD TECH VIOLATING NAUGHTY LIST? I mean, given the lightening sophistication of runD IT, I think we all know it's a joke...... but what if it's not??

Incognito browsers wouldn't, but a VPN would, provided only some of the devices are using the VPN.

One of the easiest ways of getting around an IP based filter is to not have your phone connected to the WiFi network your computer is on. The server would see your phone coming from somewhere different than your computer.

And about the "naughty list," let's be honest, runDisney can barely runWebsite. 🤪

Someone correct me if the DL registration is different as I have only done WDW!
We don't know yet. Last time DL had races they were still using Active for registrations! I don't know why they'd set up a whole new system, though.

I’m CrD, so I’m 5 days out from registering at some mysterious time for 3 races whose themes and prices I don’t know 😂😂
SAME! I got excited when I got the rD email yesterday thinking it might have some Club info, but no... W&D Half theme. REALLY?!

And about the "naughty list," let's be honest, runDisney can barely runWebsite.
LOL this might have to become part of my signature. Perfectly stated!

Struggling over the moral quandary whether or not to use all tools available to register seems to be less helpful. We've seen many times on this forum that we can share the queue IDs so that resources are more widely shared to increase the chance of success, not just for the individual but also the community.

I completely agree with the folks that are concerned about opening only one browser, getting a queue ID that will be too long in time to have odds of success. It would be interesting if the back-end programming for registration was changed so that even incognito browsers had an IP address logged. I'm not a tech person, so not sure if they could do that....

And after seeing people struggle with glitching websites back when they used it for Touch of Disney at DLR (they got told too bad, so sad, get back in line), I will ALWAYS have a spare queue for someone. I was able to save a few people that day who got the short end of the stick after waiting their time and Disney IT did what Disney IT does.

If the registration process is the same as the recent past and the same as Disney World races have been, then this run-down should be helpful.

Registration Run-Down w/ Images! (A comprehensive run-down of the registration process) & Part 2

The #1 thing I learned from Princess 2023 registration was that just like a Queue ID is shareable to another person after you've completed your own registration, a Queue ID is shareable to yourself.

So for instance, let's say Safari on my phone has the lowest wait time of all my devices, and my computer wait times are all much longer. But I don't feel confident I can register quickly on my phone. I can email myself the link (I believe you click on the underlined queue ID and it says "copy link"), and then open it on my computer. Nothing happened to the link of my phone and it proceeded as normal. But now I had the exact same wait and queue ID on my computer opened if I'm remembering correctly in a different browser (same browser would work too). I was then able to register faster on my computer.

Yeah, that's actually why Queue ID exists: so you can easily reopen it for yourself. Disney greatly reduces the capabilities of it. Normally there's an "email me when it's almost my turn" option. Disney got rid of that. They also got rid of the option to leave a queue.

I got used to the quirks of Queue It first with Build a Bear and then with the 65th anniversary for DLR merch drop back in 2020. It's really a crime how much Disney hinders the customer friendly features.

I'm not sure if they'll do it different for DLR races or not, but note that they've been doing everything they can to block DLR related things from even seeing the Queue ID anymore. The link to easily copy has been gone awhile and we've (us over on the DLR side) been having to go into the source code to locate it.

This. IP bans/punishments are extremely ineffective and can end up affecting someone completely unrelated. Like someone on a school, work, or public WiFi. Ban/punish that, and you could be affecting several more people than intended. The blow back would not be worth it. It's why a very large website I used to frequent stopped doing them because they kept accidentally perma-banning large numbers of users.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter