DisneyEverAfter's Escape 5/8/12 SBP/Fultons/Japan ~ TR put on hold...

Your surprise shower is amazing! Gah! I wish I had seen those cake eating forks: those TOTALLY would have been mine! :lmao: And the BOUQUET! OMG!!! I love that thing. It sounds like you have a wonderful FMIL.

WOW! She is awesome! So glad you had a nice shower, I too am not a fan of showers but your own is different.

So I think you may be my long lost twin, no only do we have almost the same birthday, and we both love vintage stuff, I am originally from NY. DF and I both grew up in Hicksville (Long Island).

PS - I forgot to tell you last night when I posted, I LOVE THAT POEM. Shel Silverstein, right!?!? I was an English: Comm major in college and I have a few of his books, just because they're fun and they make great coffee table books. :)

Just joining in but awesome surprise shower!

Thank you! Not a fan of showers in general, but I had a blast at mine!

Your surprise shower is amazing! Gah! I wish I had seen those cake eating forks: those TOTALLY would have been mine! :lmao: And the BOUQUET! OMG!!! I love that thing. It sounds like you have a wonderful FMIL.

I love EVERYTHING FMIL made me! I love her! Thank you!!!

WOW! She is awesome! So glad you had a nice shower, I too am not a fan of showers but your own is different.

So I think you may be my long lost twin, no only do we have almost the same birthday, and we both love vintage stuff, I am originally from NY. DF and I both grew up in Hicksville (Long Island).

PS - I forgot to tell you last night when I posted, I LOVE THAT POEM. Shel Silverstein, right!?!? I was an English: Comm major in college and I have a few of his books, just because they're fun and they make great coffee table books. :)

I'm not a big fan of showers either, but mine felt so... homey? I guess? :rotfl: It was small & wasn't full of boring present opening (for hours omg, I hate that lol) We must be twins! :lmao: I'm actually originally from CT but we live in the beautiful Hudson Valley now (New Windsor). & I actually don't know who wrote the poem! DF's grandma randomly started quoting it xD But we think it's really cute :goodvibes

Holy moly, Nyx's mom is so talented! That was so sweet of her to make all those fantastic things and to do a surprise shower! And those dessert forks... those were seriously tempting me on Etsy for quite some time. One day! ;)

11 more days! :dance3:

Holy moly, Nyx's mom is so talented! That was so sweet of her to make all those fantastic things and to do a surprise shower! And those dessert forks... those were seriously tempting me on Etsy for quite some time. One day! ;)

11 more days! :dance3:

YES I'd seen the forks before & thought they were super cute! I wasn't gunna buy them, but HEY now I have them :rotfl: She is a Goddess of Art, I swear! Hahaha *DANCEDANCEDANCE* I'm getting super excited! :hyper: I have 3 more days to work & I'll be off for vacatioooon!

Vacation is always good!! So excited for you!

Super excited! Vacation starts in 9 days :hyper:

Oh my word that's the sweetest! We're into steampunk as well!

Thank you! YAY! A fellow steampunk...ian...? lol I am obsessed with clocks since always @_@ Just never knew it had a name... FMIL & I are obsessed with it & FFIL & DF didn't get it at first, they thought it was some Sci-Fi something-or-other until I explained it more to DF & He was like, "OH I love that kind of stuff!" I am making him a steampunk outfit, but he doesn't know it yet =P

YES I'd seen the forks before & thought they were super cute! I wasn't gunna buy them, but HEY now I have them :rotfl: She is a Goddess of Art, I swear! Hahaha *DANCEDANCEDANCE* I'm getting super excited! :hyper: I have 3 more days to work & I'll be off for vacatioooon!

True, true! I wish I had some sort of craftiness. The only time I get to be creative (and have confidence in myself) is in baking. At least I can decorate a cupcake artistically! :lmao:

Yay for only three more work days! Doug has four more (I'm not working due to health issues at the moment). I feel like these next few days are gonna drag SO slowly!

True, true! I wish I had some sort of craftiness. The only time I get to be creative (and have confidence in myself) is in baking. At least I can decorate a cupcake artistically! :lmao:

Yay for only three more work days! Doug has four more (I'm not working due to health issues at the moment). I feel like these next few days are gonna drag SO slowly!

Bahaha! I can't cook or bake for the life of me! Nyx does all the cooking =P Which is why I found it funny when we got all bakeware & cookware at the shower :rolleyes2

& I got canceled today! Which means Wednesday is my last day at work :woohoo:

Okay ladies! A few last minute DIY items to share that I've done! Meant to post them last weekend, but my surprise shower had me sidetracked lol

Our very simple door hanger:
IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

Our DIY Window Clings/Decals:
IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

The images are flipped for a reason lol So you will be able to read it correctly once in the window... I think they came out good! Simple & fun =)

Rhinestoned my robe (Weird angle that makes it look crooked lol But you get the point =P):
IMG_0142.jpg

& last but not least I put rhinestones on the bottom of both our shoes! Inspired by my new cake eating forks & mickey heads!!! ;) I also have stickers similar, but non-mickey for our DP that I can't wait to wear either! I forgot to take a pic of those though... It's "I Do" and then "She's Mine" stickers =)
IMG_0225.jpg

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

In other updating-business... I have decided fully on what my "Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue" scenario ::yes::

My something old is my grandmother's pearl ring. Although I don't know how old it is, it is certainly older than me (since my grandmother passed away before I was born) But I love to wear it!

My something new is my new bridal necklace that I purchased.

My something borrowed is FSIL's anklet that she has. This was a difficult one! They all asked what I had for the bridal poem & I "had everything" in it except the something borrowed... So Cherie asked me if I would wear her anklet.. TOTALLY up for it! The culprit:
IMG_0233.jpg

And last, but not least, is something blue, which are my shoes. The shoes post-makeover:
IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

AND NOW for the sixpence in your shoe:
IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

FSIL surprised me (with the socks below lol) by getting me a sixpence! I was teetering on omitting this from the poem because my shoes are sandals & obviously the penny would fall out, but Cherie had other plans! She got it off Amazon she said & it's very thoughtful!!! Gosh, I love my family lol So I will end up pinning this to the underside of my dress for the wedding & I will be all set! & yesterday when I went over, FMIL showed me her penny collection- She had a penny every year since they were married! All in a nice neat coin collection box thing. My jaw dropped, but then I realized that it was very typical of her lol I should have known... I will probably end up doing the same because it's such a cute idea! She said, "Well, if the coin from the day you were married was supposed to give you good luck, why shouldn't a coin from each year give you MORE luck?!" She's adorable...

Cherie & I have a little obsession over socks.... so I dared her to find me "bride" socks :rotfl: Well, she succeeded!
IMG_0226.jpg

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Goodbye Dress! :wave2: Sent me dress down to FL today via UPS. Happy traveling, gown! :goodvibes May you have a safe & successful trip!
mms_picture.jpg

Your MIL is adorable!! I love the penny idea, I just might have to steal it. :rotfl:

Something barrowed has me stumped too. I asked my FMIL to think about it, I'll have to bother her again as it gets closer.

Were you nervous to send your dress? I was thinking about that the other day, I think I'm going to use Carolyn Allen for my dress and I'll probably have them preserve it before I have them send it back. I don't even have my dress yet and just thinking about sending it made my a little anxious. Oh gosh, I don't mean to make you nervous or crazy...sorry! Where are you sending it?

How on earth did you make your own window clings!?!?!

PS-Love the "I do" "Me too" I was thinking about those myself.

Your MIL is adorable!! I love the penny idea, I just might have to steal it. :rotfl:

Something barrowed has me stumped too. I asked my FMIL to think about it, I'll have to bother her again as it gets closer.

Were you nervous to send your dress? I was thinking about that the other day, I think I'm going to use Carolyn Allen for my dress and I'll probably have them preserve it before I have them send it back. I don't even have my dress yet and just thinking about sending it made my a little anxious. Oh gosh, I don't mean to make you nervous or crazy...sorry! Where are you sending it?

How on earth did you make your own window clings!?!?!

PS-Love the "I do" "Me too" I was thinking about those myself.

STEAL AWAY, GIRLIE!

I was nervous about sending my dress, but after talking to my planner & also after calling Disney's POR themselves I felt better.. I'm sending it to myself and they assured me people send things to themselves all the time to the resorts. BUT I put FULL insurance on the thing just in case... Definitely nervous about that part--it getting there not damaged... I'm using CA too, but they're coming to my room the day of and I'm just gunna space bag it to bring it back home with the In-Laws & preserve it on my own (a-la lurkyloo's tutorial).

The window clings were super easy! I just had to design them, flip the image, & then print them out using the directions (you can only print on one side). Super easy ;)

& I love the "I Do/Me Too" also! I swear I saw it somewhere before a looong time ago with the mickey heads but I have no idea where I saw it & couldn't find it again... I forgot all about it until I got my dessert forks and was like, "OMG I HAVE TO DO THAT!" :rotfl:

I'm using CA too, but they're coming to my room the day of and I'm just gunna space bag it to bring it back home with the In-Laws & preserve it on my own (a-la lurkyloo's tutorial).

Man, great minds think alike!

I love all the stuff you made! The window clings are super cute (where did you get the cling...paper?) and I'm really contemplating putting rhinestones on the bottom of the shoes. Your sandals are flats, right?

You like cute socks, too? I really don't own a single plain pair. My motto is "life's too short for boring socks." Are we related or something? :rotfl:

Man, great minds think alike!

I love all the stuff you made! The window clings are super cute (where did you get the cling...paper?) and I'm really contemplating putting rhinestones on the bottom of the shoes. Your sandals are flats, right?

You like cute socks, too? I really don't own a single plain pair. My motto is "life's too short for boring socks." Are we related or something? :rotfl:

Life IS too short for boring socks!!! :lmao: I do own plain pairs, but I have probably about 200 friggin pairs of socks =P & I will be that person who wears Christmas socks in July! Just sayin' lol We're definitely long lost sisters, it must be! xD We seem to like all the same things, for reals! :D & I got the cling paper from Office Depot (their own brand, t'was hard to find actually). You must put rhinestones on the bottom of your shoes! I just love this idea... Yes, I do have flats, but there's an ever so slight difference near the "heel" that allowed me to stick the rhinestones there without me stepping on them ;)

Okay, your FMIL is seriously adorable. I kind of want to give her lots of hugs all the time! :rotfl2:

I looove your window clings. What a cute idea!

Cherie's anklet is really pretty. And how nice of her to suggest it.

Also, the sixpence is so sweet too. I also like the socks!

I'm also kinda in love with those little Mickey rhinestones on your shoes. :goodvibes PS you're getting married in SIX DAYS!

Okay, your FMIL is seriously adorable. I kind of want to give her lots of hugs all the time! :rotfl2:

I looove your window clings. What a cute idea!

Cherie's anklet is really pretty. And how nice of her to suggest it.

Also, the sixpence is so sweet too. I also like the socks!

I'm also kinda in love with those little Mickey rhinestones on your shoes. :goodvibes PS you're getting married in SIX DAYS!

LOVE my family! They never cease to surprise me :thumbsup2 YES SIX DAYS!!! Super excited! :goodvibes

Life IS too short for boring socks!!! :lmao: I do own plain pairs, but I have probably about 200 friggin pairs of socks =P & I will be that person who wears Christmas socks in July! Just sayin' lol We're definitely long lost sisters, it must be! xD We seem to like all the same things, for reals! :D & I got the cling paper from Office Depot (their own brand, t'was hard to find actually). You must put rhinestones on the bottom of your shoes! I just love this idea... Yes, I do have flats, but there's an ever so slight difference near the "heel" that allowed me to stick the rhinestones there without me stepping on them ;)

Woohoo! I've always wanted a sister, being an only child. ;)

I wonder if Office Max will have the cling paper. I'll write a post-it, since we'll be in that area tonight. And I'll check out my shoes tonight, too! I can't remember if there's space or not, but I really need to finish this library book ASAP, since it has to go back tonight! (I'm getting really good at this last minute stuff, it seems... :rolleyes1)

Six more days for you! :dance3:

wow girl it is so very close.
*the window clings are great of course
*I am glad you are doing the something old,new, borrowed and blue as am i
*your family is just too cute with all the things that they are doing for you
*goodbye dress that will be me in about 6 weeks!
*6 MORE DAYS!!!

Teresa

Woohoo! I've always wanted a sister, being an only child. ;)

I wonder if Office Max will have the cling paper. I'll write a post-it, since we'll be in that area tonight. And I'll check out my shoes tonight, too! I can't remember if there's space or not, but I really need to finish this library book ASAP, since it has to go back tonight! (I'm getting really good at this last minute stuff, it seems... :rolleyes1)

Six more days for you! :dance3:

I only have a smelly brother =P SISTER UNITE! :hug:

Office Max will probably have the decals! I found mine near the t-shirt iron-ons and office labels, etc if that helps :rolleyes: Shoes, shoes, shoes! *SPARKLEEEE* & Finish that book! (p.s. what book? ;D) Bahahaha, Can you tell I'm getting super excited by my hyperness? xD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter