Buying DVC Foreclosures? Current Listings going to auction in March 2019

My experience following the foreclosure sales is that Disney is bidding up to what the resale values are so when they aren’t bid up that high it is simply because no one else bid against them. Yes you skip ROFR, they are treated as resale for restrictions, and you have to settle any outstanding MF or liens. The only MF or liens you don’t have to settle are those the judgement that forced the forclosure are on. So if the judgement is for 2015 MF you will still need to pay 2016, 2017, etc but would only have the current and next use year points. So there is risk but can be higher reward. Usually you have better “deals” on bigger contracts.

When buying foreclosure it is important that any lien that is “reasonably searched for” becomes your responsibility if not satisfied by the judgement.

For a little color a 25 point Boardwalk contract went for 3,900 and had no mortgage. However the judgement was for 2016 MF so the winner had to pay 2017, 2018, and 2019. To me that was overpaying. Also a lot of business bid on these in an attempt to flip them it appears.

I can provide details on how to find all the foreclosure sales and the auction website if you like. It’s fairly easy to search but connecting back to the deed that has the point and use year information is the “hardest” step. Else the foreclosure site just tells you the unit and resort at most which are too generic.
Can you please share how and where to find these

Can you please share how and where to find these
The link is in post 10 of this thread. It’s a very labor intensive process; it’s not like there’s a list. You have to check every single timeshare auction to see if it’s DVC.

Curious question for anyone who won a foreclosure. Once you won, HOW do you get the points into your account? I'd presume you'd need a title company to assist (if you're not local to the area). Curious about the logistics of this piece to the puzzle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts