Disney+

Unfortunately, I believe you’re right. I’ve been digging around the web and social media for weeks and have come up empty every time. But boy, us Canucks are not happy to not have a discount advantage based on what I’ve been reading (comments in social media etc).

Honestly. I’d be stunned if the site didn’t crash on the 12th. Absolutely stunned.
Based on experience I can see it crashing too. The good thing for us is that with Nov 12th being a Tuesday I won’t be in a rush to get it Day 1. I would pre-order if they offered some sort of deal but if there’s no deal I may let others work out the kinks and order it a week or 2 later.

Based on experience I can see it crashing too. The good thing for us is that with Nov 12th being a Tuesday I won’t be in a rush to get it Day 1. I would pre-order if they offered some sort of deal but if there’s no deal I may let others work out the kinks and order it a week or 2 later.

I agree.

When it comes to Disney and tech I always wait a few days. I’d rather let someone else have the aggravation of being their guinea pig 😉

Disney+ launches in an hour and I’m finally seeing what Canadians are being offered. I’m not seeing any of the ‘purchase for a year and pay $x or, 3 years for $x’

The only thing I can see is ‘7 day free promotional offer then CA $8.99/month’

Can anyone see a better Canadian offer?

UPDATE; I just found a CBC article published within the past hour stating we can purchase 1 year for $89.99CDN so basically 2 months free.

Last edited:
Just signed up for my account!!

Wish we had also been offered the mega deals that they were running in the states but I am so excited about all the content that's available.

Don't know how Ill choose what to watch first haha

UPDATE; I just found a CBC article published within the past hour stating we can purchase 1 year for $89.99CDN so basically 2 months free.

Thanks for posting, that is not bad

Does any one think there might be a Black Friday offer?

I wonder if I should wait till then...hmmm

We have a snow day that lands on Disney+ launch day. My daughter is streaming and happy. :) we just had to tell her that the stuff we want to watch together (Lady and the Tramp, The Mandalorian, some other stuff) is off limits while we work!

App is now on my AppleTV and iphone. Paid for 1 year but the app is unable to connect to the service. 😑

I am planning to sign up, I was going to wait a few days in case there were any kinks. Since we have a snow day, maybe I will get it today. Not sure if there is a channel for it yet with Bell Fibe, but I have a chromecast so that will do for now.

What is the app called in the apple app store? I can't find one called Disney+

**nevermind, I found it**

Just a heads up for everyone (im not sure its quite a security concern but its certainly unsettling)

Downloaded the app, registered, paid for year up front and all seems to working fine

Around 2hr later I receive an email from Disney

This is confirmation that your Disney Account has been changed.
Your account can be used to log in to Disney+ on connected TV, mobile, and web. In addition to Disney+, this change applies to your account used to access other Walt Disney Company apps and websites, such as Disney, ESPN, Marvel, FX, and more.
If you did not make these changes, please visit our Help Center for more information.

I checked my main Disney account (the one I book tickets, vacations etc) and the password has indeed been changed to the catchy password I thought was just for Disney+

I used the same email address I use for my main Disney account but assumed this was a Disney+ login not amending my main Disney account.

Just a heads up for everyone (im not sure its quite a security concern but its certainly unsettling)

Downloaded the app, registered, paid for year up front and all seems to working fine

Your account can be used to log in to Disney+ on connected TV, mobile, and web. In addition to Disney+, this change applies to your account used to access other Walt Disney Company apps and websites, such as Disney, ESPN, Marvel, FX, and more.
If you did not make these changes, please visit our Help Center for more information.

I checked my main Disney account (the one I book tickets, vacations etc) and the password has indeed been changed to the catchy password I thought was just for Disney+

I used the same email address I use for my main Disney account but assumed this was a Disney+ login not amending my main Disney account.

That is annoying. Thanks for the heads up. I want to keep our MDE passwords unique(both DH and I have same password). We might have to use a different email account for this then.

Why cant I watch the Mandalorian? :(

Will have to check my main Disney account as i did use the same email as well. I cant decide what to watch now.

I’m not sure when you signed up for Disney +?
I signed up around 5:30 this morning, used the same email address but a different PW to my MDE account. Both of these services are still working with their original and unique passwords.

I just joined the 12 month free with Verizon and most of the classic Disney movies aren't even available.

I’m not sure when you signed up for Disney +?
I signed up around 5:30 this morning, used the same email address but a different PW to my MDE account. Both of these services are still working with their original and unique passwords.
Signed up around 7.10 AST (about 5hrs ago)

Its baffling

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!