Disney Y.E.S. Program

I'm so happy!! I talked to someone at YES today. I was able to add on a ticket for my husband now that he's coming with us. The best part.... I didn't have to buy him an 8 day pass like me and the kids have.. I could get him a 4 day premium pass since he'll only be with us for a few days! $168 for 4 days of hopping and water parks! love the YES program!:banana:

I didn't try (I didn't need to), but I think it looked like you could by any combination of tickets, as long as it was subject to the restrictions (2 adults, etc.)

Since this isn't part of a WDW package reservation (and are actually through a third party), they don't need to abide by the "same tickets for everyone" rule.

Oh, can you please let me know how your experience with Everyday Chemistry is when you get back? My daughter and I are enrolled for that one in July and cannot seem to find much info. Have fun!

I will be glad to give you a report when we get back. I am a little worried since Test Track is supposed to be part of the class and it is closed. I'm sure they will offer something just as fun though.

I didn't try (I didn't need to), but I think it looked like you could by any combination of tickets, as long as it was subject to the restrictions (2 adults, etc.)

Since this isn't part of a WDW package reservation (and are actually through a third party), they don't need to abide by the "same tickets for everyone" rule.

You can buy whatever tickets you want. We all got 8 day hoppers, but my son and his friends have the premium hoppers. Of course, now I am considering calling and making our premium as well;)

Hello! Someone from the Themeparks board directed me over here. I'd never heard of yes tickets but it sounds like a cool opportunity for my children. Do they offer classes at the end of January? Is there a calendar somewhere that lists the dates? Thanks.:)

So ... we just decided that we will go to Florida in August for Celebration VI and a quick trip to Disney. :cool1: I jumped onto the Disney Youth in Education Series for individuals for our dates and they are closed! YIKES! What do I do? :confused3 Do they ever have any drops and possibly a waiting list? Do they ever add more classes? Please Help!

We are also going in Aug. and attending Celebration VI. My DS12 is signed up for the Energy and Waves class. :thumbsup2 I did see that all the classes that week are full now....sorry there's nothing left for your kids. I doubt that they will add any more but you can keep checking or call them.

Where will you be staying? If you don't already know, CSR is offering a room discount for guest attending Celebrations VI. There is a link on the Celebration website. Also through that link you can get discounted (convention) park tickets. The room discount is about the same as the general discount they are offering for late summer. The tickets are not as discounted as the Y.E.S. tickets but a little cheaper than the prices on Undercover Tourist and also the tickets can be added to you KTTW card.

I'm so happy!! I talked to someone at YES today. I was able to add on a ticket for my husband now that he's coming with us. The best part.... I didn't have to buy him an 8 day pass like me and the kids have.. I could get him a 4 day premium pass since he'll only be with us for a few days! $168 for 4 days of hopping and water parks! love the YES program!:banana:

Thank you for your reply. This answers the one question I had. I might have to add my teenage son who does not want to go to a class. He isn't planning on coming as of now, but he might if he summer schedule changes.Was the class still open, or was it closed? I'm wondering if that will make a difference?

We are also going in Aug. and attending Celebration VI. My DS12 is signed up for the Energy and Waves class. :thumbsup2 I did see that all the classes that week are full now....sorry there's nothing left for your kids. I doubt that they will add any more but you can keep checking or call them.

Where will you be staying? If you don't already know, CSR is offering a room discount for guest attending Celebrations VI. There is a link on the Celebration website. Also through that link you can get discounted (convention) park tickets. The room discount is about the same as the general discount they are offering for late summer. The tickets are not as discounted as the Y.E.S. tickets but a little cheaper than the prices on Undercover Tourist and also the tickets can be added to you KTTW card.

What exactly is Celebrations VI?? I thought I picked a quiet time of year to go, but this sounds like it has been added during the time we are there. Is it a starwars weekend type thing? Is it held in Disney or outside? Does it effect crowds much in the parks? Thank you.

What exactly is Celebrations VI?? I thought I picked a quiet time of year to go, but this sounds like it has been added during the time we are there. Is it a starwars weekend type thing? Is it held in Disney or outside? Does it effect crowds much in the parks? Thank you.

It's a Star Wars convention that happens OUTSIDE WDW (at the convention center I believe). It may increase crowds somewhat at DHS, especially if the schedule some sort of side event, but I don't know that they have done that outside of the what they did a couple years ago before the closing of Star Tours for rehab.

I saw the WDW ticket price increase on another thread. I already bought my Y.E.S. tickets, but was wondering if the price increase would also affect YES ticket prices. Anybody know?

I saw the WDW ticket price increase on another thread. I already bought my Y.E.S. tickets, but was wondering if the price increase would also affect YES ticket prices. Anybody know?

There's a good chance they'll go up as well, but when and how much is unknown.

Hi, we're WDW newbies, going for the first time (EVER) this October and have a question about the YES individual enrollment classes. I've been reading through these forum's and have only 'sort of' found the answers I was looking for so thought I'd post to see if anyone can help me sort this out. Thanks in advance for all your expertise! :thumbsup2

The only class available for us, for the dates we'll be there, is Making Waves with a Marine Career Ages: 12 - 15 for Oct 15th.

We have two kids. One is 6 and the other is 11. Both my husband and I would go with the kids for this class. We homeschool and so attend advanced classes on a regular basis so the age listed for this class doesn't really worry us (as far as being over their heads) except for the fact that there's this disclaimer on the WDW YES website page:

"Program enrollment is limited and the availability of each program is indicated below to the right of each program. Please also take note of the age limits for each program as students that do not meet the age requirements of the program(s) you select will not be confirmed or allowed to attend a program." AND "Students who do not meet specified age requirements will not be confirmed on the final program confirmation."

So I'm wondering a few things;

1. Can I 'fudge' their ages on the form? My son easily passes for a 12 year old. And although it'd be obvious that dd wasn't any where close to being 12, she and I wouldn't have to go to the class. He and my hubbs could take the class and my dd & I could meet them later. Although, that brings me to my next question...

2. How strict are they for the age restrictions listed on their classes? Like I said above, my dd regularly attends classes above her 6 year old age. Partly because she and her brother go to classes together, partly because I'm there assisting her when needed and partly because she's just a pretty smart kid to begin with and gets it. Ultimately, I would like her to be able to take this class also. They'd both get a ton out of it and I'd feel better making it a somewhat educational vacation.

3. Can we buy the YES tickets for the class for dh, ds, & me, and then also buy one for dd (using her 6yo age) on the form and even though she wouldn't be confirmed or on the class roster she'd still get the discounted tickets in to the parks?

4. I read that 2 parents can go if they have 1 child. But then I read that only 1 parent can attend per child. Or that the website only allows 1 adult to sign up regardless of how many kids are listed. Can anyone clarify which is correct or most current?

I'm sure I have more questions but maybe those will be answered with the answers to these questions. Thanks again!!:goodvibes

Hi - I am sorry if this has been asked already but I have not read through the whole thread. Does anyone know if you choose to do a Y.E.S. program and have an annual pass, can you save the ticket that comes with the Y.E.S. program to use at a later time?

Hi - I am sorry if this has been asked already but I have not read through the whole thread. Does anyone know if you choose to do a Y.E.S. program and have an annual pass, can you save the ticket that comes with the Y.E.S. program to use at a later time?

The YES ticket is only good for a period of time. So unless you have another trip that falls outside your AP but is very very soon, it isn't of any value.

1. Can I 'fudge' their ages on the form? My son easily passes for a 12 year old. And although it'd be obvious that dd wasn't any where close to being 12, she and I wouldn't have to go to the class. He and my hubbs could take the class and my dd & I could meet them later. Although, that brings me to my next question...If you want to say that your son is 12, you can. If they KNOW he is 11, he will not be allowed to participate in the class. In the class we attended they did not question anyone's age. Whether or not you feel comfortable "fudging" his age is up to you. ;)

2. How strict are they for the age restrictions listed on their classes? Like I said above, my dd regularly attends classes above her 6 year old age. Partly because she and her brother go to classes together, partly because I'm there assisting her when needed and partly because she's just a pretty smart kid to begin with and gets it. Ultimately, I would like her to be able to take this class also. They'd both get a ton out of it and I'd feel better making it a somewhat educational vacation.They are VERY strict about the ages. There is no way they'd allow a six year old into a class for 12-15 year old students. She wouldn't even be permitted to tag along if she didn't participate.

3. Can we buy the YES tickets for the class for dh, ds, & me, and then also buy one for dd (using her 6yo age) on the form and even though she wouldn't be confirmed or on the class roster she'd still get the discounted tickets in to the parks? Yes. You would still need to list her on the registration form, even if she is not enrolling in a class.

4. I read that 2 parents can go if they have 1 child. But then I read that only 1 parent can attend per child. Or that the website only allows 1 adult to sign up regardless of how many kids are listed. Can anyone clarify which is correct or most current?Two parents are eligible for discounted tickets, even if they have only one child. Only one parent is permitted to attend the class.

I'm sure I have more questions but maybe those will be answered with the answers to these questions. Thanks again!!:goodvibes
I answered what I could. :)

As doconeill stated, the YES passes are only valid for a short time before your arrival, and after your departure dates. Sorry.

It's a Star Wars convention that happens OUTSIDE WDW (at the convention center I believe). It may increase crowds somewhat at DHS, especially if the schedule some sort of side event, but I don't know that they have done that outside of the what they did a couple years ago before the closing of Star Tours for rehab.

That's right it is at the Orange County Convention Center 8/23-2/26. This will be our 1st time attending but I'm thinking it won't increase the crowds much more than other conventions (and there is ALWAYS conventions in Orlando) but I agree there may be an overflow of Star Wars Geeks :darth: spilling into DHS. After all how could a Star Wars fan be in Orlando and not stop in DHS for a ride on Star Tours.;)

That's right it is at the Orange County Convention Center 8/23-2/26. This will be our 1st time attending but I'm thinking it won't increase the crowds much more than other conventions (and there is ALWAYS conventions in Orlando) but I agree there may be an overflow of Star Wars Geeks :darth: spilling into DHS. After all how could a Star Wars fan be in Orlando and not stop in DHS for a ride on Star Tours.;)

When they see the cost is now $89 for that ride, they might :)

3. Can we buy the YES tickets for the class for dh, ds, & me, and then also buy one for dd (using her 6yo age) on the form and even though she wouldn't be confirmed or on the class roster she'd still get the discounted tickets in to the parks? Yes. You would still need to list her on the registration form, even if she is not enrolling in a class.

4. I read that 2 parents can go if they have 1 child. But then I read that only 1 parent can attend per child. Or that the website only allows 1 adult to sign up regardless of how many kids are listed. Can anyone clarify which is correct or most current?Two parents are eligible for discounted tickets, even if they have only one child. Only one parent is permitted to attend the class.

So, just to clarify, what this means is that ds, dd, dh & myself will all sign up under the YES page for the class we want to take, even though only one parent can go w/ our child and one of our children is too young to attend. Then - we can hop over to buy the 4, 3 day starter package @ $150.38 per person which will allow all 4 of us 3 day access to WDW, 1 park per day even though my dh and ds are the only 2 that will be able to go to the YES class?

Last question; are the YES class prices included in the 3 day access pass starter package? Or are they additional? If they are additional, do we pay for all 4 classes even though only 2 in our party can technically go to the class?

Thank you.:)

So, just to clarify, what this means is that ds, dd, dh & myself will all sign up under the YES page for the class we want to take, even though only one parent can go w/ our child and one of our children is too young to attend. Then - we can hop over to buy the 4, 3 day starter package @ $150.38 per person which will allow all 4 of us 3 day access to WDW, 1 park per day even though my dh and ds are the only 2 that will be able to go to the YES class?

Last question; are the YES class prices included in the 3 day access pass starter package? Or are they additional? Do we pay for all 4 even though only 2 in our party can technically go to the class?

Thank you.:)

Yes and Yes.

You do need to enter everyone on the first page. Later on, you specify which child is taking the class, and which adult will chaperone (if they are under 13). Then when you are on the ticket purchase page, you can order the tickets according to how many people you listed, with a maximum of two adult tickets.

I am very excited that my grandson will be doing the YES class on Oct 19th but, after all the reading , including the "ticket sticky", I still have a couple of questions.

We purchased the 7 day, waterpark and more hoppers and my question is - if we enter one or more of the main parks on the first 7 days, can I still use the waterparks and more portion after the main park days are used up? (Day before/after) The WPAM portion is still good all 9 days of our visit?

One more ?- We will be ariving late on a Friday evening -7 or 8pm, can I pick up my YES tickets near Disney Quest that night? Or can I only get them at one of the parks that late? We thought we would go to Disney Quest for a couple of hours when arriving if we can get the tickets.

Can I pick them up at our resort? OKW.

Thanks

I am very excited that my grandson will be doing the YES class on Oct 19th but, after all the reading , including the "ticket sticky", I still have a couple of questions.

We purchased the 7 day, waterpark and more hoppers and my question is - if we enter one or more of the main parks on the first 7 days, can I still use the waterparks and more portion after the main park days are used up? (Day before/after) The WPAM portion is still good all 9 days of our visit?

Yes. You can continue using them until they are used up or expire.

One more ?- We will be ariving late on a Friday evening -7 or 8pm, can I pick up my YES tickets near Disney Quest that night? Or can I only get them at one of the parks that late? We thought we would go to Disney Quest for a couple of hours when arriving if we can get the tickets.

Can I pick them up at our resort? OKW.

Thanks

You cannot get them at the resort, but you can get them at the Guest Services right at DisneyQuest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter