Disney World eliminates outside vendor drop off services

[

I'm pretty sure they can do that. They just expanded their fleet of buses few months ago so buying more ECVs shouldn't be any more complicated than that. They more than likely actually contract with an outside source for them already. I just read something in the last 24 hours stating that they've hired a new company to handle stroller rentals in the parks so they probably do the same thing for the ECVs.
They could do that, but then you're stuck with whatever price increases they decide to add every few months....

So they're already struggling to understand why the parks are no where near as busy as forecast with star wars land, and now they decide to annoy and cause issues for another large group of guests!?

Maybe nows the time for another double digit % ticket price increase hey disney?
So they're already struggling to understand why the parks are no where near as busy as forecast with star wars land, and now they decide to annoy and cause issues for another large group of guests!?

Maybe nows the time for another double digit % ticket price increase hey disney?

I wonder if this has Chapek's signature on it?

Like Pete said this guy has to go. He has no clue had to run parks.

Now will the providers of the wheelchairs, strollers, etc. be willing to help out in the process, especially dealing with imperfect meeting and greeting, taking the place of Bell Services CMs helping out which has been the case up until now?

Would the providers be able to set up an area, not ruling out external to the building, to hold the wheelchairs, strollers, etc. so as not to be in the way of CMs and other guests going about their activities, and bring those items over one at a time to the respective renting guests as said guests appear (or where guests who are able to will go and fetch the items)?

Last edited:
When we travel other places, every hotel has wheelchairs available for free or to rent. Disney does not

That's why I was asking - the fact that most hotels have wheelchairs on site means that Disney needs to figure this out. I wasn't trying to start an argument - just asking because I honestly didn't know the answer.

Now will the providers of the wheelchairs, strollers, etc. be willing to help out in the process, especially dealing with imperfect meeting and greeting, taking the place of Bell Services CMs helping out which has been the case up until now?

Would the providers be able to set up an area, not ruling out external to the building, to hold the wheelchairs, strollers, etc. so as not to be in the way of CMs and other guests going about their activities, and bring those items over one at a time to the respective renting guests as said guests appear (or where guests who are able to will go and fetch the items)?

It seems like if the outside vendor wants to keep getting Disney customers, they are the ones who need to adjust their business/delivery model, not Disney. That would include extending their hours to accommodate the non-stop arrival/departure of Disney guests. Up until now, they have been using CM as part of their own staff. Guests who need the services will need to let those vendors know that they will take their business elsewhere until they do. Like everything else, it was okay when it was just a few guests...

Correct me if I’m wrong, weren’t the companies that had been allowed to deliver and pick up at bell services paying for that ability? I wasn’t under the impression Disney was doing the work for them for free. Were they?

If I'm not mistaken any wheelchair or ECV you rent from Disney is only for use of the parks, is that correct? If that's true I would fully expect that Disney will expand to service to the resorts and hotels after this takes effect. Otherwise, they're going to create a major obstacle for many people with disabilities. As a matter fact I would expect some people to file ADA/discrimination cases against Disney.

I met with my Instacart delivery person right at the VGF lobby two weeks ago because our order contained alcohol. It wasn’t that big a deal. Guests who do not rent from one of the approved vendors of strollers and ECVs already have to meet their vendor upon delivery and when returning.

Same for me. We also order alcohol so this is a "meh" for me personally as we always have to meet them anyway. But somewhat worrisome as a larger trend.

I wonder if the outside vendors will have a schedule of delivery like a morning, an afternoon, and an evening delivery and customers can elect to meet the vendor at the resort for one of those scheduled deliveries (and if you miss the delivery you will have to reschedule).

The onus to figure out how to make it work is on the vendors at this point. It is frustrating for the consumer certainly.

If I'm not mistaken any wheelchair or ECV you rent from Disney is only for use of the parks, is that correct? If that's true I would fully expect that Disney will expand to service to the resorts and hotels after this takes effect. Otherwise, they're going to create a major obstacle for many people with disabilities. As a matter fact I would expect some people to file ADA/discrimination cases against Disney.

Like any other vendor, if Disney chooses to limit use of their wheelchairs/ECVs (in this case available to guests inside the park), that seems within their right. Can you imagine how many more wheelchairs/ECVs they would need to have to accommodate people both inside AND outside the parks? I missing how this violates ADA.

Golf club deliveries..sigh.

Was great to get to BLT and have the clubs already there for him after our late night arrival, ready for a 6 am tee off the next morning.

By creating a preferred vendor could Disney now assert a level of quality for the guests, as well as a more active role in assuring reservations etc? Can anyone have an open mind to a net positive?

Like any other vendor, if Disney chooses to limit use of their wheelchairs/ECVs (in this case available to guests inside the park), that seems within their right. Can you imagine how many more wheelchairs/ECVs they would need to have to accommodate people both inside AND outside the parks? I missing how this violates ADA.
I have always read here that Disney was accommodating to outside vendors so that they didn't have to mess with purchasing and holding enough strollers and scooters to meet peak demand certain weeks of the year. It will be interesting to see how that back fill happens now. If they have some new single preferred provider, they should have announced that at the same time they made the announcement on the new limits. It would have saved a lot of unneeded on the part of their guests.

By creating a preferred vendor could Disney now assert a level of quality for the guests, as well as a more active role in assuring reservations etc? Can anyone have an open mind to a net positive?

I have not heard any widespread quality or customer service issues.

Competition among vendors would help ensure higher levels of quality and customer service. Also stops one company from being able to overcharge. I don’t think there are really positives here from the guests perspective. This is a change for Disney’s benefit not ours, IMO.

I have not heard any widespread quality or customer service issues.

Competition among vendors would help ensure higher levels of quality and customer service. Also stops one company from being able to overcharge. I don’t think there are really positives here from the guests perspective. This is a change for Disney’s benefit not ours, IMO.

Exactly!!

This is obviously a deal that was made with scooterbug (if the rumors are true) to benefit those 2 companies. I honestly think it has NOTHING to do with liability or storage problems.

Exactly!!

This is obviously a deal that was made with scooterbug (if the rumors are true) to benefit those 2 companies. I honestly think it has NOTHING to do with liability or storage problems.

My guess is storage issues have a lot to do with this, as over the years it’s become more common knowledge that you can rent through these kind of companies and more and more people are doing it. I’m surprised groceries weren’t included and suspect those are coming eventually.

With all the staffing cuts lately, it wouldn’t surprise me if Disney sees this as an opportunity to cut costs at bell services.

My guess is storage issues have a lot to do with this, as over the years it’s become more common knowledge that you can rent through these kind of companies and more and more people are doing it. I’m surprised groceries weren’t included and suspect those are coming eventually.

With all the staffing cuts lately, it wouldn’t surprise me if Disney sees this as an opportunity to cut costs at bell services.

The fact the groceries were NOT included is what is making me think this has nothing to do with storage problems.

If groceries do get included then maybe I will rethink it.

I think it takes away from park time to be just sitting there waiting for a delivery. Maybe with some grocery companies you know the 2 hour window, but for other companies you could be looking at wasting 1/2 to a full day just waiting for them to show up.
The non-featured rental companies have successfully met their customers at convenient times at both ends of the transaction for years now. Only a very few companies (and their clients) will have to adapt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter