Disney with two broken arms - (Final Day 1/23)

Just found your TR and I'm loving it! You are awesome for making it with both arms out of commision! I love seeing what the girls are wearing each day! The Minnie dresses look adorable! Can't wait to see what happens next.

Great DTD update.....good tip about waiting to buy toys after we're done touring DTD!! The treats look yummy......especially the pretzels with candy and chocolate!! I'll have to save some snack credits for that.popcorn:: Love the dresses....can't wait to see them in full, love the small pic in your sig and wondered when we'd get to see them!!:goodvibes

I love the girls dresses!!! Can't wait to see the pics from MK with them on. Sorry you missed Illuminations... something to look forward to next trip though, right?! :)

I love the Disney doll your daughter got. I was hoping Rachel might spend her money on one of those, but she LOVES the little polly pocket like dolls, so that is what she spent her money on!

I am absolutely in love with you TR and family the girls are so cute! I love the outfits and ears and i realy love DD7's doll it is so cute i think i want one my self:laughing:. Can't wait to hear more.

Fun update! We loved shopping in DD:) That's too bad about the long, loopy bus ride from TL to DD..it really is so close..it must have been maddening to waste all that time on the bus:mad: At least you got a lot of shopping in once you got there:thumbsup2 Looking forward to MK update.

Love, love, love your TR! Your girls are too cute and the smile on the little one....makes me giggle every time I see it!

Did you make the Minnie dresses or did you purchase them from someone?

I wish I was talented enough to make them but I purchased them.

Hi, I've been lurking your TR for awhile, but have never commented before. Just hafta say that your daughters are beautiful and incredibly cute! Your youngest looks just like you ;)

Thanks for coming out of lurkdom to say hello! I used to lurk a lot on other TRs until I started writing my own and realized how much work they take. I love to know that others are actually reading it.:goodvibes

another great installment! Love the dresses! I've been watching the picture in your link and wondering when i was going to see those outfits! I can't wait till the MK day! :)

Yep, it's finally time to wear them:thumbsup2

Great update!!!!! Looks like a fun time at DTD!
Those Minnie dresses are adorable!!!!! Where did you get them!

Actually, I ordered them from a lady who sells custom dresses on ebay. You just order and specify the size, then she makes them.

Just found your TR and I'm loving it! You are awesome for making it with both arms out of commision! I love seeing what the girls are wearing each day! The Minnie dresses look adorable! Can't wait to see what happens next.

:cheer2: Welcome :cheer2: Thanks so much for posting!

love the dresses they are really cute.

Thanks, I was impressed with them too.

Great DTD update.....good tip about waiting to buy toys after we're done touring DTD!! The treats look yummy......especially the pretzels with candy and chocolate!! I'll have to save some snack credits for that.popcorn:: Love the dresses....can't wait to see them in full, love the small pic in your sig and wondered when we'd get to see them!!:goodvibes

Yep, you even get 3 pretzel sticks for 1 snack credit. Great deal!

I love the girls dresses!!! Can't wait to see the pics from MK with them on. Sorry you missed Illuminations... something to look forward to next trip though, right?! :)

I love the Disney doll your daughter got. I was hoping Rachel might spend her money on one of those, but she LOVES the little polly pocket like dolls, so that is what she spent her money on!

You, never know. I just might find a way to squeeze Illuminations in before leaving.;)

Great update! I love the dresses and can't wait to see them at MK in them!

Thanks, yes the dresses made for some great photo ops!

I am absolutely in love with you TR and family the girls are so cute! I love the outfits and ears and i realy love DD7's doll it is so cute i think i want one my self:laughing:. Can't wait to hear more.

Thanks so much. Yes, Disney found another money sucker with that doll. There are lots of different outfits you can buy to dress your doll up like characters. They are each $25.

Fun update! We loved shopping in DD:) That's too bad about the long, loopy bus ride from TL to DD..it really is so close..it must have been maddening to waste all that time on the bus:mad: At least you got a lot of shopping in once you got there:thumbsup2 Looking forward to MK update.

Yes, it was definitely frustrating but we made it.:thumbsup2

Great update. We didn't make it to DTD last trip with my 2DS and are going to try it on our Trip this FEB:banana: The boys will love the lego store and candy store.:yay: I love the Mini Mouse dresses. I don't have girls to dress up, so maybe I should get one for myself:rotfl2: Keep up the great report:thumbsup2

I have so enjoyed your report, I felt like I was there with you!

So now that you are home, how are you feeling? Is the cast off? (Sorry if this was covered already).

And most importantly, when are you going back?

We are going to the Beach Club for 4 nights in December, I can't wait! :banana: :yay:

Great update on the rest of your day at TL! You have convinced me...I am gonna go for sure next time!

And I am so glad to see that I am not the only one who runs out of time each year at DTD! No matter how many times I go, or how much time I have, it is never enough!

Sorry you never got to Illuminations. However, everytime I keep something on my "to do" list, it just helps to build the excitement for the next trip!:goodvibes

Great update. We didn't make it to DTD last trip with my 2DS and are going to try it on our Trip this FEB:banana: The boys will love the lego store and candy store.:yay: I love the Mini Mouse dresses. I don't have girls to dress up, so maybe I should get one for myself:rotfl2: Keep up the great report:thumbsup2

Yes, DTD is worth making the time for. Although not too good for the pocket book.;)

I have so enjoyed your report, I felt like I was there with you!

So now that you are home, how are you feeling? Is the cast off? (Sorry if this was covered already).

And most importantly, when are you going back?

We are going to the Beach Club for 4 nights in December, I can't wait! :banana: :yay:

Yes, cast is off. I still wear a splint on left wrist but I am greatly improved. Beach Club looks like so much fun. I want to go December next time. You will have a blast.

Great update on the rest of your day at TL! You have convinced me...I am gonna go for sure next time!

And I am so glad to see that I am not the only one who runs out of time each year at DTD! No matter how many times I go, or how much time I have, it is never enough!

Sorry you never got to Illuminations. However, everytime I keep something on my "to do" list, it just helps to build the excitement for the next trip!:goodvibes

Yes, TL turned out to be even better than i'd hoped.:goodvibes

Last we left off we had finished our great day at Typhoon Lagoon and DTD. The girls opened up their presents which were custom Minnie dresses and we were off to bed for an early rise and rope drop at MK.

So, once again we were woken by Mickey on the phone at about 7 a.m. We really wanted to get to MK at rope drop in time to watch their little opening at the railroad station. Today I actually helped w/ most of the hair. I did DD7's braids. (Think DH pulled the hair up in a pony tail). We even put matching ribbon in their hair.
DisneyWorld2008475.jpg

We were going through baggage check when the train pulled up w/ Mickey and friends and they did the little opening show. It truly is amazing to witness firsthand. Even from as far back as we were. We were so glad we caught it. They sing some cute repetative song that starts, "good morning, good morning." Thus my title for this installment.:goodvibes
DisneyWorld2008476-1.jpg

We arrived at MK right at rope drop time but once again were not up to the rope when it dropped. I think by now DD7 thought we were playing a joke on her w/ this whole "rope drop" thing.:laughing:

We also got to see how CM line Main Street and wave w/ big Mickey Hands at opening. This was a very neat new experience for us as well.
DisneyWorld2008477-1.jpg

Well I know it was rope drop time and the best thing to do would have been to dash for our favorite ride but I had something else I needed to get done in order to clear my mind. The girls had such cute outfits on from head to :eek: NOT TOE. They had on pink shoes that did not match and in my opinion they were ruining the outfits. So I quick dashed in a store on main street and a CM helped me find the shoes I was looking for about 3 stores down.
DisneyWorld2008478-1.jpg

I quickly brought the girls in to make sure we got the right size and we were off w/ fully matching outfits.:thumbsup2

Since we had only hit Fronteirland for one ride on our previous MK day we headed straight that way. But first we got a few photopass pictures taken.
image160.jpg

image163.jpg

image157.jpg

As we crossed the bridge toward Fronteirland there was a CM in a blue shirt and all the important phones and black bag. He looked as if he was looking for something, or someone, or someone special. As we passed by, he pointed out how great the girls looked in their Disney outfits. He then asked where we were off to. We hadn't told the girls we were going to be doing BTMR first thing so I said, "Fronteirland". He then said, "Can I walk w/ you." Both DH and I were inside getting very excited but trying not to let on. He asked us about ourselves and made small talk along the way. When we told him where we were from (a fairly small town) he knew someone from the area and come to find out we did know her. She goes to our church. In fact DH has known her since she was born. So that was very exciting and I decided to take a picture of him w/ the girls to show to our common friend.
DisneyWorld2008478-2.jpg

After we took the picture he walked a couple steps with us then said goodbye. I kept kicking myself. Maybe I shouldn't have stopped to take the picture. Maybe he didn't give us anything because we had a common acquaintance. Oh well, it was neat to be able to meet someone who we knew. It really is a small world.

So got both girls in line for BTMR w/o much problem and they both loved it.:thumbsup2
DisneyWorld2008482-1.jpg

There wasn't much of a line for Slash Mountain so we decided to do that again first thing DD7 didn't really want to but she came along whining a little. DD4 wanted to sit in the front this time. Afterward she decided she does not like the front because you get pretty wet. She did not like getting wet.
DisneyWorld2008481.jpg

Next we went on the Jungle Cruise.
DisneyWorld2008001.jpg

For the second year in a row DD7 was chosen to "steer" through the tunnel.
DisneyWorld2008002.jpg

Next we went through Pirates of the Caribbean.

Then we made our way to Tiki Room. We ended up getting there as the previous show was just beginning so we did have to wait about 15 minutes. While we were waiting we took this picture that some of you have noticed in my signature.
DisneyWorld2008003-2.jpg

Then we rode Aladdin’s magic carpet. We'd never ridden this before it is a pretty area to view from up high.
DisneyWorld2008004.jpg

When we were in Adventureland we asked around for where they do the photopass pictures sword fighting Captain Hook. We were told that no one was out yet and to check back periodically. We checked by several times throughout the day and no one was ever there.:sad2:

We had lunch here. I think this is Pecos Bills right? We were hesitant to eat here since last year there was absolutely no seating. This year it was still busy but there was seating. DH must have been tired because he suggested going home for a nap. I was a little tired too but thought it would be best if we stuck it out. MK was closing early for MNSSHP this day and we had dinner res. at LTT. I am SO glad we decided to stick it out because we had a fabulous afternoon.

This is a cute picture w/ dad wearing DD4's Minnie ears. She had taken them off. This is a significant point for a little later on in this day. Also, you'll see DH hat that was purchased in the store near Tiki room. I too got a cute visor that you'll see in later posts.
DisneyWorld2008005.jpg

Up Next:hourglass: Two magical moments to remember!

Great MK update!

Well you are right....that Dream Team member had me totally convinced there was something coming to you too! I have heard that they will take time out to chat and mingle with guests, which is nice, but it certainly leads you on, doesn't it???:rotfl:

Can't wait for more!:goodvibes

I just love the girls attire and the shoes really make it, great buy!!:lovestruc I can't beleive nothing came of the Dream team, nice you both knew someone from back home, but where was the dream??!:confused3 Can't wait to find out why your DH is wearing the Minnie ears.......and can't wait to see the new visor!! :goodvibes

Your girls' outfits are precious:) MK is my fave park..too bad the Dream Team turned out to be MIA in the dream dep't. I would have had my hopes up too. Looking forward to your next up date.

Hi !
Just noticed your TR and am loving it !
What a trooper you are and you seem to be doing so well you strong woman you!
I have to admit I have only been reading the report and not the comments, except the one asking what your sandals were, I had noticed them too, and wondered what they were. So I have to ask is your DH blow drying your hair every day? Sorry if you've already answered this. I think you look great, even on the days you think you don't. Also did you make the Minnie dresses?

Don't beat yourself up about not getting a dream, I just read in Tiggerbell's TR that if they are not wearing their white vest then they are in "super greeter" mode, and not giving out dreams.
Again loving the report, you familly is lovely.
Lynn

You are doing such a great trip report! :thumbsup2 Your girls are just too cute and I'm in love :lovestruc with their minnie outfits! I do have a question if you have time to reply :goodvibes I have noticed your hubby's backpack in your pictures and I want one just like it for my hubby on our next trip...what brand is it and do you remember where you got it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter