Disney with a Southern Twist- Tomber 11.11.11 UPDATE: BLOGGED & LIFE!! 1/24!

YOU STAY SAFE WITH IRENE!!!

I'm so happy you got the invites done and sent! That must make you feel SO relieved!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE times 1,000,000,000 the shoes and candle/flower/goblet ideas! WOW. So much love. :lovestruc

So first off...

But then I saw this....

118242944_0RMFM3Nh_c.jpg

What a great idea!!! We are going to flip the glasses and put a white
carnation in the bottom.

I love this! What a great idea!!

... and will definitely keep his grandmother in our prayers. :goodvibes

Ack! So behind sorry I have been so MIA. Everything is really coming along and I am glad you stayed safe during the storm. That bouquet with the black feathers are to die for! Nice updates chick!

Ack! Holy awesome update, Batman!

First--- love the hair style and the bouquet. And I definitely think you should add some daisies to the bouquet... mostly because I'm only using daisies so I'm a little partial. :) But I also really like it with the feathers too!!!

I'm really liking the cake and the cupcakes and the boxes and the whole black and white feel. I LOVE those colors for wedding colors--- it's very classy and classic.

And I love the shoe idea too! I don't think I'll do it because I don't like anyone :lmao: but I still love the idea.

Whew. Okay, I think I covered most stuff--- great post!

Haha your argument for daisies is totally valid! :lmao:

Aww thanks! I am partial to black and white.. and teal.. of course!

LOLOL you crack me up... luckily if I don't like anyone, at least it will be at the bottom of my shoes... haha

Wow. Everything looks great. I love your colors, your dress and all the Disney touches. I also love that you are a carnation fan. I used a lot of carnations in my wedding. I would suggest that instead of the three black carnations (they'd have to be dyed and they end up looking sort of purple) you include Mickey crystals. I had them in my two MOH bouquets which were white carnations. You could do them black as well. My groom's bout also had a Mickey crystal. Just an idea!

Here's a pic of the girls' bouquets:

4509515735_f1c508560c_b.jpg

4502032124_63c193b33b_b.jpg

Your flowers were gorgeous!! :goodvibes I will definitely keep that in mind for the carnations and the mickey crystals. I will see what my florist comes up with and I still need to find a way to incorporate some Mickey's into the guys flowers!

Hey girl! So as far as Irene goes, we hate a very rough relationship. I wanna beat her senseless right now. But happy she didn't mess with your plans.

I love the floral! Like we talked about when we were searching, I totally love the first bouquet with the feathers. What if you did that one with the black or a really deep teal flower Mickey in the middle? Then wrap it in teal with black lace overlay?? =] I think that sounds gawgeous! I can't wait to see what you come back with after talking to your florist!

I love the idea about the boutenierre's. I wanna do that for Dave's. But the antenna ball one sounds adorable also! They have key-chains that are like mini antenna balls, maybe you could use then with some flowers?? Just to add some Mickey into it?? I think that would be awesome!

Centerpiece ideas look faboo! What're you going to do with the Mickey head??

Stay safe seester! <3 <3

Yes Irene was not a nice one for sure!!:scared1:

I was looking into Buttons made into mickey's for the guy's flowers, so I will have to look around for that- if not I think I can get a nice lot of pins from ebay or something?

I am going to just place the Mickey head on top- worse case scenario, I can always glue the bottom down just in case!

Yay, I love all your updates! That hair style inspiration pic looks really nice - it seems like a hairstyle that will look gorgeous on you! So I'm looking forward to hearing how your trial goes :goodvibes

I also really like the cake idea and can't wait to see it. All of the flower possibilities sound beautiful, though I kind of like the ones with the feathers!

Thanks Becky! You Mrs. You!! :goodvibes

My trial went well! Pictures incoming!

YOU STAY SAFE WITH IRENE!!!

I'm so happy you got the invites done and sent! That must make you feel SO relieved!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE times 1,000,000,000 the shoes and candle/flower/goblet ideas! WOW. So much love. :lovestruc

YES! I feel so relieved!! (except FMIL keeps trying to still add more guests..... :confused3)

Awww thanks twinny!!! :lovestruc

I love this! What a great idea!!

... and will definitely keep his grandmother in our prayers. :goodvibes

Thank you Nichole!! His grandma is doing much better! She is back home now! So good thoughts!! :)

Ack! So behind sorry I have been so MIA. Everything is really coming along and I am glad you stayed safe during the storm. That bouquet with the black feathers are to die for! Nice updates chick!

Thanks Vicky!!!

BIG POST!!! :surfweb:

SO first off! My hair and make-up trial took place two weekends ago! It actually went pretty well. My hairstylist had cancelled before due to an illness, so she managed to open the salon on Sunday just for me! :goodvibes Which was awesome because we weren't rushed and I was really able to feel her out and get a lot of advice!

I basically just let her do her thing in regards to my makeup, I brought in a few pics, but nothing specific! She did sort of a smokey-eye but real light, using browns and some golds. She was light on the blush and I LOVED the lipstick! She is going to buy me some to keep and use for the wedding day! :lovestruc

She did an AWESOME job on the hair- it was exactly what I wanted. We did for-go the ribbon headband and we are going to just use the headpiece that my mom and I made and I am also going to go ahead and include a small veil! Which I was totally against at first- but then I thought- when else can you wear a veil in your life? And I am just going to have it on for the ceremony and that's it! She is going to make the braid tighter and neater for the actual wedding, so it will be a little more clean.

Here is a couple pictures! You couldn't really see a lot of detail outside with the lighting so I took the majority in the bathroom!

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1441.jpg

IMG_1440.jpg

IMG_1483.jpg

IMG_1471.jpg

IMG_1469.jpg

IMG_1467.jpg

And one for fun when I took it all down! Haha I literally took these pictures and then hopped in the shower so I could go meet Thomas... haha my mom said it was the quickest she'd ever seen her money go so fast!

IMG_1514.jpg

The meet up with the florist went well as well! We really didn't need too many flowers, just basically a bouquet for me, flowers for the mom's and grandma one carnation for each table for the centerpieces, rose petals for the aisle and flowers for the boys! We are going to try the all carnation idea with possibly a mickey head in the center either with crystals or black carnations and the wrapped base with teal ribbon. I might need to see a trial of the colors and what it looks like! I am thinking for the boys, adding some type of Mickey silhouette either with buttons, or pins or something to just add a little Disney touch. SO I need to either make those, or buy some! She was all on board for the Disney touches, and she gets my craziness, so that is a good thing!

I also was in a mad search for a white rehearsal dress- but so far for the past months I have had no such luck! I did manage to score some very nice dresses for good prices, and now have three options for the rehearsal! What do you think? Worse comes to worse, if I find another dress #2 and #3 can be just nice casual/maybe work attire dresses, and #1 can be a fun party dress, or nice formal dress for a wedding! That sucker might make an appearance in 2 weddings and my rehearsal! :lmao:

IMG_1531.jpg

IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1535.jpg

We have one more payment to make on our Honeymoon! And speaking of Honeymoon... guess who got a ressie for the Dessert Party on November 12th!?!? :woohoo: SO excited! It will be our first night in Disney and the day after we get married!

We finally got DF a ring from Overstock. We ordered two separate styles and he ended up liking one better! It is a little darker than this, but it is so pretty!! We do have to send it back and order a smaller size, but at least we have a decision!

P10388718.jpg

We are finalizing the menu with the venue next week and the bar and we will get to do a tasting some time in October. We are also going to schedule an engagement session with our photographer mid-October for a meet and greet photo-op session. Which we probably won't buy the pictures because we already did some with my parents, but it will be fun to get to know the photographer better, and for her not to be a complete stranger on our wedding day! :rotfl:We are toying with the idea of a Halloween session as well with costumes and all, so it might be too cool!

A bit of personal news!

I have a job interview at Apple for next week- so here's hoping that goes well! And I have a few other resumes floating around!

Our lease for our house is up in October- and with the wedding planning and everything going on we thought we would ask the landlord/real estate agent about possibly committing to a 6 month lease versus a year lease, since we are really thinking about buying a house and starting a life here. Well needless to say.. even in a recession this lady will not budge! Even though she could make another like $7,000+ on us! I don't get it! We are model tenants, and not to mention we don't live in the safest neighborhood in the world- and she knows our situation, and only thing she offered was to replace the carpet upstairs if we stayed... by far the dumbest incentive ever.

SO we really don't want to sign another year lease, one because this place is just so far from our jobs, and everything we love about downtown, and honestly if she wants to be difficult, I don't really want to put anymore money in her pocket. SO basically we are left with the option of moving in less than 2 weeks, and trying to find an apartment for 6 months and house-hunt in the mean time. But packing up a house in 2 weeks, and all the wedding planning and packed weekends and work, it is going to be a nightmare! AND to top it off.. apparently Siberian Huskies are on a dumb aggressive breeds list, and 90% of the apartment complexes around here won't allow her. :confused3

So we have a real estate agent looking for us, but if we don't find something probably by mid next week, I think we are stuck here for another year! :( We are both kind of torn on what to do! :sad2:

Hiii! So we've already talked about the dresses and such.. but I'm really feeling number 3, unless you're going for a formal rehearsal, then do number 1. Unless you dress it down with a white cardigan, teal chunky jewels, and white or teal shoes. OO la la!

The flowers sound fabulous! I'd have her make you a mock up bouquet? I'm going to have my florist do the same once the time comes! But everything else sounds faaaabulous! =]

Hoping the interview goes well! Eek! Fingers crossed my dear!

That seriously really bites about the lease situation and your landlord is a total turd burglar! =] Just saying. Hopefully something turns up.. otherwise maybe it just wasn't meant to be?? =[ =[

You're getting so close my seeester!

LOL @Jenifer up there--- turd burglar?!? I <3 you girls.

Anyway, I'm in agreement: I LOVE #3 and #1. I like #2 a lot though too. So I'm basically no help.

And I'm sorry about your apartment situation--- that bites!!! :( :( I hope you find something, and here's some pixie dust for the jobs. :wizard::wizard:

Hiii! So we've already talked about the dresses and such.. but I'm really feeling number 3, unless you're going for a formal rehearsal, then do number 1. Unless you dress it down with a white cardigan, teal chunky jewels, and white or teal shoes. OO la la!

The flowers sound fabulous! I'd have her make you a mock up bouquet? I'm going to have my florist do the same once the time comes! But everything else sounds faaaabulous! =]

Hoping the interview goes well! Eek! Fingers crossed my dear!

That seriously really bites about the lease situation and your landlord is a total turd burglar! =] Just saying. Hopefully something turns up.. otherwise maybe it just wasn't meant to be?? =[ =[

You're getting so close my seeester!

Haha yes, I think I like the idea of dressing down #1!! I think its just too cute! :)

I am still debating on the bouquet! I kinda want the mickey in the center, but I also think I can maybe just have some black crystals and stuff in between the carnations? We are going to Hobby Lobby this weekend so I am definitely going to see what they have!

Well after freaking out for a week and setting up a million appointments with a realtor and talking with apartments, I guess we scared our Landlord and she went ahead and said we could do a 6 month lease... SO WHOOHOO we don't have to pick up and move a whole house in a week... but some of those places we did look at were super nice! But I guess we can wait 6 months and get a house we really want to buy!

LOL @Jenifer up there--- turd burglar?!? I <3 you girls.

Anyway, I'm in agreement: I LOVE #3 and #1. I like #2 a lot though too. So I'm basically no help.

And I'm sorry about your apartment situation--- that bites!!! :( :( I hope you find something, and here's some pixie dust for the jobs. :wizard::wizard:

LOL... Turd burglar.....

Haha.. I am torn between #! and #3!!! But you are still a help! :goodvibes

Thanks!! I have my interview this week with Apple on Thursday, so that will be hopefully a good thing!! :wizard:

2 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:scared1: :woohoo: :dance3: :yay: :goodvibes :lovestruc :confused3

Quick Update on my ever-growing to-do list!

1. Need to send back reject DF ring and exchange the one he picked! (plan on doing that today!)
2. Make Guestbook! ( 25% off coupon this week, so need to get it done!)
3. Booked Engagement Session for October 16th (DONE)
4. Order Groomsman Gifts
5. Decide on Wedding Vows
6. Make Cupcake wrappers (they are so freaking expensive otherwise, and I found a template online- just have to cut out about 100 of them!:scared1:)
7. Make Wedding Programs
8. Burn CDs with Wedding Music- Ceremony/ Cocktail Hour/ Reception
9. Gifts for my parents, and DF's mom & grandma
10. Email venue with details on tablecloths and napkins, and final menu and set up a tasting!
11. Meet with florist again for final details
12. Getting my first fitting done on Saturday!
13. Send out invites for my Bridal Shower
14. Book wedding night Hotel
15. Make final payment for Honeymoon by Sept. 28th
16. Order guest favors closer to wedding
17. 3 more centerpieces to do!

I will be on my way to Disney 2 months from TODAY!!! :woohoo:

2 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:scared1: :woohoo: :dance3: :yay: :goodvibes :lovestruc :confused3

Quick Update on my ever-growing to-do list!

1. Need to send back reject DF ring and exchange the one he picked! (plan on doing that today!)
2. Make Guestbook! ( 25% off coupon this week, so need to get it done!)
3. Booked Engagement Session for October 16th (DONE)
4. Order Groomsman Gifts
5. Decide on Wedding Vows
6. Make Cupcake wrappers (they are so freaking expensive otherwise, and I found a template online- just have to cut out about 100 of them!:scared1:)
7. Make Wedding Programs
8. Burn CDs with Wedding Music- Ceremony/ Cocktail Hour/ Reception
9. Gifts for my parents, and DF's mom & grandma
10. Email venue with details on tablecloths and napkins, and final menu and set up a tasting!
11. Meet with florist again for final details
12. Getting my first fitting done on Saturday!
13. Send out invites for my Bridal Shower
14. Book wedding night Hotel
15. Make final payment for Honeymoon by Sept. 28th
16. Order guest favors closer to wedding
17. 3 more centerpieces to do!

I will be on my way to Disney 2 months from TODAY!!! :woohoo:

So I'm currently talking to you right now but figured I'd post on here as well!!

SOoooo awesome about the landlord! Fingers crossed you can find a house in 6 months!

As far as the bouquet goes... I vote.. white carnations with teal tips, black crystals mixed with some mickey shaped ones, & teal feathers around the entire bottom part. :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

Can't believe that you are SO CLOSE!!!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Did we talk Thomas out of that creepy mccreeperson costume!? :scared1:

So I'm currently talking to you right now but figured I'd post on here as well!!

SOoooo awesome about the landlord! Fingers crossed you can find a house in 6 months!

As far as the bouquet goes... I vote.. white carnations with teal tips, black crystals mixed with some mickey shaped ones, & teal feathers around the entire bottom part. :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

Can't believe that you are SO CLOSE!!!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Did we talk Thomas out of that creepy mccreeperson costume!? :scared1:

YES! I want a house so bad!!!

OMG that idea for the bouquet sounds... ummm.. kind of amazing? :D Maybe throw some black buttons in there to tie in with the boys boutineers?!

I need to copy and paste that description and give it to my florist! :goodvibes

YES! SO CLOSE!!! :scared1:

Haha.. I haven't sold him on anything "cute" yet... haha :rolleyes1

Well today's day off was very productive! Got a lot done!! :) Enjoy the fruits of my labor and gaze upon our guestbook!!

I am just going to buy a variety pack of sharpies and they can sign directly on the pages, anywhere they want! :)

It only ended up costing me like $20! That includes shipping!! I bought a Groupon a while ago and finally put it to use!

When I get my signed picture from Mickey & Minnie I am going to frame it and put it by the guestbook! <3!

http://www.mixbook.com/photo-books/wedding/modern-wedding-5933991

YES! I want a house so bad!!!

OMG that idea for the bouquet sounds... ummm.. kind of amazing? :D Maybe throw some black buttons in there to tie in with the boys boutineers?!

I need to copy and paste that description and give it to my florist! :goodvibes

YES! SO CLOSE!!! :scared1:

Haha.. I haven't sold him on anything "cute" yet... haha :rolleyes1

Well today's day off was very productive! Got a lot done!! :) Enjoy the fruits of my labor and gaze upon our guestbook!!

I am just going to buy a variety pack of sharpies and they can sign directly on the pages, anywhere they want! :)

It only ended up costing me like $20! That includes shipping!! I bought a Groupon a while ago and finally put it to use!

When I get my signed picture from Mickey & Minnie I am going to frame it and put it by the guestbook! <3!

http://www.mixbook.com/photo-books/wedding/modern-wedding-5933991

Yay! I'm so glad you like my floral idea. I'd do buttons on the stem of the bouquet. 2 button Mickey's and one larger Crystal Mickey OR a Mickey brooch. That way it'll tie in with the bouquet's. OMG that sounds amaze-balls. Please send me pictures if you're florist does a mock up? I think it'll be gawgeous!! :lovestruc :lovestruc

I still can't believe you're so close!

Tell him to be something manly yet cute, unless you do 2 costumes? Do a scarey one and a cutesy one? Were you still thinking of doing the HP route?? I'll see what I can think of! :surfweb: Which reminds me.. Dave and I need costumes as well because he's decided to have a Halloween party at my house! haha.

Ugggh, I'm such a horrible twinny--I haven't commented in a while!!! :eek:

Your hair and makeup trial, ohmygosh...YOU LOOK SO GORGEOUS. I love :lovestruc the hair--it's a really sexy 'do. :bride:

Also, the guest book looks really great! I love all the little sayings you picked. :goodvibes

LESS THAN 2 MONTHS!!! :woohoo::bride::hug:

Wow, you are so close! I'm so excited for you, and it really seems like your plans are coming together nicely :) I love your hair, and all of your dress options for the rehearsal are really cute. I think #2 was my favorite but really they are all fab! And that's so good to hear about your lease as well. I moved about 2 months before my wedding so while it is possible, it's definitely not fun! Plus I had plenty of time to prepare and pack, and started about a month beforehand, so if you only had a week or two that would have been so stressful. So YAY for your landlord's change of heart!

we'll be chowing at ohana before you know it!!! i'll have my "ohana pants" on for sure, lol. i leave there so uncomfortable :lmao: make sure to bring a sweater--it's always freeeeeezing cold in there!!

Yay! I'm so glad you like my floral idea. I'd do buttons on the stem of the bouquet. 2 button Mickey's and one larger Crystal Mickey OR a Mickey brooch. That way it'll tie in with the bouquet's. OMG that sounds amaze-balls. Please send me pictures if you're florist does a mock up? I think it'll be gawgeous!! :lovestruc :lovestruc

I still can't believe you're so close!

Tell him to be something manly yet cute, unless you do 2 costumes? Do a scarey one and a cutesy one? Were you still thinking of doing the HP route?? I'll see what I can think of! :surfweb: Which reminds me.. Dave and I need costumes as well because he's decided to have a Halloween party at my house! haha.

LOVE your floral idea.. which is why I just emailed my florist and let her know.. haha :lmao:I found a really pretty mickey pennant on ebay, so I might use that for the bottom of the bouquet!

SO CLOSE!!!! AHHH!!!

Haha.. I am going to have to sit down and have a heart to heart with that boy... haha I am going to browse the web and see what I can come up with!

OOOOOH a Halloween party sounds so fun!! :) October and November are my two favorite months and I LOVE fall!! :lovestruc

Ugggh, I'm such a horrible twinny--I haven't commented in a while!!! :eek:

Your hair and makeup trial, ohmygosh...YOU LOOK SO GORGEOUS. I love :lovestruc the hair--it's a really sexy 'do. :bride:

Also, the guest book looks really great! I love all the little sayings you picked. :goodvibes

LESS THAN 2 MONTHS!!! :woohoo::bride::hug:

Awwww no way!! You are totally the best twinny ever!! :hug::hug: And you have a lot going on for you too missy!!

Thanks!!! :goodvibes I really like the hair! And sexy too? OH LA LA!

I will post some pics of the guestbook when I actually get it in the mail for sure!

AHHHHHHH 2 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :yay: :scared1:

Wow, you are so close! I'm so excited for you, and it really seems like your plans are coming together nicely :) I love your hair, and all of your dress options for the rehearsal are really cute. I think #2 was my favorite but really they are all fab! And that's so good to hear about your lease as well. I moved about 2 months before my wedding so while it is possible, it's definitely not fun! Plus I had plenty of time to prepare and pack, and started about a month beforehand, so if you only had a week or two that would have been so stressful. So YAY for your landlord's change of heart!

Thanks Becky!! :) Glad to get a married woman's opinion ;) Yeah I am SO glad I don't have to move... or I would have to be packing right now instead of posting on the DIS boards... lol.. that condo we looked at though... it would have been awesome...

we'll be chowing at ohana before you know it!!! i'll have my "ohana pants" on for sure, lol. i leave there so uncomfortable :lmao: make sure to bring a sweater--it's always freeeeeezing cold in there!!

LOL "Ohana Pants"..... I LOVE IT!! :rotfl: I think I will be wearing a dress so I can expand fully in the waist... lol... oooh I am thinking a cute sweater and a scarf!! My PERFECT outfit! YAY!!! So excited! I can sneak you into the dessert party too if you want.. haha since you will have your ohana pants on! :lmao:

Just wanted to check in!!!

I came home for the weekend for my first dress fitting and a trip to Hobby Lobby with my mom and sister in law!!!

The weather is really cool down here so totally busting out the scarfs and hoodies!!

I LOVE fall!!

On a side note- I had a group seminar interview with Apple on Thursday night and shortly after the interview they called me for another interview for yesterday!! I think it went well! But pixie dust would help!! :wizard:

And finally! Thomas surprised me with an early birthday gift and is taking me to see Disney on Ice in October!!! :lovestruc

Have a great weekend.everyone!! :goodvibes

Just wanted to check in!!!

I came home for the weekend for my first dress fitting and a trip to Hobby Lobby with my mom and sister in law!!!

The weather is really cool down here so totally busting out the scarfs and hoodies!!

I LOVE fall!!

On a side note- I had a group seminar interview with Apple on Thursday night and shortly after the interview they called me for another interview for yesterday!! I think it went well! But pixie dust would help!! :wizard:

And finally! Thomas surprised me with an early birthday gift and is taking me to see Disney on Ice in October!!! :lovestruc

Have a great weekend.everyone!! :goodvibes

Ahem, where was my texts with pictures?! Missy!! Very upset! haha.

The weather's getting really cool down here.. I hate it. lol. I don't wanna give up my flip flops! However, I love my hoodies and scarves everyday! haha. I'm whacked!

So happy about the job interviews! A 2nd interview is always a good thing and I'm sending all my pixie dust your way!! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Disney on Ice is AMAZING. I've been trying to talk Dave into going but he's uber money conscious lately. Wah! Haha. Oh well. I'll vicariously live thru you and your pictures!!

Love you seeester.

Congrats on getting another interview!! Fingers crossed that this goes well for you and everything works out!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter