Disney Wish WIFI plans

insureman

DIS Veteran
Is the Wish using the same WIFI company the Magic is using now? Does anyone know if the plans are the same? TIA

Great question... would LOVE to know this. If I could actually reliably work remote on a Disney cruise ship, that is a game changer and would probably lead to booking at lease one, if not more, B2B cruises on the new ship :)

From what individuals who are on this cruise have indicated they have that plan available on the Wish and the internet is infinitely better.

Just got off the christening cruise. The WiFi was fantastic and you can stay fully connected and according to some you can make WiFi. Calls. Doesn't work on Castaway but they have stepped up their coverage with BTC. Used my Verizon travel pass and switched my phone to a hot spot. Was able to do a 40 minute zoom with ease

Also for two full days for the top speed it was $60 for 1 device $108 for 2 Pretty reasonable
Did they have an option for length of cruise as well..? We plan to take a hotspot and connect that to the wifi so we can both use our phones.

They did. I just didn't check the pricing of the package until after the first evening. As part of the christening cruise they gave 1 package 1 device to each cabin so I just don't know that price point.

Just got off the christening cruise. The WiFi was fantastic and you can stay fully connected and according to some you can make WiFi. Calls. Doesn't work on Castaway but they have stepped up their coverage with BTC. Used my Verizon travel pass and switched my phone to a hot spot. Was able to do a 40 minute zoom with ease
I'm so glad to hear it! I was scheduled for an audition over zoom and it's unfortunately the first night of my cruise. :(

If it is now daily or length of cruise do they not offer the “free” data the embarkation day? That was always enough for me to do the occasional email check.

If it is now daily or length of cruise do they not offer the “free” data the embarkation day? That was always enough for me to do the occasional email check.

Reporting back after the Wish MV --
On Day 1 (at least until we left port), I discovered I was able to access the internet while on airplane mode connected to DCL-GUEST wifi and before I had actually signed up for a package. As it turned out, I was offered a later audition slot (night #4), so I held off on signing up for an internet package until day 2, and I noticed the length-of-cruise options were prorated accordingly. I signed up for the midlevel package, and didn't actually upgrade to the highest plan until day 4. At that point, the upgrade for the rest of the cruise only cost me $20.
As for speed performance, well... I had no problems testing it out with a ******* video/voice chat w/2 of my friends (and took advantage of a rather empty ship to carry my tablet around decks 3 & 4 to give them a bit of a virtual lounge tour via freestyle rap.
Later that night (while the pirate party was going on, I was in the audition zoom with 5 other people and my stream had some freezing/lagging. I don't know if it was because of the number of people in the zoom or perhaps I was competing for bandwidth with people on deck livestreaming the pirate party/fireworks.

Yep. We were on the Magic a few weeks ago and just got off the Wish. The process was the same (pricing, etc) on both ships.

Which wifi pkg will we need…..my husband is currently involved in a medical study and he has a short form to complete each evening, maybe 2-3 minutes. Which package would be needed to do this?

i just got off the Dream and the package was $120 for one device or $216 for 2 devices for the 4 day cruise

Which wifi pkg will we need…..my husband is currently involved in a medical study and he has a short form to complete each evening, maybe 2-3 minutes. Which package would be needed to do this?
The mid-tier package should be fine for that purpose. That package is $24/day or $20/day if you get it for the duration of the cruise. Alternatively, if you're comfortable using a VPN, you can probably just get the $12/day ($10/day for the duration) package instead.

I’m curious as to wether he would need mid level package or the top level. Won’t be using internet other than that 2-3 minutes a day.
You definitely don't need the top-level package. All that adds is support for streaming video.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter