Disney Wish Arrival Date to Port Canaveral and Voyage Plans?

Mark G.

Earning My Ears
I'm not really seeing to much posts about an official arrival time/date to Port Canaveral regarding the Disney Wish. Is there any new updates including the discussion of the date of arrival to Port Canaveral or when the Cruise is to set sail to Port Canaveral? Is there also anybody who knows if the Disney Wish will overtake the Dream's route/voyage?

The Dream is moving to Miami to do Bahamas and Western Caribbean cruises until next spring where she will then go to Europe for the summer. I'd assume she'd come back to Miami after that, but nothing has been announced. While the Dream is in Europe, the Magic will do Bahamas/Caribbean from Miami. After that, who knows.

The Wish will do the standard 3 and 4 night Bahamas cruises that the Dream has done for 10+ years.

The Fantasy isn't going anywhere. Still doing the longer cruises from PC. The Wonder will stay out in the Pacific for probably the foreseeable future.

The Disney Wish is officially coming into Port Canaveral on June 20th, when Port Canaveral and DCL will be hosting a big early morning party on arrival

There is several Cast test voyages end of June/early July and then a few preview cruises early/mid July.

Then it’ll indefinitely take over the short hauls 3/4 nights that the Dream did.

No word yet what ship 6’s primary route will be and if it’ll take over the shorts.

The Wish is currently scheduled to take over the 3/4 nights for the Dream, yes.

When the Dream class ships were delivered the Dream took over for the Magic and then the Fantasy took over for the Wonder. Presumably the same will happen with ships 5 & 6; the Wish would continue on with 3/4 night trips and ship #6 would take over for the Fantasy with #7 being the wild card.

The Wish is currently scheduled to take over the 3/4 nights for the Dream, yes.

When the Dream class ships were delivered the Dream took over for the Magic and then the Fantasy took over for the Wonder. Presumably the same will happen with ships 5 & 6; the Wish would continue on with 3/4 night trips and ship #6 would take over for the Fantasy with #7 being the wild card.
There's a contract somewhere that Disney has to have X amount of cruises out of PC with the expanded fleet

The contract with PORT EVERGLADES also calls for them to have 2 terminals to use eventually.

According to The Orlando Sentinel, “the new deal will see the cruise line begin a 15-year lease as early as October 2023 with options to extend it to up to 30 years. It calls for year-round use of Cruise Terminal 4 for the first two years, and then adding access to a second terminal to be determined down the line.”

Any news on the christening? - Who will be the godmother/godperson/godcharacher?

I'm not really seeing to much posts about an official arrival time/date to Port Canaveral regarding the Disney Wish. Is there any new updates including the discussion of the date of arrival to Port Canaveral or when the Cruise is to set sail to Port Canaveral? Is there also anybody who knows if the Disney Wish will overtake the Dream's route/voyage?

Here is a thread where it was being discussed:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/wish-arriving-on-june-20th.3884441/#post-64035355

The contract with PORT EVERGLADES also calls for them to have 2 terminals to use eventually.

According to The Orlando Sentinel, “the new deal will see the cruise line begin a 15-year lease as early as October 2023 with options to extend it to up to 30 years. It calls for year-round use of Cruise Terminal 4 for the first two years, and then adding access to a second terminal to be determined down the line.”
We live in South Florida, very close to Fort Lauderdale and Port Everglades. We can't wait for DCL to sail out of Port Everglades! I haven't heard anything about it lately. I will be interested to see what ship they send down here.

The Dream is moving to Miami to do Bahamas and Western Caribbean cruises until next spring where she will then go to Europe for the summer. I'd assume she'd come back to Miami after that, but nothing has been announced. While the Dream is in Europe, the Magic will do Bahamas/Caribbean from Miami. After that, who knows.

The Wish will do the standard 3 and 4 night Bahamas cruises that the Dream has done for 10+ years.

The Fantasy isn't going anywhere. Still doing the longer cruises from PC. The Wonder will stay out in the Pacific for probably the foreseeable future.
This is disappointing as I would love to do double Castaway cruises but prefer staying at Disney the day before sailing and sailing out of Miami doesn’t work for me!

This is disappointing as I would love to do double Castaway cruises but prefer staying at Disney the day before sailing and sailing out of Miami doesn’t work for me!
I mean you could drive to Miami the morning of but it's a tight window

Flying down from Philly is traumatic enough let alone driving and sometimes I cruise by myself. I don’t think Disney really thought out this MiamI vs Port Canaveral maybe they should build a Disney hotel in Miami for stay overs or even a DVC

Flying down from Philly is traumatic enough let alone driving and sometimes I cruise by myself. I don’t think Disney really thought out this MiamI vs Port Canaveral maybe they should build a Disney hotel in Miami for stay overs or even a DVC
Disney won't be building a hotel in Miami since they won't be sailing from there much longer. By late 2023, DCL will have a new year-round home port at Port Everglades.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter